1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Long semen retention streaks & energy

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Bantee, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Bantee

Bantee Fapstronaut

I've just recently began the practice of semen retention and am posting this thread for some clarification around long semen retention streaks (or any length really) and the need to rotate the energy in the body through meditation or other forms.

I read a lot of conflicting information where people state that you need to practice meditation or tai chi or other practices to rotate the energy in your body on long streaks, and if you don't, it can cause blockages and for you to actually feel worse during semen retention.

However, I read other posts where people state they did no meditation or other practices, just practiced semen retention for long periods of time and had no issues and experienced all benefits.

I would really like some clarification on the above from anyone who has gone on a long or still is on a long streak and how they have found it with or without meditation or other practices.

Also on a side note, I'm 2 weeks in to this practice, is there a common time where you really start to begin to feel the positives? I know it is a marathon and not a race and this will take time, however, I have just been feeling quite stuck and emotionless and tired... however, I put that down to the fact my body is probably recovering from so much excess dopamine being released, that I will feel like this for some time.

Any advice or insight to the above is greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys :)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    palindromo and Captain! like this.
  2. MusicMakingMonk

MusicMakingMonk Fapstronaut

TL:DR, no you do not need to "circulate sexual energy", this is a made-up/misinterpreted practice that is either an imagined process with no actual effect or dangerous if it moves beyond mere imagination. However, Meditation practices such as mindfulness are good for your mind, discipline and moving through urges and highly recommended not just for Nofap but for LIFE!

Hey bantee! Yes you are right, there are many practices reported online stemming from eastern wisdom traditions such as buddhism, hinduism and taoism, that talk of cultivating sexual energy and sending it to higher channels or "chakra's".
    Unfortunately, most of the esoteric knowledge that is found online is incorrect. Eastern wisdom traditions have been somewhat corrupted in the west through mistranslation, superficial understanding, misinformation, and pure laziness. Even quality information gets bogged down over time (like how you have a digital image that get's downloaded, compressed and copied too often, it becomes a low-resolution JPEG over time).

Most knowledge of chakra's alone is often vague, generalized or blatantly incorrect. The most popular exercises out there speak of very cool things that speak to the imagination, opening chakras and such. Actually opening chakra's is a very advanced practice that takes years of cultivation, using a system that stems from a tradition, under the authority of a teacher who comes from a recognized tradition, IE, you kinda have to go to a temple that's been around for a LONG time in the east to really learn anything about these things, and actually practice it. What you find online, or even in most western books is superficial and incorrect, and even if it wasn't, it takes an involved and experienced teacher to practice correctly.

Unfortunately, in spiritual and alternative circles, most people are full of shit, though a bit of mindfulness meditation, Tai-Chi or hatha yoga is never a bad thing, any practices beyond that I would simply not trust unless your teacher can show he draws his experience, practice, and knowledge from a reputable and longstanding lineage of mystic tradition.

So no, you do not need these practices, I would avoid them even. Meditation is, however, a great tool for learning to ride through urges or difficult emotions, as well as great training for your mind and has many benefits, different ones depending on what meditation you do. As medititation is a vague term, and cannot really describe what is happening as an inner experience. Mindfulness mediation is something different then breath meditatation or compassion meditation, or even something like Tummo, where heat is generated inside the body.

My source for this information is Damo Mitchell, an Englishman who has actually extensively traveled to Thailand, China and India, and has practiced with many masters of different traditions and has acquired the deepest and most practical understanding of internal arts of anyone that I have found online thus far, and I've been looking into this stuff for several years. He gives practical information on these kinds of practices, as well as disputing and debunking much of the misinformation that is present online. You can find him as Scholar Sage or Damo Mitchell online. If you're interested in this kind of stuff, start there.

It takes some time to fully recover man, certainly, hang in there it's worth it. Give yourself time to feel sometimes. You've been numbing yourself for a while too, through PMO. Reconnecting with your feelings and your body in a healthy way are something you may have to practice. I like taking baths and digging into emotions, actually putting myself through the things that make me sad or angry and really deeply feeling them, it's far too easy for me to ignore and repress everything otherwise.
    Good luck on your journey, stay strong.
    Discipline equals freedom!

DayOne44, Johnnybgud3 and palindromo like this.
  3. Bantee

Bantee Fapstronaut

Hi MusicMakingMonk,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to provide me with such an in-depth response to my query, I really appreciate it. You have provided me with great insight into this and I will definitely look to read up more on Damo Mitchell about this topic and more. I was under the belief that it would not really matter, and just the art of retaining is all you need to increase energy. So once again I do thank you for your response :)

I will definitely stick with this journey, for too long this habit has plagued me and robbed me of the life I should be living!! I will take on board what you have said also for when I start experience some negative emotions and ride out the wave!! It has been pretty easy these first two weeks, but I know there will be challenges along this road none the less.

