1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Help It's so hard to do NoFap when I'm stressed.

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Sincaia, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Sincaia

Sincaia New Fapstronaut

I was on my 8th day of NoFap yesterday but I failed because of stress caused by online class. My best streak was 14 days but that was around 6 months ago.

I need help. I found that it is almost impossible for me to do NoFap when I have school, and that it is really easy for me to do NoFap during a weekend. Do you guys have any tips to help me continue my NoFap journey?

BlueBallsOG likes this.
  2. Asdor22

Asdor22 Fapstronaut

Whenever I’m stressed or feeling urges I just meditate, read books or play some music:)

Inspired_2_Rewire likes this.
  3. I've had trouble doing NoFap when I was struggling in other areas of my life. Try to focus on those areas first. Don't jeopardize your education because of NoFap, but try to do them at the same time.

tiger-uppercut! likes this.
  4. Prince6543

Prince6543 Fapstronaut

I also faced it when I felt extremely stressed out and anxious. This started to increase the urge inside me. At that time, I wasn't able to do anything else except to relapse and masturbate. So the only thing I could figure out thay helped me was to not do anything. Not doing anything is way better than relapsing. I know you can't focus on anything at that timestime just give it some time and let it settle down and then continue with what you were doing and also NoFap

Asdor22 likes this.
  5. Sincaia

Sincaia New Fapstronaut

I took your word and experimented ways to reduce my stress level or urges, and I found out that watching my favorite shows removed my urges, but I'm not sure if this is just temporary. I will try to see if this can truly consistently help me in my NoFap journey.

Asdor22 and Roady like this.
  6. . I would advise making sure you get enough sleep.

Lack of sleep can mess with your cognition, making you more stressed, and potentially leading to relapse

7. Prince6543

Prince6543 Fapstronaut

Talking someone can bring stressful too. For example when your friend is online but haven't replied to your message for 5 minutes. It is also a problem for a overthinker like me

8. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

I recommend exercise. I know personally I won't last more than a week clean if I don't get my exercise in... Nothing crazy, 30 mins 4 days a week, plus a bit of walking. Actually considering making my exercise part of my morning routine instead of afternoon, because my mood always picks up afterwards, and stress may not disappear - but it's way more manageable!

Phil 3:12-16 likes this.
  9. verbeek75

verbeek75 Fapstronaut

Excercise, really can help, reading books, listening to music, get a hobby, could be anything, (like building a model kit) whatever that keeps you distracted, do art or how about some games (maybe some co op game, playing with random people) Talking to people, you say you get stressed when your friend is online but haven't replied to your message for 5 minutes, how about actually talking to people pick up a phone, and for example go over your studies together or just talk over the phone.

Phil 3:12-16 likes this.
  10. I would offer the following suggestions:

1) Stopping one's actions without first stopping one's thoughts in that direction can never hope to succeed. It's like putting your finger over the end of the hose to stop the water instead of simply turning off the valve--eventually, the water will leak. The key is to consciously reject even the thought of doing something that you don't want to do. Don't let your mind dwell or fantasize on any sexual topic, be that the attractive person you just saw, or any thought about what or when you might like to do something you know you would later regret. If you don't let yourself even think about it, you'll have a hard time actually doing it.

2) Be aware that every time you have an unnecessary drain on the nervous system via sexual stimulation, the depletion of vital energy will cause a corresponding depression. You might feel like you cannot think about anything until you get it over with, but after you have indulged your guilty pleasure you will find that your mind is not truly operating at its best, and that you just traded one problem for another.

3) Until you've gone 3-4 weeks without succumbing to instant gratification, it will be a real challenge to keep your thoughts away from forbidden subjects. The suggestions of others here to do something that will distract you from those topics are good, especially exercise. Get out of your house and do something. Go help someone else--something that will truly make you feel self-worth, knowing you've done something good.

4) Do not linger in areas where you may find it hard to restrain your thoughts and actions. The bathroom is an obvious one, but there may be others. Keep busy. Don't let yourself be idle--find something to do. Set your mind on a worthy goal or project, and don't let anything distract you from it.

5) Once you've gotten into the habit of controlling your thoughts, the journey will get much easier. It takes at least three weeks, they say, to make or change a habit. Give it a try! When the first unwelcome thought enters your mind, reject it immediately. Don't let yourself indulge even the thought of doing something you are choosing not to do. Power of choice is powerful--you can if you will.

Hope this helps.

11. Be serious

Be serious Fapstronaut

12. Always Keep Going

Always Keep Going Fapstronaut

All motives for actions are predicated on thought. To kick this addiction means to control your thoughts. You highlighted this point with some good eloquence my friend, good on you.

13. Very true and wise...

Always Keep Going likes this.
  14. Always Keep Going

Always Keep Going Fapstronaut

Gives you a roseate sense of "I can get through this" right? A lot of wisdom truly is found in celibacy.

15. chinatown

chinatown Fapstronaut

As a basic first step, have you tried talking to a friend and actually saying " I'm feeling really stressed". Opening up can really help

16. AdilLevay

AdilLevay Fapstronaut

You are not the only one. Try every time you finish your class.do strength exercises better use heavyweights, that will produce endorphins hormone, will trigger a positive feeling in your body + do diet + no social media with sexual content. this is how i fight this issue

17. thank you very much, It really helps me as a reminder to how and why to focus in my process

18. BlueBallsOG

BlueBallsOG Fapstronaut

I have this too, it seems that when going to school/university we build up stress and that has to be relieved. There are so many ways to do this but through the years we have learned to do it through PMO addiction.