1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Asking someone out in your local gym.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Theoneking08, Jul 10, 2020.

1. ahighertruth

ahighertruth Fapstronaut

wtf, whats so bad about going to a girl and asking her how her workout is going? oh im sorry i bothered u, and showed compassion for you. lol

2. Theoneking08

Theoneking08 Fapstronaut

Nothing at all lol

3. clownworld

clownworld Fapstronaut

It's up to you. Personally I don't see anything wrong with trying to pick up a girl at a gym, how is that any different from trying to pick up a girl somewhere else.

SoaringEagle and Deleted Account like this.
  4. Nothing bad but still bothering to some.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. ahighertruth

ahighertruth Fapstronaut

agreed. but if a girl is checkin u out you might as well. everybody can be bothered in any public setting so i dont see the gym as being anything different.
    the stigma that you can't approach girls at a gym needs to die honestly.

6. We aren't on the same page :p Yes of course. If you think someone likes you then likely you are not going to bother them, unlike if you were to go up to someone who is concentrated on their own thing and don't want any strangers chatting them up.

Stigma? :O Does such thing even exist? :D Sorry if the question is dumb. Maybe it's because I don't live and have never been to the US?

7. ahighertruth

ahighertruth Fapstronaut

I've heard "dont approach girl in gym because its creepy" too much. I've talked to girls in the gym and they were very open and friendly. I haven't tried flirting with one, but if she likes me and I like her I don't see any problem there.

8. cadia guardsman

cadia guardsman Fapstronaut

I also have that ideia but i still didnt had the balls to do it....ans by signals i know i had already atracted some at the gym

9. As a girl, and as a girl trying to improve my body and very focused on losing weight, I personally would take it as disrespectful at best and annoying at worst. I'm not here to be hit on, I'm here to take some time for myself specifically, relax, and not be bothered. If I wanted men to approach me I'd rather them do it at places where it's more convenient and where I'm not drenched in sweat you know. It's not creepy per se, it's just you're not seeing me at my best and that makes me feel a bit bad. That's if that attraction's one way of course, if both parts are interested openly then why not
    You would be so much more compassionate if you didn't bothered ;) If a girl doesn't want to be asked, don't ask.

Theoneking08 likes this.
  10. cadia guardsman

Well i woudnt annoy ciri , she would cut me to peaces in seconds

But , i never did that because ....lack of confidence and shyness , but still sometimes when i am at gym it is normal to look around , while resting (because i dont take the phone) and sometimes i lock eye contact to girls normaly and some of them show to me signals their atracted i woulsnt consider that bothering them because ...well i have to look to somewhere while i am resting , and i dont so persistingly looking at them, it is just normal look around to everything , see some guys doing stupid workouts , seeing other people lifting good ....just normal look around

11. She would :D Yes that's completely normal. Nothing's wrong with that. I don't see any problem with just looking around. And no, if they show CLEAR signals of attraction or interest, it's not creepy to initiate conversation. But coming at a girl out of nowhere that you're not 100% is interested in you while she's working out is def bothering her, and that is where I draw the line. Just stating what I wouldn't like to be done to me :)

ahighertruth and cadia guardsman like this.
  12. cadia guardsman

Yeah i totally understand that, some showed clear signals and i had some really good opportunities but.....i dont have yet the guts to do that ..not that because im ugly(i know im not , im athletic) but idk need to build better social skills being more confortable and do 90 days nofap hardomode , thats my goal!

13. Theoneking08

Theoneking08 Fapstronaut

So if there is some interest shown from the girl approaching is fine.

14. ahighertruth

ahighertruth Fapstronaut

Yeah, I get that. Last thing I want to do is bother someone during their workout. I am sure even men wouldn't like that either.
    I am just referring to people who seem interested in you. But then again there's always the "Ima stare at you cause you stare at me" look and I can't tell if thats an invitation or not lol.

15. Asked a girl out in the gym and it went fine. Yeah, she had a boyfriend but what does it matter if she is at the gym? If you like a woman you should aproach her and talk to her.

Bianca and Theoneking08 like this.
  16. HolyVirgin420

HolyVirgin420 Fapstronaut

Don't shit where you eat bud

Bianca likes this.
  17. Why not? I wouldn't mind if a chick asked for my number during a workout.

Bianca likes this.
  18. Bianca

Bianca Fapstronaut

Yes why not? Of course

19. On the path

On the path Fapstronaut

Are you that guy that is always lifting up his shirt and checking out his six pack in the mirror? I love that guy. "Hold on, lemme see... Yup. Still here."

As for picking up women in the gym. I have two rules:
    First, Only approach a woman if she's checking me out.
    Second, Only if she doesn't have headphones/earbuds, etc.

Really, it's like what @HolyVirgin420 said: Don't shit where you eat.

HolyVirgin420 and Mistersofty like this.
  20. mr.incognito

mr.incognito Fapstronaut