1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Wifey Requisite List (WRL)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by BreakfastSausage, Jul 30, 2020.

1. BreakfastSausage

BreakfastSausage New Fapstronaut

Hi so I'm 17 years old and on going on Day 3 of NoFap. I developed a Wifey Requisite List (WRL), and I was wondering if you guys could give me some feedback and possibly share your own WRLs. All of the qualities I include in my list, I would expect of myself. Here is the list:

• Be decently attractive
    • Maintain a healthy lifestyle
    • Attracted to me and loyal
    • Tries to take an interest in my passions and participate
    • Likes to plan
    • Makes me better
    • Intelligent
    • Recognizes she can be wrong
    • Conservative

I'm sure there are other qualities that I should add, but these came to mind first, and I don't want it to become too bloated. That being said, I am interested in seeing your your requisites so I can know if there is anything that I should add.

I think every guy should have their own WRL if they don't already. That way they don't waste their time with girls who they may really like, but will eventually turn out to be a waste of time.

Thank you guys for the feedback!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  2. -Desperate enough to marry me

3. BreakfastSausage

BreakfastSausage New Fapstronaut

Dang bro I know what you mean. I "dated" some girls in high school, and it always seemed like I was way more interested in them than they were in me. And I wasn't even that interested in them haha

thinking_differently likes this.
  4. Boo. Drop the act bro, we saw your pics and know you're hot. No homo obviously.

fg4795 likes this.
  5. Well, thanks ;).
    Still, on November I will be 25, and I am still virgin.
    And I am not lying in anything, I am virgin and I am the man you saw in the photo ;).

I wanted to not be too "sensitive", so I used the irony.
    But in the end, the man/woman of your life is not the one that loves you for your strenght(like my aspect).
    He/she is the one that loves you despite your weakness(like that I've been a failure until 24).

6. There are amazing women out there who would see this as a +.

7. I don't have any. Mostly because I lack bargaining power, being 5'7".

fg4795 likes this.
  8. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

Lol! When I was dating you were my “ ideal” height. I’m short, so I just wasn’t attracted to tall guys. I dated 3 different guys all under 5’6

fg4795 and FellatiousD like this.
  9. Come on send the pics ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

10. Ba-dum, tss!

I think you should write a serious list to start getting your confidence up, Pigeon.

I'm going to do it too, off the cuff, to put my money where my mouth is:

- Decent-looking. I'm not interested in dating a knock-out for the sake of looks, but she shouldn't look like she's been hit in the face by anything blunt and heavy.
    - Verbal, rather than visual.
    - Sporty.
    - Not needy, but not so independent that I feel un-needed.
    - Reasonably laid-back.

I had no idea these were things I'm looking for in a woman, which means I wasn't looking for them till I just wrote them down. Good idea for a thread, Breakfast. Fg - your turn!

fg4795 likes this.
  11. These are my requirements!
    _Is alive
    _Is a woman
    _Is short
    _Has a brain a heart 2 lungs and 1 liver

idonthaveaname and Johnthesavage like this.
  12. I remember my mom telling me a story about her making a secret list of ideal qualities shortly before she met my father. I'm not sure most of the things she put down ultimately mattered because I don't know how many boxes my dad ended up checking for her.

Humorously, all I remember specifically from the conversation was that she put down "short or long hair", having no preference either way, and my dad at the time had a mullet. She thought that was the world having a laugh.

Only thing that matters to me is that she share the faith and that we love each other. I get the feeling everything else is rightfully inconsequential. I could make perhaps a more detailed list, if only of qualities that are a no go, but this is something you play more by heart than head and feeling as opposed to thought. Not something that can easily be quantified in a list or ought to be.

AscendingBorborite likes this.
  13. Thank you lol, thats sweet. Incidentally, I dated a girl who was 6'0. It's funny how life works out.

thinking_differently and fg4795 like this.
  14. My vegan friend, I am a bit over 6'4''.
    And I won't repeat myself about how this didn't helped me ;)

Because this is true
    In Italy we say that "it is not beautiful what is beautiful, but it is beautiful what you like"

15. That's cool my friend.
    -at least more than 160 cm(5'3''), but the ideal is around 170 cm(5'7'')
    -love sports
    -no smoker(one of the most important, I hate only the smell of cigarettes)
    -younger or the same age
    -sweet voice

16. I want my wife to be beautiful physically and mentally. Thats all I want. And I would love to play video games with her. I would also really love if she doesnt use the phone too often.

17. The man in my propic

18. [​IMG]

Deleted Account likes this.
  19. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

Wants and lists are great, however, a long lasting relationship/marriage will change drastically throughout the years. What you want at 17 is different than 20, or 30 or 50. I married a 6 ft tall, thin boy. Not my physical “ ideal” in any way. What I love the most about him? His sense of humor. 33 years together, we have both changed a lot. He married a cute, short, happy, confident extrovert. I’m now cute, but lots of laugh lines, short and a little chunkier and curvier ( I was so thin when we married). I’m a hermit, this is a direct result of his addiction, I isolate and do not want to be around people. I’m confident, but not the way I was, again direct result of his addiction and betrayal trauma. He is way more confident, outgoing, he was the introvert when we married and now an extrovert. He wanted to live in a big city, I wanted the country. He wanted kids, I never wanted kids. We live in the country and have 3 kids:). I’d say the one thing you all left off your list- if you can’t tell her about your addiction, about your struggles, if you can’t deeply trust her, then don’t pursue a relationship, because it will be far more difficult for both of you and chances are, you won’t make it.

20. Oh, wifey! Good topic!

First things first:
    1. Cuteness (like Regina Spektor :p), sensitivity, empathy
    2. Idealism, spiritualism, catchy for romance. And, of course, a strong belief in the meaning of each person's life, the ability to see love, joy in detail. Optimism.
    3. Aesthetics, unrefined but very delicate, subtle, attentive taste (not so much about fashion, but more about life, household)
    4. Rationality: more precisely, interdependence, ability to take into account the other, making compromises, but such qualities include also empathy.
    5. Erudition (at least about art). The desire for knowledge (but not insanely too much)
    6. Moderate, balanced political views. Not so much conservative, but also non-feminist, not holding the super-theory of liberalism, etc.
    7. Creativity, with artistic inclinations.
    8. Mostly I don’t care about looks, but I would like her to be fragile like Melanie Hamilton so I would be able to defend and protect her. ;)
    9. Quite an indicator of commendable personality traits would be not being addicted to social media and so on. Also, loving nature, historical sites, as a true romantic who feels the importance of things with the heart. A dreamer. The person who wants to explore the world.

Thank you for the topic. I liked to dream about that. :)

Deleted Account likes this.