1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Offtopic: Sexuality and my belief/opinion

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Pureheart, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Pureheart

Pureheart Fapstronaut

Well guys, I am one of the people who firmly believe in reincarnation (meaning past lifes and future lifes) and also karma.

Well I have read lots about the topic and one thing I wanted to know.

In many spiritual people, there is the belief that the soul is neither male nor female. We have both energies in us, perhaps one is stronger than the other. See it like this - even a man produces small amounts of estrogen.

Now what I wanted to know is - when we are reborn, are we reborn as animals, humans or perhaps rocks or the the like .

Well, it is - once human always human until you stop being reincarnated.
    I have to say the christian opinion of one life and then you go to heaven never has sit well with me.
    Because one life is too short for me and also after one life I am not nearly "good" enough to go to heaven.

But back to the topic off my offtopic.

I investigated and found out that after some lifes it can or perhaps will happen the the soul chooses the opposite human gender for rebirth.

When this happens there may be some difficulty, as if a soul who has been male all the time and then gets a female body may have a female mind and body but still feel "male" or perhaps also have male thoughts.
    One of to options is that such a woman is either a man on the inside, or lesbian, still attracted to girls like in past lives.

The same for a woman who has been reborn as man after some time. This now guy, may also be either gay or transgender.

The most time people will change their gender without ever knowing. But if the roots are deep there may be, as said, problems.

Now this is not something that I have read out of children´s fantasy-books.

It is widely recognized and believed that there is karma and reincarnation, even Christianity believed in it at first and there is strong evidence that the bible has been temperd with in this aspect.

While I am not a fanatic and go hardcore on my religion and spirituality, I still firmly believe such a thing because the have been proven scientifically. There are two year old children speaking of past lives, no two year old can think up such things and then also say things it could never know, but are true like past name, living place or reason for death.

What do you guys think about such things?

I do not mean to offend Christians or Muslims under us and I respect Jesus, God and Allah.
    But I am just no friend of any church. Churches earn money, churches earn money. Churches stake and burn people alive. Churches attempt to replace god. The pope isn´t perfect and without mistake.

But I respect people and people´s beliefs and Gods. Except of Satanism and the likes.

Again, could you think of such a thing as possible?

2. tomtom

tomtom Fapstronaut

I find reincarnation highly unlikely as I don't believe there is a soul that is separate from our body. I believe that when I die my brain stops working and what used to be my consciousness disappears.

Phibz likes this.
  3. Limeaid

Limeaid Guest

I believe very much in what you are talking about. I was raised a Catholic so I know the Bible and Jesus and I think Jesus was simply a human reincarnated already possessing the knowledge you speak of. For example I do not see a difference between Eckart Tolle and Jesus, except society wasn't built around Eckhart's teachings..eventhough they say the exact same thing and Buddha, Wayne Dyer, Byron Katie etc. They are all saying the same thing but differently. The Bible being one interpretation of those teachings.

What I have read and believe to be true is that we are a race of 'beings' that have chosen to come to earth for a 3 dimensional experience of contrast. Earth provides that contrast for us. Before we come we have a 'lesson' that we want to learn so we get born into a family that suits us for that lesson, you marry based on it and every single experience provides the contrast for that lesson. If you do not learn it you die and come back to get another chance. When you are born you forget why you came here so you can fully learn the lesson on your own. The lesson basically is that Love is the key to all things. The contrast being fear. So you come to earth and experience lots of fear and it's variations (anger, jealousy, addiction, sadness, lonliness) so that you can desire the opposite which is love.

I realize this all makes me sound crazy and I am ok with that :D

Pureheart likes this.
  4. Pureheart

Pureheart Fapstronaut

Of course I also believe that the counsciousness ceases to exist, but I believe that the core of your being gets reborn into another life.

How would you explain the Deja Vu or two year old children who talk about past lifes and the like?

5. Limeaid

Limeaid Guest

I don't believe consciousness ceases to exist. I think human consciousness exists forever in the Akashic records. Tesla credits it for his coming up with his inventions.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_records

6. Pureheart

Pureheart Fapstronaut

That question was meant for tomtom ;)

Well I have also heard that, and I think it is easily possible.

7. Mr.100marks

Mr.100marks Fapstronaut

you have very interesting and good ideas. I am a muslim, I respect you and your beliefs as you do . We believe our god, Allah , is mercyful . Even if you are a big sinner he can forgive you (if you quit) and maybe your one action, behaviour can make you go to heaven. But that does not mean you can sin, unfortunately we do but never be hopeless. You think one life is short for you but this is the part of your test to go heaven or hell. You cannot know you deserve heaven or hell.Everybody thinks life is short.In your belief , when you have a second life , you 'll say " two life is too short " . And about scientific proofs , if you read the holy Qur'an , you'll see there is 1000 sentences about science .And we discovered the things which is told in Quran , 50-100 years ago but Qur'an was sent us 1300-1400 years ago. Also Quran has sentences called ayah, about sexuality. About looking at provacative things like naked woman which is forbidden , and our prophet said its harms and science has found it recently.Please do not understand me wrong.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    Pureheart likes this.
  8. Kenji

Kenji Guest

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Stevenson

Interesting to read about that Doctor's studies on reincarnation if you do not believe in it.

