1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Mobile addiction! Any suggetion to escape!?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Confident hopeful, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Confident hopeful

Confident hopeful Fapstronaut

Hey brother!
    I'm addicted with PM as well as mobile .
    I found that mobile & my loneliness is one of the most powerful trigger of my bad habits(pm).
    But i want to escape from this curse circle!
    I took many initiatives for this! But i'm failed!
    Please suggest me some effective way for leaving mobile addiction!

2. Suki

Suki Fapstronaut

Buy yourself an old mobile that can only be used to make calls and send text messages.

3. Buy a dumb phone. I got rid of my smart phone and I don't think I would ever get another one.

4. Hardwork11

Hardwork11 Fapstronaut

i am now in the toilet seat writing .i have mobile addiction but no PMO.

5. Confident hopeful

But my classes notice & classes served by online. That's a big problem!

vxlccm likes this.
  6. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    There's always an allure to tech. You'll be surprised what you can do when more free of it. I'm sure those things are available online. Hopefully you have access to a computer now and again, maybe at the library.

Or, another thing to try is to install restrictions on the phone, but usually people just find a way around them which eventually causes problems.

Glad you're working on this, I'm sure you'll figure something good out!

Confident hopeful and Hadrian3 like this.
  7. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

Perhaps it was better if you described what specific things you're addicted to. Anyway, If you really want to quit the addiction you'll find the way.

Maybe you can buy a feature phone and put the smart phone aside. And use your smart phone only when you have to.
    Also, At least when you go out, perhaps you can take the feature phone with yourself. So, You stay away from smart phone when you are out.

Confident hopeful likes this.
  8. Confident hopeful

Well, I'm addicted to basically social medias like facebook youtube telegram messenger & browsing various sites that most of them are P triggered!!
    But I'm confident to reverse myself!

Hadrian3 likes this.
  9. Steppingintotheunkown

Steppingintotheunkown Fapstronaut

The digital detox app on android is great

vxlccm and Confident hopeful like this.
  10. If you have a laptop that could work as well. The main thing that held me back was google maps and music, I used them all the time but quickly adapted to the new lifestyle and found other ways to get around, like actually looking for street signs and seeing where I was going. It's up to you, but you will be surprised how quickly you can adapt to not having a smart phone. It's like what we did before smart phones even came out.

Confident hopeful and vxlccm like this.
  11. You could quit using mobile data and only use WiFi.

12. Confident hopeful

That's really great!
    Thanks a lot brother for encouraging me

13. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

That’s the fastest and most efficient way.
    It’s hard to beat addiction with sheer determination, you need situational manipulation to limit yourself with such addictions.

14. MrBlue201

MrBlue201 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I might do this. Good idea

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. I seem to have lost my phone, so I guess that's one way to solve the problem..

16. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

Now that’s “Epic”. Congratulations! :D

17. i usually use whatsapp and telegram on PC, you can use a old phone that stay at home and install these two apps so you turn on it (is not required a sim card) and use a beautiful button phone only for calls and text messages. Is better if yiu send your smartphone in the trash can faster as you can.
    Excuses like friends messages are the reasomn of why they are fucking you with addiction

Confident hopeful likes this.