35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Strong work on 30 days. I think the urges will definitely die down if you stop edging and fantasizing. It might take awhile though. Unfortunately I don't have any good advice other than to stop - I wish I did.

2. Thanks bro appreciate the response. Yes I think they will die down and not currently feeling strong urges to look at P

3. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

I'm trying to get up to the beautiful realms where you're at right now, that's when the fun kicks in, I remember after 18 to 21 days the urges kind of got watered down for a while, until around 28 to 35 days where I would get insane urges but the trade off was amazing.

Sorry going off on a rant, things that helped me take myself out of situation during the (Storms) were going for a walk/bicycle ride, Gym, cold showers anything just to take your mind off of it.. my personal favourite were walking with podcast on or PC gaming.

Try it, let us know how you get on.

Edging sucks but it does happen, I'd eat a big carb meal and sit there watching YouTube and when a hot chic comes on I'd get an instantly hard, you touch to try and make it stop then you find yourself enjoying a little stroke, it can be super dangerous flirting with edging so try and tell yourself NO! And go for a walk/cold shower or do something to lower that sexual brain chemistry we now know to be a dopamine high.

I hope that made some sort of sense, I have just woken up.

Cheers

discovery, artifact and GottaBFree like this.
  4. John Call

John Call Fapstronaut

Two things:
    1. Never touch your penis sexually, no touching no urging (and also don't consciously sleep on your face to indirectly touch your penis)
    2. Patience is the key, who's more patient he will win, our PMO monkey is still on our backs very very patiently waiting for our weak moment, so be patient on your urges and they will pass

tonyk1982, magvor, discovery and 5 others like this.
  5. Thanks very useful much appreciated!!

6. Makes perfect sense and really helpful thanks! Edging does feel super dangerous and I know I have to distract myself and keep moving forward

magvor, discovery, artifact and 2 others like this.
  7. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

2 weeks today...

More of the same for me.

I remind myself I am motivated to quit PM forever and there are no quick resets for me.

8. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

I just failed, maybe I should learn to take my own advice. Sad face.

9. John Call

John Call Fapstronaut

We are on the same streak (14 Days) let's keep going together as i intend not to relapse or reset this time, stay strong.

JJ_Kino, magvor, discovery and 2 others like this.
  10. Rebooter13

Rebooter13 Fapstronaut

Thank's Artifact , eventually i relapsed last night but yeah i was happy with my streak.Gonna try again!

11. The addiction will definitely play with your emotions when you starting a new streak.

Rebooter13, JJ_Kino, magvor and 2 others like this.
  12. I think one school of thought is that when the need for release becomes too great, your brain will allow a wet dream to occur. This is acceptable if your goal does not include O. (This is why my goal is set to PM without O... it also allows the possibility of intimacy with a real live female, should that ever occur again. :D)

13. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

It’s alright and a victory. You are getting some nice streaks going. It’s in that “luck of the draw area” where you could break out with a long streak any time.

I’m feeling set up for a nice run as well... which means I’m in the danger zone lol.

I want to stop forever but suspect I have at least few more lessons to learn to get there.

Here’s to another day towards recovery!

You’ve got this!

14. John Call

John Call Fapstronaut

Day 15
    i never thought i still have the ability to make it so far :emoji_muscle:

15. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

16. David2018

David2018 Fapstronaut

Great job. Day 30 will feel even better.

17. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I see another pitfall.

I’ve got a “script” that has tripped me up in the past and ruined good streaks.

I stay up late watching TV. Nothing bad or triggering. But I don’t go to bed either. Finally I get so tired. Work is like an hour so I fap and go to bed to “get it over with.”

During all the counter resets I’d see something like that and just PM now and get a decent enough sleep in. But it was still killing me and taking what I want to be away.

I’m sick of PM. I’m committing to be willing to sacrifice staying awake to run from reality for another minute.

I’m going to bed by 1am unless it’s an emergency for the rest of forever. Boom done. Good night. It’s that easy to change and it’s worth it.

Now day 15 ends the right way.

discovery, Rebooter13 and magvor like this.
  18. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

Staying up late at night has been an issue for me too. It's just not healthy in general and getting sufficient sleep and going to bed at a decent and regular time is part of having a discipline lifestyle that supports staying sober.

GottaBFree and discovery like this.
  19. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

You've got our support. Stay strong.

GottaBFree and John Call like this.
  20. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

What does joining the group offer?