How long have you been on this journey now and what benefits have you yourself seen along this pathway, for yourself and your life in general?

palindromo likes this.
  4. MusicMakingMonk

Hey you're welcome, always willing to help a brother out, we're in this thing together. Damo Mitchell is a great author and source of authentic eastern spiritual practice. I have his book "Daoist Neigong, a comprehensive guide". These spiritual practices have a lot of benefits such as increased wellbeing and a healthier life (if you practice correctly).

Doing semen retention will definitely give you an increase in energy, a big one actually, any additional practices are always a plus though!

I've been doing this stuff since March 2017, so a little over 3 years. Lot's of ups and downs, long streaks, short streaks, periods of massive relapses, periods where I came maybe 3 times in half a year, the key is staying persistent, I'm at the point now where I feel I have great control over it, thanks to a quite effective method. As for benefits, I just feel better on so many levels. Confidence and energy increases, focus and attention increases, because of this, you get a certain amount of self-faith, that you can achieve your wildest dreams and ambitions (although this takes detoxing from social media and drugs as well), things you previously thought you would never be able to do seem somehow do-able. You feel yourself amounting to something more then you are, your potential fully manifesting.
    I think that once you get off massive consumption of PMO, you have some catching up to do until you get back to a natural baseline, once you're there, one or two orgasms a month won't make a huge difference in energy levels, at that point, having sex, or even masturbating in a conscious way and with long enough gaps in between sessions is not a big deal, and can even be emotionally healthy depending on the context. THAT SAID, don't assume you are at that point, it can be dangerous and lead to a downward spiral, make sure you have your life adequately in order and that you've been through a long reboot too.
    Once you're there, any more semen retention is a matter of ambition. On longer streaks and when there is long term abstinence from all forms of sex, or, ejaculation, it just charges you up, it's a mysterious force and I think the only way to sustain it is have a plan for your future that is so wildly ambitious that it's worth sacrificing A LOT of things for, it means going ultra hard and having extreme discipline, and long term semen retention, or really, the attitude that procreation is completely secondary to your lifepath and that any kind sexual relationship with another or yourself is a distraction to whatever you esteem as your fullest potential, will be the only thing that get's you there, next to the fact that yes, you will actually feel really good and it will nourish your physically, mentally and spiritually.

If you're content with a decent paying job, a nice house and a nice wife and all of that, I wouldn't go on the path of extreme semen retention if it doesn't make you happy. I would suggest doing a good amount of soul searching and reflecting on this in order to see if it's your path or not, because it doesn't have to be and I wouldn't force it on anyone, it will not make you a better person, just different.
    That said, being an addicted lover is never a good thing, being a slave to it is never a good thing and that must be broken first before making any considerations of total abstinence or being okay with occasional sex.

DayOne44 likes this.
  5. Bantee

Bantee Fapstronaut

Awesome, I will definitely have to check some of his stuff out then, thanks heaps for that!

Persistence is definitely key with this, I will stick with it and take it day by day, not getting to far ahead of myself, just focussing on the moment every day and dealing with any urges or anything that arises at that present point. I have quit alcohol for quite a while now, been focussing on trying to clean up my diet and only have fish, lean meats, veggies, fruits nuts and no processed foods and sugar (this is harder then Semen retention at the moment haha the sugar cravings are bad!!! although semen retention could be amplifying this even more as my brain is searching for dopamine).

I think you are right with the catching up. I was severely addicted to PMO for quite some time and I definitely can tell now that I have retained the damage that has been done for sure. These first 2 weeks I have just felt really lethargic and lack of energy, brain fog as in unable to think clearly and speak fluently, my mood has been consistently crap for these 2 weeks and I can't seem to shake it even with some self talk and trying to get myself out of it... I guess I just have to ride the wave for now and keep pushing through and things will slowly get better! :) Did you ever experience these affects in your first few weeks or so when you began?

That is definitely what I want to do, make procreation secondary to my life! I want to achieve great things for myself, I want to be hitting the gym harder and work on my physique and fitness and I've just taken up a second job in the hopes of learning more skills and pushing myself more to better and develop better skills for the future so I can be successful and wealthy and be proud fo myself and where I have come. At the moment these things are hard due to what I listed above, but I'm hoping with retention, when I eventually feel the energy build up I want to transmute this into those areas and use that energy for the good of myself. This is my long term goal so I am committed to sticking out semen retention for the foreseeable future. At this point in time, no plans to settle down or meet a woman at all.

But I will definitely take on board all of your awesome advice that you have provided here and see how I go with it and can definitely make adjustments along the way if I feel that it is necessary :)

6. MusicMakingMonk

Sounds good mate to me mate.
    The first period can definitely feel like a slog depending on how bad you were into it and lifestyle factors.
    Anyways, glad I could help out, don't be afraid of sending a PM if you need any more help or just want to have a good chat about this kind of life!
    Always open to commune with fellow travelers