1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm not alone, but loneliness has taken a lot from me

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by vulkyn, Jun 30, 2020.

1. vulkyn

vulkyn New Fapstronaut

As the title implies, i'm actually.. a very sociable person. I like to be the center of attention sometimes, i'm an extrovert after finding out i'm not an introvert.

But, as life would teach me. Loneliness is an indicator something has gone awry. It's something i've put on snooze many times in my life, something i've always ignored. If I can escape loneliness by supplementing it, i'm fine. Or so I thought..
    At this point in my life, i'm now seeing the problems manifest themselves after many many years of diversion. I know I have to put in the work, but the damage has been done.

I need constant affirmation, approval from others, I tend to not like things because it might not be socially accepted among my peers. My gut feeling now tells me to avoid loneliness at all costs. Driving me frantic at times to try and maintain the relationships i still have. I sit up every night and think I must be weaker than others. I must be less of value.. then the intrusive thoughts grip me.

I start to see the worst in everyone, even people I love dearly. Everyone is against me, nobody is with me. Although I know it's not true. But now i'm slowing down, for myself. By myself. This isn't for anyone else, but me. I wanted to start my journey by talking about it, with others who might be the same. All the best to you and thank you for taking the time to read. <3

2. whiteflag70

whiteflag70 Fapstronaut

hey man,

sorry to hear that you are going thru a rough time. toughing it out is not always the best solution so it's good that you can open up your vulnerability and talk about it and not let your ego stop you. this is a forum with a good community, mostly. must be hard that you are now fighting your own mind on a constant basis with all the negative-put downs. After awhile you may even think it is true as it plays on a repeat loop like a bad record. seems like you have self-esteem issues that is causing you to disconnect with people around you.

you mentioned "i'm now seeing the problems manifest themselves after many many years of diversion. I know I have to put in the work, but the damage has been done". how is the progress, is the problem pmo ? do you want to share more?

3. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

i am feeling the same.

4. Struggle Bug

Struggle Bug Fapstronaut

Very much how I've been feeling lately.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You are not alone

5. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

Do you think it is boredom in life and not knowing what to do in life?

6. BreakingBenjamin

BreakingBenjamin Fapstronaut

Hey man, your thoughts about loneliness are emerging after long years of pmo numbness. I also experience these feelings, it is important to be aware of the importance of socializing because when we worry about something, we seek solutions to the problem, and then our living quality increases. Keep avoiding PMO and work on your confidence, everything will be fine !

7. Struggle Bug

Struggle Bug Fapstronaut

My constant search for approval and attention has always been there since I was growing up. I think it's because I never got that much from my parents, nor do I have many friends.