1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

About intermittent fasting

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by kamov, Jun 29, 2020.

1. kamov

kamov Fapstronaut

Hi everyone!

I came across a intermittent fasting article. Many people report several health benefits from fasting and I am willing to try and implement in my lifestyle.

But I have a question, for those who do intermittent fasting. Can I have meal at lunch (1pm) and another at night (8pm) and the rest of the hours of fasting ?

Angus McGyver likes this.
  2. That's exactly how I do my 16:8, one meal at 1pm one meal at 8pm, no meals in between. Lost 5kg since June 20th!

3. kamov

kamov Fapstronaut

Wow!
    I started IF today.
    I did my first meal at probably 1pm and the last was close to 8pm, but in between 1pm-8pm I did several "snacks", fruits, some other things, nothing with much calories but I did my usual food routine.

I don't want to do this just because of the weight loss but to create a positive and healthy lifestyle. Incredible what Nofap does.

4. Congrats on starting your journey, godspeed! I agree, NoFap is truly a catalyser of self-improvement. Well there's no rule that says you can't snack in between your meals, I'm personally not doing it for strict weight loss but I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to, I haven't read anything about not snacking anywhere. Especially if you're not only doing it for the weight loss, I can see why it would be more sustainable.

Plus it's fasting, not skipping meals; you're supposed to have in your 8h window the same amount of calories than you would in a normal eating day. It's the same for OMAD: you're supposed to have all your calories within an hour period, not eat the equivalent of one meal.

Btw your avatar made me chuckle :D

kamov likes this.
  5. kamov

kamov Fapstronaut

Yeah.
    I did some research and many people suggest that we should eat a high amount of calories and proteins during that 8h window, and that makes sense.

Besides that, I see many people report, mostly males, that IF impacts libido, I don't know if they do 16:8 or a more "extreme" plan but what is your experience regarding that subject ?

6. My experience is that I'm a girl and haven't seen any difference in terms of libido since I started IF about two weeks ago haha. Maybe I just don't notice it though. I don't think 16:8 is very extreme so maybe this is way.

kamov likes this.
  7. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

I am glad to hear that you have also discovered this great and ancient practice too!
    The rule of an IM-fasting-routine is that you preferably eat all of your day's meal within an 8-hour window or less. So yes, some lunch at 13:00 and dinner at 20:00 while fasting in-between works just fine.
    With this routine, you give your body and digestive-system enough time to burn off some waste-products and toxins (plus, it kills cancer-cells while new cells are regenerated).
    I am myself only eating OMAD during a 3-4 hour window between 18-21 and it has worked wonders on me since I am leaner and healthier than ever and don't even crave any food throughout the day. It feels truly great not obsessing about food anymore, plus it has saved me a lot of money as I can afford to eat that one meal with really high quality instead (organic meats, eggs, dairy and veggies) with lots of nutrients.

Needless to say, I started out with the 14-16 hour fasts in the beginning before I extended it to 20-24 hours. It is the more ketogenic foods (saturated animal fat and protein) that will make you feel full and satiated for long periods of time.

8. I'm late to see this, never really wandered into OT, but check out Thomas Delauer on YouTube l. Lots of good IF info. I'm doing 16:8 now since about 6 June.