1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem w/ Girls @ the Gym (trigger warning)

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by questtocure, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Maybe it's your addict side that's leading you to make this conclusion. Most times I have personally witnessed it, there has always been an insecure guy who comments how a woman is being a **** wearing this and that while doing garbage workouts themselves and such men don't stick around for long period either. While I am busy doing my own workouts and never give it two thoughts after the moment is over.
    Noted. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2020
  2. Such a statement is erroneous and is equivalent to saying all men are rapists. You should not be making such misogynistic statements on a public platform.

You can call me a white knight as many times as you like. It doesn't change the fact that I am a healthy male with healthy opinions and you are not healthy on the intellectual side of things. :) Keep hating people/women who are all about self development cause your dark ages attitude sure isn't progressive in any way, shape or form.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. ultrafabber

ultrafabber Fapstronaut

You wear it because... aerodynamics. Cycling, especially on a roadbike and on longer distances requires it, else the drag force is retarded.

Women don't need aerodynamics for YOGA, lol. Or for walking downtown.

Sure mr whiteknight, take what i say literally even if it is obvious that i never said that ALL women are immodest, proceed to make strawmen and attack me for "hating women" and keep telling me how smart and progressive you are.

Get_It likes this.

4. Just focus on your work out man. I remember a while back I was doing Squats at a barbell station. The gym I am with has them back to back of each other. Of course this Woman goes up to it and she is in a tight shirt and yoga pant's almost/ leggings? I found her sexy and attractive, but I manged to just stay focused on my squat's. It was rather awkward as I felt she was, basically because we had to face each other. At the time I felt stupid, felt like I was the luckiest guy there. But really Woman have it the same way towards men at the gym as well.

Few weeks ago there was these two young girls working out maybe early 20's? I felt glances at me which felt awkward. But I guess over and all it is kind of a compliment? I guess just don't be awkward and star at their bodies longer then usual, then they'll get the notice. The gym is a big trigger place especially with work out clothing and many, mannnny different kinds of people.

5. I'm amazed at all of the terrible advice on here. (one or two good ones)

Basically it's just.... Avoid normal everyday interactions in life since you can't possibly overcome this (as well as it being women's/their fault).

Rather than... Here are ways in which you can carry on in everyday situations in an acceptable/normal range of behavior and not have these situations lead you to having issues come from them (with yourself or with others).

That's insane.

6. athlean

athlean Fapstronaut

i always see this as extra motivation to woorkout harder, add more plates, be more intense.

just try and say hi, thats it! just a 'hi'. since im on nofap ive told myself and forced myelf to do this .. small steps will bring you closer to greatness.

7. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

You do realize with squats, rdl, deadlifts and many other moves YOU must stick your ass out for good form?? Or stick your chest out? As a women who wears tight gym clothes because it’s the most comfortable, I have absolutely no desire for a mans attention. I consciously place myself behind the men if I must do those moves. As to light weights, I mean I can only do 100 pounds for deadlifts/squats etc. because I’m female and shattered my knee at 23 and I’m 51, not because I’m not there to work out or lift heavy . Are there girls who dress provocatively? Yes girls who have not figured out that their worth is greater than just their looks. They have erroneously bought into , the more men that are attracted to them the more they are worth. Just as you have bought into the “ boys will be boys and have no control of their thoughts”.

8. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Thank you very much, I have no problem with that.
    Glad we agree!

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Could be. Generally I think its pretty easy to tell weather a woman is actually trying to get a workout or just teasing.
    -extra tight yoga pants (as stated above this isn't always a sure sign)
    -positioning herself in front of an attractive male
    -sticking her ass out at him provocatively, and posing in between sets
    -moving when, where he does
    -not even breathing hard
    -not much sweat
    Take all or most of these and chances are she is not actually there for a workout. Obviously I don't think all girls at the gym are bimbos but I don't think its correct to say that none of them are.

Get_It likes this.
  10. Blade-rnr

Blade-rnr Fapstronaut

Lots of misunderstandings in this thread about how women think/function, which is understandable because men are not women. Yes many women get dolled up to go to the gym. No they're not necessarily doing it to meet someone.

To preface this, I'm not a woman, but have read the research. Women, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. But this is my understanding... Female social hierarchies are influenced by how attractive they are. Haven't you ever asked yourself, why do women wear makeup? Why are beauty magazines popular? Why would you put on lipstick if not to make yourself sexually attractive? Why continue to do it if you're in a long term relationship? Because it's not about meeting someone, it's about how they perceive themselves in relation to their peers and establishing their place in the social hierarchy. There's an evolutionary component to that, their chances of finding a quality mate go up if they appear young and attractive. The higher quality mate they find, the better the chance they and their offspring will be provided for. Female hierarchies function differently than male hierarchies. Men do the same thing but typically it's about what kind of things they own. In male hierarchies, competency matters more than attractiveness. The same way you might compare yourself to your friends based on the kind of car you drive (or boat or anything else that's a status symbol), women do the same thing but it's in part based on how attractive they are. You can call it superficial, but I think that's too reductive. I call it natural. It's not a good or bad thing... It's just the way it is.

