1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

WHY DO I NEED SOMEBODY TO LOVE ME!

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by domasfernandez, Aug 3, 2020.

1. domasfernandez

domasfernandez Fapstronaut

So, guys I had joined this forum to talk frankly about my sex related problems but I can see that here I can discuss about other problems I am facing in real and people here are so kind that they never judge or make their own assumptions instead they try understand you. I would always be thankful to this community for boosting my self esteem.

This story is going to be little bit long so please have patience and if possible for you all then try to understand me as well. It's about my relationship and I very well know that my partner would never like this if she comes to know that I am going to share something personal about our relationship (publicly online). But I am doing this, forgive me my dear love.

And my story begins....

I have a girlfriend. It's a long distance relationship. I know sounds weird but...in my case it works and also it doesn't. This all started few years ago and since then we are together.Well, in our early days she used to treat like a prince, gave almost everything I needed and in return I only showed her my attitude and bad behavior. I made her beg for my attention.
    This absolutely
    should have been heartbreaking for her. Days passed away and she figured out that it's not worth trying on a guy like me who's always making her wait. Then.... she changed well i won't say "changed" but transformed herself into a strong woman. And now I regret this...I wish I had given all my love to her when she needed it the most. Had read all her messages and not left on read or blocked her because she used to annoy me. I regret this almost every day. I keep thinking about her , about my old girl she used to be. I sometimes cry when I'm alone because I don't have enough guts to cry in front of her. But someday I'm sure I would burst into tears the day I would meet her for the first time.We are still together but I miss her.
    It's like "lost the moon while counting the stars" . I'm thankful to God that even all such bad things happened between us and I didn't treat her well but still she loves me and we are together but seriously I couldn't stop saying this, I miss her so much. I miss those times she used to text me hundreds of texts in single breathe...
    She was my girl then also, she's my girl and will always be mine no matter if we fight someday real bad and she decides to leave me. I won't ever be able to love somebody else as I love her. She's my first love and just one thing I regret about is...I should have treated her well and given her all my love.

And now the situation is she is facing some difficulties in her life, and now when I want to be with her she kind of avoid me because she thinks I would never understand her problems and the reason we go off conversation sometimes for 2-3 days until I text her again or remind her (you have a boyfriend) haha this is funny but hurts me a lot
    because I want her to talk to me and she says I don't support her because sometimes I get mad when she doesn't reply and say weird things to her.....I have no idea how to handle this, all I do try to be sweet with her.

2. domasfernandez

So, guys I had joined this forum to talk frankly about my sex related problems but I can see that here I can discuss about other problems I am facing in real and people here are so kind that they never judge or make their own assumptions instead they try understand you. I would always be thankful to this community for boosting my self esteem.

This story is going to be little bit long so please have patience and if possible for you all then try to understand me as well. It's about my relationship and I very well know that my partner would never like this if she comes to know that I am going to share something personal about our relationship (publicly online). But I am doing this, forgive me my dear love.

And my story begins....

I have a girlfriend. It's a long distance relationship. I know sounds weird but...in my case it works and also it doesn't. This all started few years ago and since then we are together.Well, in our early days she used to treat like a prince, gave almost everything I needed and in return I only showed her my attitude and bad behavior. I made her beg for my attention.
    This absolutely
    should have been heartbreaking for her. Days passed away and she figured out that it's not worth trying on a guy like me who's always making her wait. Then.... she changed well i won't say "changed" but transformed herself into a strong woman. And now I regret this...I wish I had given all my love to her when she needed it the most. Had read all her messages and not left on read or blocked her because she used to annoy me. I regret this almost every day. I keep thinking about her , about my old girl she used to be. I sometimes cry when I'm alone because I don't have enough guts to cry in front of her. But someday I'm sure I would burst into tears the day I would meet her for the first time.We are still together but I miss her.
    It's like "lost the moon while counting the stars" . I'm thankful to God that even all such bad things happened between us and I didn't treat her well but still she loves me and we are together but seriously I couldn't stop saying this, I miss her so much. I miss those times she used to text me hundreds of texts in single breathe...
    She was my girl then also, she's my girl and will always be mine no matter if we fight someday real bad and she decides to leave me. I won't ever be able to love somebody else as I love her. She's my first love and just one thing I regret about is...I should have treated her well and given her all my love.

And now the situation is she is facing some difficulties in her life, and now when I want to be with her she kind of avoid me because she thinks I would never understand her problems and the reason we go off conversation sometimes for 2-3 days until I text her again or remind her (you have a boyfriend) haha this is funny but hurts me a lot
    because I want her to talk to me and she says I don't support her because sometimes I get mad when she doesn't reply and say weird things to her.....I have no idea how to handle this, all I do try to be sweet with her.

3. whiteflag70

whiteflag70 Fapstronaut

yo man,

I was in your shoe once. only thing is we broke up and then she turned into a strong woman and don't need shit from me no more (not that i could do much then, i had some crap issues and was emotionally closed up). man, i regret like hell. Good news is she still with you. That means you have a chance to take corrective action. Your girl may have trust issues with opening up and being vulnerable with you due to past experience of your reactions but being together means that you have a chance to show her the (perhaps) more emotionally mature side of you.

this thread many have some relevance.
    https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?t...nicating-with-girlfriend.284763/#post-2654339

Maybe it would help to tell her that you made mistakes in the past and was not supportive but (after some self-reflecting) you do want to share life with her, the good times AND the bad, and to trust you enough this time to open up. and then dont f**k it up if she does. And lastly, i had sub conscious emo issues that cause me to a typical closed up "tough guy". I lacked empathy, couldnt speak the language of emotions and my attitude sucked (especially when she was having problems). Please be aware is there are any underlying emotions/memories that caused your bad attitude in the first place.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    domasfernandez likes this.
  4. domasfernandez

Hey man, thank you for giving it a read. Yes she's still with me but I don't have any idea what to do next, all I try is be good to her all this time and I think she doesn't want to talk but says "I love you". It's a different feeling no one would understand, I'm just sad

5. Answering the question in your title... Because we are social creatures and need love and care from others around us to feel healthy and happy.