1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Other people’s judgement. Can anyone relate?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by zombieslayer, Aug 2, 2020.

1. zombieslayer

zombieslayer Fapstronaut

Hi reader,

I was at work earlier and I work the night shift. People during the day assume my job and my life is easy. I’m 26 and they’re mostly 21. They make comments as if the stuff I deal with at work is not as bad as what they deal with, and I find myself qualifying and stating things about my job that are difficult just to seem like I am a hard worker. I know I shouldn’t even care.

I want them to know that everyone has difficulties in life, and they’ve never SEEN me do my job so they don’t even know!! I feel like I have had a lot of challenges and it is just painful when people don’t recognize it. Am I being dramatic?

I believe I care too much about other people’s opinions. This has a lot to do with my reboot, because I believe I seek out P in order to escape from the thoughts of others’ judgements.

Anyone else deal with this? Thank you,
    -Zombie

YugenDran likes this.
  2. oryxcrstl

oryxcrstl Fapstronaut

No. You aren't being dramatic. Working a night shift does not sound easy at all.

It always sucks when you want someone to listen to your struggles, but instead they belittle your problems and try to top them with their own.

3. YugenDran

YugenDran Fapstronaut

Yes i was in same shoes as you now
    I use P to escape from the judgement and opinions about me from people good or bad i use P to escape.
    It's hard to train your brain to ignore peope opinion..so small steps at a time ! :)

zombieslayer likes this.
  4. On the path

On the path Fapstronaut

You said it already, bro. "I shouldn't even care." Fuck them and what they think. Seriously. You're stressing yourself out for no reason. Don't be that asshole telling people what to think. Because, hey, they talk shit, but they've got their problems too -- Whether they act perfect or not. Just shake you're head at them, dude -- They're 20 year old kids. Don't waste your time correcting kids because they're find out that they're wrong a few years down the line.

Yea, bro. I know this. Your head is the darkest place on planet Earth. But no one can get that poison out of there except you, though. Just try to stay relaxed and calm all the time. Why do you think women go for assholes? Because they don't care. Guys that don't care are admirable. So, just relax. Stay cool, and don't give a shit. If you stop caring, that stress will all go away. How much easier would that be on your life if you just stopped giving a shit about other people? Give it a try, man.

zombieslayer likes this.
  5. Judgemental people aren't worth bothering with, mostly. Fair enough, you might have to do some minimal interaction with them because you work with them, but I'd advise avoiding such people whenever possible.

6. Absolute views lead only to ruin.

oryxcrstl likes this.
  7. zombieslayer

zombieslayer Fapstronaut

Exactly. It feels like they’re in a competition to see who has it harder. It’s fucked up and I try my best not to get absorbed into it.

8. zombieslayer

zombieslayer Fapstronaut

Thank you. I think my next small step is let go of P and face whatever demons are in me (and by demons I mean thoughts and emotions).

9. zombieslayer

zombieslayer Fapstronaut

Thanks man. Best advice I’ve gotten in a while

On the path likes this.
  10. YugenDran

YugenDran Fapstronaut

Move slowly and wisely friend :)

zombieslayer likes this.
  11. oryxcrstl

oryxcrstl Fapstronaut

ok kenobi

12. Look into stoic philosophy. It helped me a lot with this issue of giving too many damns about other people's opinions.

13. Austin88

Austin88 Fapstronaut

Welcome to life. People are insufferable, judgemental, cruel pieces of garbage that change their values the millisecond that it doesn't suit them. I can't wait until a gigantic meteor collides with earth and ends the endless meaningless suffering in this world. No God is watching, no pixie fairies care humans are animal garbage and we won't stop killing each other for all eternity. It will always be about the most basic primal instincts. Humans are nothing but primal gorillas or batshit stupid monkeys that go off in packs and deliver mob justice and are offended by everything that moves and want to rape, pimp, fuck over everything that moves over and over again until it can't breathe anymore. Just Google all of the endless gore websites on the internet and you'll see what humanity really is. You'll find stuff like peoples heads being blown open, limbs cut off and stuck in their mouths. Guilty people walk free in the court systems. Paedophiles walking free. Everyone knows that everyone else is garbage but it's all about survival of the fittest and survival as the highest law. Life isn't rainbows and pixie dust. Just watch how people are acting because of the coronavirus, like dumb animals that only care about themselves. Life is a competition to survive among animals and nothing else. Fuck this planet I hope everyone rots from the inside out

zombieslayer likes this.
  14. zombieslayer

zombieslayer Fapstronaut

Wow, that’s a bit cynical

15. Rehab101

Rehab101 Fapstronaut

Like other said, ppl like to be little other people's problem. It is so easy to talk all high and mighty until one has to do the work and to take a toll.

zombieslayer likes this.