Of course I believe in it being Buddhist.

'I do not mean to offend Christians or Muslims under us and I respect Jesus, God and Allah.
    But I am just no friend of any church. Churches earn money, churches earn money. Churches stake and burn people alive. Churches attempt to replace god. The pope isn´t perfect and without mistake.

But I respect people and people´s beliefs and Gods. Except of Satanism and the likes'

Perhaps you speak of select Churches, you cannot say that for all Churches.

Also do you understand what Satanism and Luciferianism really are? They do not necessarily practice evil. Nor are they 'devil worshippers'. May want to watch your words lest they offend someone's spiritual beliefs. I mean you basically declared you do not respect 'Satanism and the like', just curious as to why exactly?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015
  9. Pureheart

Pureheart Fapstronaut

I wanted to give people a possible reason why they might be gay or transgender, if they are spiritual or believe in reincarnation.
    I don´t know all that much about Luciferians and the Church of Satan.
    Luciferians, in essence want to be their own gods and replace god as a being, in the same way Lucifer tried to take God´s throne, is what I think. They want ultimate freedom from Destiny and Fate.
    These people are not necissarily "evil" per definition but I do not accept them as they use names and words that convey the spirit of evil.

@Mr.100marks I think a truly beautiful soul is one that does good deeds out of free will instead of fear of god and of hell. I do not necessarily follow any being, but a god, as also Allah who stands for Love,Justice,Truth and many other virtuous things - I gladly bow my head in respect before him.
    Now, you may think I am a sinner because I do not follow Allah as Muslims do, but I hope that, someday our kin can be good neighbours.

10. Limeaid

Limeaid Guest

Haha! Yes I know, I answered anyway :)

Pureheart likes this.
  11. Kenji

Kenji Guest

Luciferians want enlightenment my friend.

I respect your beliefs, just as I respect everyone's beliefs regardless of what they are. For we are all one in the ultimate sense, I believe everything springs forth from the same source, both those you love and those you shun.

[​IMG]

Pureheart likes this.
  12. Phibz

Phibz Fapstronaut

Why is it just so hard for people to say, "I don't know"? Maybe they'll explode or something.

Pureheart likes this.
  13. tomtom

tomtom Fapstronaut

I guess I haven't had the kind of Deja Vu's that would even hint at a previous life. Mine are quite easily explained otherwise.

As for two-year-olds talking about their past lives: I haven't heard stories like that and making sure that isn't the parents planting the ideas in the kid's heads can be a bit difficult.

If a supernatural being isn't part of tour life then you don't that easily go look for supernatural explanations.

14. Gilbert

Gilbert Fapstronaut

Just to defend the church - yes they get a lot of money but they also provide for the most charity work and selflessness. I remember reading also somewhere how people of any faith give over 3 tines more to charity generally than stictly non-believers. And have you read anything about what the new pope has done? He's an incredible person and has already done so much good for people. Christians accept that noone can be perfect but we're saved by Jesus' sacrifice. Thats what makes my faith so amazing - that no matter what we've done we're always forgiven and loved.

Ahaha sorry for my little outburst. I don't really have a lot to say about reincarnation (although I've always fancied the idea truthfully), just thought I'd say my bit of Christianity haha.

Pureheart likes this.
  15. Mr.100marks

Mr.100marks Fapstronaut

I do not mean to offend any christian, or anybody who has another beliefs. I respect everybody.But I want to ask a question. In Christianity , if you sin you can shrift. You are cleaned when you give money to church. Isn't it so easy ? If you are rich you can sin and sin and sin. But after you shrift you are clean. I think this is quite injustice because poor people cannot shrift.Just waiting your thoughts about this. Thanks..(By the way I am a muslim )

16. Pureheart

Pureheart Fapstronaut

@Mr.100marks It was this way in earlier centuries. Of course you can still donate things to the church, but if you want your sins to be forgiven you have to confess to a pastor. It doesn´t cost money or anything, even poor people can do and have it.
    But I do not believe such a thing. I believe if you ask god earnestly from your heart for forgivness and stop doing a certain sin you confess, you will be forgiven.

Gilbert likes this.
  17. Mr.100marks

Mr.100marks Fapstronaut

you are right , if you ask god earnestly from your heart for forgivness and stop doing a certain sin you confess, you will be forgiven. The same in my religion.

Pureheart likes this.
  18. Phibz

Phibz Fapstronaut

Gilbert, are you really that shallow? You base your knowledge on everything you read? I'm calling bullshit on this one. I know atheists that are very charitable. I know a secular group that currently builds wheelchair ramps for those who can't afford it. Keep giving Kenneth Copeland your money so he can buy another $17 million jet. Your self-righteousness is blocking your way to salvation.