Why does any of this matter? Because you don't need to feel bad for being sexually attracted to women who are making themselves sexually attractive. You do need to take responsibility for your thoughts and actions. If you see a girl wearing a miniskirt, tell yourself, "nice legs" and move on. It's a natural response. This is called self-mastery. Learn to operate in a healthy way within the world we live, and have some compassion on yourself when you experience desire.

11. ultrafabber

ultrafabber Fapstronaut

This is hilarious, if tight clothes were most comfortable, men would wear them too. But they are NOT comfortable and you do NOT need tight clothes to work out. Regular shorts and a t shirt not only are most comfortable but are also most modest thing to wear. But why dress modestly when society tells women to compete and out-dress each other? If i was a girl i would never wear tight pants outside my own home, as they are extremely revealing, you can literally see the exact shape of the body/ass.

There is literally no need for tight clothing except very few sports that require it, like cycling, skiing etc.

Because the western society is peak degeneracy.

12. Psalm27:1my light

Ok, think what u want. Seriously, my cycling shorts are way tighter than my gym clothes and make me far more self conscious with the padding! Working out in sweats opposed to leggings is way more uncomfortable, I know because when I started I wore baggy shirts and baggy sweats, that lasted one week. That baggy shirt? Flashed everyone when doing burpees and planks and pushups. Yeah I want people looking down my shirt. The sweats, too damn hot and chaffed. Maybe u like sweats because u don’t really work out very hard.

13. ultrafabber

ultrafabber Fapstronaut

I didn't say baggy shirts or baggy pants. I said shorts and a normal t-shirt, not too baggy, not too tight. And women can wear sports bras underneath the shirt.

I work out pretty hard, and shorts and tshirt worked just fine every time.

14. Psalm27:1my light

But see, u wear shorts , omg I would never wear shorts, my fat thighs chaff and that wound b showing way to much skin for me to feel comfortable. Lol, my point is, most women wear what’s comfortable. And a t shirt? Nope, I did that and it’s way too hot. I do cross fit/hiit in a group workout and the best is a tight sports bra and then layered racer back t, but even then by the end of the workout my sports bra is gapping . Until u have big boobs and thick thighs u have no idea what’s comfortable for me and /or trying to b the most modest in a difficult situation.

Butterfly1988 likes this.
  15. Demodectic

Demodectic Fapstronaut

@Psalm27:1my light, you have no need to explain yourself or defend your choice of clothing. I think that guy you are arguing with is just a big prude basically. The reason men at the gym are not wearing yoga pants is because it is not socially acceptable in mainstream society for men to wear them and also most men dont have a nice butt so would not really look good in them.

But I put on some yoga pants (at home) and I realized they are very comfortable and allow a complete range of motion and flexibility and also they dont get as hot as cotton sweatpants would. I've been wearing karate pants when I go to a yoga class which is the closest alternative that a man is allowed to wear.

One day when I get in great shape and have a great physique I would certainly want to show it off, to show off all my hard work and get some recognition. Nothing wrong with that. For me that is the main motivation of going to the gym so that one day I will have a Beach Body and turn some heads. Maybe even get some compliments from girls. One day but I am about 50 lbs away from that status.

Update: Here is a news story of 2 grils that got kicked off an airplane for wearing leggings by some PRUDE employee of the airline. Its amazing that there is such intolerance of thinking by these kinds of people who cannot simply admire and appreciate beauty. Instead trying to control other people and/or force their repressive belief system onto others.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rred-from-united-flight-for-wearing-leggings/

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  16. Psalm27:1my light

The irony in all this is that my first week at the gym I did wear the baggy sweats and baggy t shirt. I was 70 pounds over weight and very self conscious. Lol, one week and I had switched to workout leggings and racer backs and believe me, no one wanted to see that!! But it is absolutely the most comfortable.

17. Transmute Suffering

Transmute Suffering Fapstronaut

Woman are flawed individuals like us men. They eat, shit, and piss. Their intestines are full of feces. Nothing really sexy about it tbh. And besides, the yoga pants are made to demonstrate their buts as bigger, but when they take them off, their butts are much smaller in reality.

HellDevil69 likes this.
  18. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Dude should I use tight clothes? Would women pay attention to me? I'm a stickman by the way.

19. Blade-rnr

Blade-rnr Fapstronaut

Women like a man who's confident, who knows what he wants. Dressing well goes a long way. That does NOT mean tight clothes. My advice... Take a girl shopping with you. Someone with a fashion sense. Then start working through your personality flaws and immaturities. Start dating. Go on lots of first dates, figure out what you want in a girl and how to talk to them. You will face rejection, but that's part of it. You suck it up, and try again.

20. Bianca

Bianca Fapstronaut

I must admit going out braless is something I have a weakness for...I like the slutty touch in it I guess. I do this and other things and it’s hard to change my nature. Anyone opinions most welcome. I try to find where I want tobe with this

+TenPercent and Di.Do.555 like this.