1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Thursday check in. Stay strong people!

Jerky, Merry Terry, discovery and 2 others like this.
  2. Rebooter13

Rebooter13 Fapstronaut

This is not a relapse, i feel by reseting your counter you are punishing yourself.In this occasion you did something good and it wasn't in seek of pleasure.
    Good luck to you and your wife!

Jerky, GottaBFree, discovery and 2 others like this.
  3. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

Commas are so underrated :)

4. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

You might be totally right! The further I get into NoFap, the more I realise it's really just scratching the surface of layers and layers of wrong thinking on my part. Well, anyway, the more power to us for even attempting anything like this! And thank you for sharing the story about you and your husband, it helps to know people have similar stories.

Jerky, GottaBFree and JJ_Kino like this.
  5. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

Whoa, man, that's some heavy things you are going through. I really feel for you. Don't feel bad for struggling, because everybody would struggle in your situation. Relationships and sex are so much more complicated than how we're taught to think about them, and this whole state of the world is an unprecedented level of uncertainty for everybody. This is also going to have be a time of transformation for everybody who wants to make it out of it sane. You're very brave for trying. Don't be too hard on yourself. You're not alone.

6. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Thanks. And thanks to @discovery. I saw that post but still wasn’t in a good place yet.

the thing is, that’s my deepest darkest fears that were eating at me and I’d push away rather than think about.

I feel much better and here is the thing, I don’t think my fears were an accurate picture of reality.

Facing what I didn’t want to articulate to myself allowed me to think about it and realize it isn’t nearly as bad as bad as my darkest fears wanted to make it.

I’ve been feeling totally unmotivated and those fears were actually a huge part of it. With a day of perspective, they are not real.

I normally say nothing about my sex life and I’ll go back to that, but my wife saw I wasn’t myself yesterday and we had a great night.

I feel motivated to grow and get PM out of my life again.

7. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

Today is day 8. I've officially completed 1 week. I feel a little more stable now, like i've actually accomplished something.

My weeks now Begin on Friday.

8. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Made it just shy of 14 days but urges got the better of me.

/Reset

9. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Checking in... messed up a little bit last night. This pandemic stress is still very much there in my region. Despite few relapses I'm much better than the beginning of this year.

10. David2018

David2018 Fapstronaut

It's that time again....reboot time.. I made it 10 days. Would have been 16 today if I didn't fall down the last few days. One quick time turns into 2, turns into 5 hours at a time.
    I'm still glad I made it 10 days though. Was a good 10 days.
    I have stress from work and things on my mind that I have to do. I brought them on myself. I volunteered for them and it's causing me to fail. I'm going to try to get these things done and then have less stress and problems. No more taking on extra work.

11. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

10 days today. I've stopped taking that second lustful look when i notice girls. I appreciate their beauty in the moment but i don't continue to stare.

12. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I feel like I’m out of the tailspin now.

Day 3 and I feel focused

artifact, Jerky, discovery and 2 others like this.
  13. WorldWanderer

WorldWanderer Fapstronaut

Day 5 and feel great. No signs of rising urges yet and relationship is in a good place. Now just to keep myself busy so I can break my latest personal record. Sending good vibes to all!

14. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

Checking in ! Hey guys ! What's going on? I've just fallen from the top and now i'm on 3rd place already??
    Remember we are committed to get to the top. If we want to win this we have to put all our effort and strength. Let's do it !! Don't forget why you're doing it. Put your goals in front of you and fight for them. I'm doing it for my God and my beliefs and for my family. What is moving you? What is that keeps you to move forward?

Stop saying to yourself I'll do it best the next time and start to say, "I'll do my best NOW.

15. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

I have to reset. Curiosity returned and I thought I had it under control but I went too far again.

16. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

I'm a week into this streak. I've had 13 relapses in last 90 days. (never mind the hundreds of times I tried to quit in the last 30 years) Mondays and Tuesday are the worst for me cuz of stuff that usually happens with the wife (separated) over the weekend. I avoided those triggers this weekend so hopefully I can stay strong today and tomorrow. Trying to use this site to stay connected to my sobriety and to stay honest with myself.

17. David2018

David2018 Fapstronaut

I relapsed again today. I feel like I'm over it though. Tomorrow will be better.

18. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

Today is day 11.
    Energy building up again.

I remember the pain of relapse: the
    urges, the fantasy, the giving in, the edging the f-it, and then the disaster.

The circle of doom.

And i know it will never be as good as what i imagine it will be. Last several times it was a ruined experience. Why do i keep going back for something less that fails every time?

I forget that it actually sucks and always leaves me wanting more. What am i really looking for? A seizure perhaps? Since that what really happens. The body seizes up and i can actually hear my eyes rolling back. Disgusting. Sounds like wind blowing in my ears.

No wonder i have headache afterwards. And my drive is completely gone. No motivation. Nothing to look forward to, just emptiness and wishing i didn't just give in, throwing it all away. again.

I'm so much better off living with acute cravings and letting that energy emanate out of me without forcing it. It feels so much better that way. And the energy doesn't dissipate. It keeps getting stronger.

I know that giving in never works and i that i hate the way i feel after.
    I need to remind myself daily, as my addict brain tends to forget, because it doesn't care at all.

19. Pirate3819

Pirate3819 Fapstronaut

I relapsed again. I think I've been relapsing out of boredom more than anything lately. Maybe I need to set a schedule to keep me occupied.

20. I was thinking the same thing recently and I'm as guilty as anybody of not doing my best. The group seems to go through phases. Right now the world situation is putting a strain on everybody, but I have no doubt that we will all be back on top soon and setting record streaks again.