1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I fancy to know why it keeps coming back...

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Slider8, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Hi guys,
    I been hooked to it since i was 13 y.o.Tried to quit ,made promises,sworn multiple times through the years but it keeps coming back,even a slightest mental weakness turns into disaster-abyss of time lost,poor memory, mental fog and headaches lasting for a 3-7 days after,loss of motivation in the pursuit of your goals,loss of progress in sports and increased chances of getting injured if the intensity of exercises goes up.Its like a fishing hook(small but catchy once you took the bait) ,many times its starting with touching and exposure to your own eyes,say in the toilet and tiny bit by bit you wake up in a full blown relapse with all the consequences and the longer you do it the more consequences you accumulate...
    What do you think of the best way to stay on the straight and narow?

Breakthrough23 likes this.
  2. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

Is it an accurate statement if I said that all desire comes from the act of thoughts and thinking? Of course, the desire I’m talking about in this case is sexual desire. From my experience and struggles with nofap, the best advice I can give is: learn to live in the present moment, and learn to control the act of thinking; and therefore, that will help control how often thoughts arise and your ability to lesson their frequency. AKA: less sexual thoughts. Notice how I said less sexual thoughts, because you can never make them go away completely. You can only lesson how often they arise. One can’t make sexual desire go away completely anymore than someone can stop themselves from feeling hungry. So like a diet of the mind, learn portion control when it comes to your thoughts and thinking.

And above all: if you think nofap is hard, just be thankful you are not addicted to heroin or meth. I here those ones are tough to quit as well.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Thank you.I appreciate your advice however I tend to think that you have a choice of which thoughts you are giving your attention to,to the extent of your available attention and of course the thoughts that you entertained for a long time are much easier to focus upon then new or rare ones...

4. Hey Slider8. Welcome to NoFap. I suggest taking it slow. Try to aim for a few days of no PMO, then try to ramp it up after that. Beware of the chaser effect after relapse, and do the best you can in fighting the urge and continuing your next streak. If you could add some meditation or exercise, that should help. Lastly, I learned that it's important not to go to bed hungry, it makes it more difficult to resist temptations. Good luck to you brother. Should you need someone to talk to feel free to reach out to me. All the best

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  5. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Hey Breakthrough23.Thanks for your support! I'm really not sure if aiming is any good be it either for a day or for the year...i started to think that genuine prayer can help and as for meditation it in a " going to" mode for me,but I think it might be just a necessary thing to get through and as for food and diet I think they are directly related to sexual desires.I mean not only what you eat and drink but the amount of food as well...
    All the best brother and thanks again.

Breakthrough23 likes this.
  6. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

7. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Thanks!

One Eyed Owl likes this.