1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tried to get laid, failed and feel more lonely now

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by anaturalsatori, Jul 21, 2020.

1. anaturalsatori

anaturalsatori Fapstronaut

So I'm doing pretty well, my streak is longer than ever before. My friends all think I'm crazy for lasting this long, but I'm proud of my progress. Though I've been super lonely and horny, and just want some sex.

I randomly put an ad on a reddit personals, and actually got a hit. We text for a few days, even successfully turned the topics naughty. Eventually made plans, but when we met (we've both recently tested negative for covid), I had no mojo. I'm coming off a long term relationship, and think it played a major factor, as my attraction skills are super rusty. Ultimately, it was a fun time, but I feel like a failure. She was cute, and I definitely wanted to have sex with her, but she eventually told me she wasn't feeling anything sexually with me.

Well, I guess the good news is I get to continue to feel proud of my streak, but damn, I really need some release. My balls hurt just talking about this stuff. Also I can't focus on work or much else.

2. Don't waste your time feeling like a failure. If you just go out there with low expectations and aim to have fun - so what? The release will come, probably when you are not anticipating it. In the meantime, you just hang tough. You're in charge. PMO is not.

Knighthawk and anaturalsatori like this.
  3. Am I A Guru

Am I A Guru Fapstronaut

Focus on other stuff rather than sex. If you keep chasing it, it will keep running away from you.

4. anaturalsatori

Great advice. I did had fun, and I was able to look past my mistake of being too friendly and still hang out. My time will come :)

Knighthawk and Ogikubo like this.
  5. anaturalsatori

Too true. This all actually has me feeling like maybe it was a good thing. If I had gotten some sex, it might have spun me out and caused me to veer off course to chase it even more. Thanks for the advice!

Am I A Guru likes this.
  6. Awesome, brother. Everything is a learning experience. Frankly, I'd kill to be dating again. Just kidding, of course . . .

7. Remember, it’s not the end of the world. If something you wanted didn’t happen today; it’ll happen eventually in another day. Don’t give up. Give it time.