1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fourteen Steps Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by The Great Safecracker, Dec 15, 2019.

1. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

Step 8 complete.
    Starting to approach the BIG steps gradually.
    Peace. Stay calm boiis. Keep onward.

2. That's impressive. Very well done so far. You're going to be a legend!

thinking_differently likes this.
  3. 5/13

The burden of a thousand kilograms can be taken off our shoulders.

4. 7/13

So happy about going in the right direction.

5. healmyself321

healmyself321 Fapstronaut

Step 2 day 2,
    Was out for a lil bit,but keep coming back..this time with more extreme preventions and focusing more on improving myself than before,hope you guys are doing well and keep pushing!

6. healmyself321

Step 3 day 1 just completed
    When you are hanging out with friends or girls its just too obvious man..there is no place for po*nography in your life,you can feel how bad and pointless it is.There is no urge for pmo when you are having fun with other people!

7. thinking_differently

Shit man.
    I MOed to a scene from a movie.
    Shitttttt.
    I need to set new ground rules now. Avoid any triggering content.
    I’m so panicked right now. My life is a waste. I’ll never become a Physicist if I keep doing this shit.
    Starting Step 9 again.

healmyself321 likes this.
  8. healmyself321

Step 3 day 2
    Keep it up man,all of us relapse sometimes but the key is to keep going immediately after you relapse and go further than you did last time,learning from your mistakes so you can avoid them in the future.Imagine yourself the way you wanna be in future and feel that way,start living like you already are that guy!

9. You were certainly doing good job, and I'm sure you get going again. Think about the following days like this: You've got a great chance to make it a lot easier again by completing just a few days.

10. healmyself321

Just completed step 3,got a bit tempted today but than realized that I dont want and need this sh*t,its kinda pity that girls like me but I cant do much with them so I kinda avoid em and just try to be cool,my life would be so fking good if I knew what I was doing with po*nography and I would hit so many girls,I just cant believe how stupid I am when I think about it.Man not just girls,same sh*t with my friends,I was like alpha and now I am some fake alpha,trying to be the same guy but I cant really be while PMOing every few days,this sh*t needs to stop somehow and I will turn over this situation in my adventage and get out of it stronger than ever!

11. Reset after sex on day 4/6. Better than PMO at least.

12. 11/13

In the beginning of this streak, I said I had raised stakes. It referred to a contract that I had done with myself. I don't want to go into its details, but relapsing would immediately have such implications to my life that I absolutely don't want to happen. I sign the contract every morning, and so far it has beautifully kept me on the right path whenever there has been the slightest temptation.

I can recommend this approach to others as well. Make a contract, and accept it by signing every day.

13. thinking_differently

Yeah the immediate consequences it has are horrible.
    Physically, complete depression.
    Inability to think and grab that one thought which Solves a problem.
    I feel Restricted!

14. I've seen this here already. One guy promised to sent money to a fundraiser he doesn't like. Another wrote he'll commit suicide if he relapses. That's probably too extreme I'd say.

15. Gurdev Thakur

Gurdev Thakur Fapstronaut

i want to join this challenge ;; checking in from tomorrow ;; i have some queries about this ;; is this a continuous challenge as what if we failed after a step then we have to start from beginning or just from that step???

16. Yes, for sure one must remember the consequences of acting out. However, I meant that breaking my contract has consequences that I don't want to happen. Both are important.
    Rather extreme. Making sure a potential relapse is the last ever, but what does it matter anymore then? This madness can make people desperate. One would hope the person cannot take seriously what he claims. On the other hand, that would be necessary to make a contract meaningful. I would say mine is about a self-posed restriction covering the rest of the year, not an immediate punishment.

17. You are most welcome to join. The idea is that the steps you complete, remain completed, so in case of a reset you start the ongoing step again. In other words, finishing a step makes a checkpoint.

18. 12/13

Tomorrow this step will be left behind for good.