1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Devil has Deceived the Whole World

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goodnice 3.0

goodnice 3.0 Fapstronaut

Men need to be MEN, not worldly men who are the walking dead, but Godly men who shine bright with life! And women need to be WOMEN and fill their roles as Godly women. It’s getting harder to find wife-material, as well as to be husband-material, bc the voice of the enemy is so pervasive. So more are falling to the world (the enemy, the Devil).

Whoever doesn’t want to step out in faith to try to find God is blind, and in the end when they pass on they will lose out. Don’t hear what you want to hear, hear the truth. At least try to open your heart to discover for yourself if there is a God. He is there and He requires faith and the growth of spiritual eyes, instead of letting you see with physical eyes. But you have to take an honest open step towards Him. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you (James 4:8)

He will show you how science(the physical) reflects the spiritual. This is why Jesus was able to speak in parables. Bc in His divine wisdom He created the Earth and life and the science it all operates under. Although He doesn’t want the pain and suffering, He allows it bc in the end it will show us the truth of who He is, and how broken we are without Him and how much we need Him! It was mankind's wish after all to know good from evil.

Although He will cause it all, the good and bad, to work out for the good of those who love Him and are called for His purpose.

Darkness can’t be measured or defined except only as the absence of light. Don’t go without this light to find in the end that you’ve been hoodwinked by the voice of the enemy and your own flesh. In Christ, God gives us a new heart and makes us alive in the Spirit. Then we can see and discern. But He only gave one single name whereby we can be saved. Jesus. The way the truth and the life. This man modeled a life of real love and sacrifice as only God could possibly do. It’s not just some ancient writings of religiousity.

He is a real life man and a real life son of God in spirit and flesh. We are a dichotomy, but He is the bridge between the flesh that is man and the spirit that is God. The origin of all life. A whole universe created for one tiny planet to exist, perfectly placed away from the sun of the Milky Way, and tilted on its axis and rotating just enough to give the right weather and seasons. Just enough oxygen. Too much and we would burn up, too little and we suffocate.
    God bless our hearts and renew our minds!!!

Fat Boy, rishi123, Toni7 and 5 others like this.
  2. goodnice 3.0

goodnice 3.0 Fapstronaut

Believers are given the Holy Spirit, which helps us to discern truth from lies. Also, the truth will set you free (john 8:31). It is true that believers can be deceived by the devil too!

How can I know truth from deception? I look to the Word of God, to see what it says. It actually covers pretty much every major life issue/topic. I pray for discernment and wisdom. Also, I can see the reality of the fruit the Holy Spirit has produced in my life. I am a completely new person, changed from inside out.

Read the word.

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)

I am sorry but you can't just believe whatever you want to believe, just bc it comforts you. Jesus died for everyone so that everyone has the opportunity to receive the gift of eternal life, true, but only those who believe in him actually receive Jesus's covering (atonement) to enter eternal life. Not everyone will be saved because not everyone wants to be saved

Second of all, your logic and the verses you cited do not indicate that God will save everyone (universalism). Romans 10:13 clearly says everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved; not everyone, but only those who call on the name of the Lord (believe in jesus). And clearly not everyone believes and has put their faith in Jesus. Those who do not call on the name of the Lord will not be saved

Romans 14:11 doesn't indicate that everyone will be saved. Rather it is saying that everyone one day will confess that Jesus is lord because we will all be judged by him, both those who believe and are saved, and those who chose not to believe (and perish).

Let me share some verses that clearly show not everyone will be saved
    • "Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide, and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter by it. 14"For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it," (Matt. 7:13-14).
    • "For many are called, but few are chosen," (Matt. 22:14).
    • The condition for being saved is clearly spelled out in (Romans 10:9): if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
    • “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16) Clearly this verse indicates that it is whoever believes in Jesus will be saved, and whoever does not believe will perish
    • No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish (Luke 13:3)
    • Clearly not everyone but those who receive him (who believe in him) become children of God. Not everyone is a child of God. And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. (Ephesians 2:1-3)

• But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12)
    • Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him. (john 3:36)
    • Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. (john 5:24)

The one verse that spells it out more clearly than anything else that not all will be saved but only those who believe is John 3:18
    Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Johnthesavage likes this.
  3. goodnice 3.0

goodnice 3.0 Fapstronaut

Thank you! I do believe God is love, and that God loves everyone and is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9).

However, God cannot force his love on anyone. If i hold out a gift to you, you must open your hand in order to receive it. Thus, God wants everyone to be saved, yet he cannot force anyone, and so, crazy as it sounds, some people do not want to have anything to do with God (a lot of this i believe stems from incomplete, misguided understandings of who God really is).

But God has given us free will to believe in his son Jesus. Jesus says "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and dine with him, and he with Me." (revelations 3:20)

So he knocks, but he won't barge in on his own accord. You have to open the door

Chris_Cactusblossom likes this.
  4. I opened my heart to Jesus last night and cried out of compassion for myself, which I either haven't done before, or can't remember having done. To connect with any emotion besides rage, lust, despair, etc. is a relief, and it came because I quietly told Christ what was weighing on my soul.

5. goodnice 3.0

goodnice 3.0 Fapstronaut

Dude that's wonderful! I pray this will be the beginning of a new life for you. May God begin working in your heart. It sounds like you had a real confession moment. Hopefully this will be the pivotal moment in your life, the turning point. Feel free to reach out Chris if you ever wanna talk about anything, including faith

6. Thanks, man. It's been a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong road, but it just might be that I finally really am beginning to approach God the right way.

Not sure I believe in pivotal moments, as such. Anyone who says you can't earn grace, I suspect, has been trying to earn grace the same way you'd try to get a promotion at work. Silently tilling the soil of one's own heart and praying the seed of the Word might grow there is a different matter.

I hadn't framed the experience as confession, but why not? It fits. There was no guilt involved, in the way that people raised within a religion might experience it (and I'm not saying this guilt is a negative thing - it's the price to pay for being a member of a social group). It was just a frank, tender moment. 'Contrite' might be the right word, but also vulnerable. I'm not sure how much to talk about these things, but also, why not? I've got nothing riding on it, and the truth is the truth.

Thanks for the offer, too. I try to keep things public on these forums, for better or worse, but I'm sure we'll see each other around. ;)

Leader of ME likes this.
  7. me

CArT_Vader likes this.
  8. Keep that thread quality .
    It is your duty .
    Love it .

goodnice 3.0 likes this.
  9. Why did you report?

10. bestme996

bestme996 Fapstronaut

Why is belief so important?

FellatiousD likes this.
  11. It's important to me. It acts as my guide throughout life.

12. bestme996

bestme996 Fapstronaut

Yeah but I go to hell for not believing. We all do.

13. God is the all merciful. You're not really a bad human being or destroyer of the human race, neither. Don't lost hope.

goodnice 3.0 likes this.
  14. goodnice 3.0

goodnice 3.0 Fapstronaut

you don't go to hell. God is love. Everyone will be saved eventually. But the first shall be last and the last shall be first

15. He lived and showed us values of life, He showed us forgiveness, respect and love. He showed us how to live and he is always in our heart. What a great he was, the positive vibe he left in this world has lasted for more than 2000 years. Feeling blessed to be a Christian.

16. This thread was recently moved into the Christian forum by a moderator. I have locked it as I believe it has run its course and some unorthodox teachings are being presented.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.