1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

Reset my counter again but not giving up.

discovery, magvor, John Call and 3 others like this.
  2. You have been added to the member ranking. Welcome to the group!

3. The group is currently full, but I have added you to the waiting list.

4. Great job, emanuel!

5. WorldWanderer

WorldWanderer Fapstronaut

I think I am going on day 6. has been easy enough so far, but this is the threshold where it start getting challenging. Now is when I actively seek to keep distracted and avoid the triggers and temptations.

Rebooter13, magvor, discovery and 2 others like this.
  6. John Call

John Call Fapstronaut

Day24, checking in

discovery and JJ_Kino like this.
  7. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

DAY 30 - I guess this is considered a milestone but for me I milestone every day as an achievement. My daily achievement is honesty with myself. This site, and everyone here, has given me the comfort and security to have a place where I can be totally honest about my struggle and not be lying. I really think that relief of being able to be honest with everyone here enables the honesty with myself to recognize that I am an addict. And because of that honest acceptance of myself, I come to this site regularly (daily) for rekindling my resolve, offering support to others, learning more about my addiction, and gaining strength from the fellowship of this community. I could not have imagined a month ago how different I would feel, and how healthier my overall being is today. I guess one thing that has really freed my spirit was eliminating the sense of shame I experienced from PMO. What a heavy burden that was. When I can recall that shameful feeling it directs my thoughts away from the triggers, images, urges, and helps prevent that first little reach to the P site. Thank you everyone. Stay strong.

8. Pirate3819

Pirate3819 Fapstronaut

Relapsed today. I have to stop listening to my mind making excuses for why it is okay for me to PMO. Between those types of thoughts and boredom has lead to my current episodes of relapsing since June. I dislike the feeling that comes after I PMO because I know I could have used my limited time here on Earth for something more valuable.

Rebooter13, magvor, discovery and 5 others like this.
  9. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

5/90, 1/18th of the 90 day trophy.

I’m dedicated to making it. I’m trying to stay focused on the daily goal.

The last couple of months I’ve been triggered by a desire to follow a habit. It seems less scary the triggers I had to figure out earlier, but the apparent ease was the danger.

!mkj!, Rebooter13, magvor and 3 others like this.
  10. gearboxwhine

gearboxwhine Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group

GottaBFree, discovery and JJ_Kino like this.
  11. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Streak over.

2 steps forward, 1 step back. This streak was close to 3x my previous best streak for monk mode so I'm not sweating it too much. @emanuel_free, you now carry the battle flag!

Rebooter13, artifact, magvor and 2 others like this.
  12. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

[​IMG]
    Hello fellow fighters! I have a special affection for this group, as their support was decisive in achieving a victory that I had never achieved in approximately 35 years.
    Today I wanted to share my area chart that shows my level of desire for P over time. This latest challenge started 453 days ago and as you can see, it wasn't easy.
    The first 7 months were very intense, with constant ups and downs in the PM level. I could only deal with day to day because I did not feel strong to look ahead ... always on the verge of failure!
    The months that followed were much easier, the pressure wasn't constant, and I unlearned the habit of turning to PM when I was stressed, bored, or anxious. However, the small spikes seen in this last period remind me that I must always be vigilant and that I will always be a recovering PM addict.
    I want to encourage you to keep going, so that you can see "the light at the end of the road" because there is hope to be able to get out.
    In my particular case, one of the determining factors to get ahead was faith in God ... I advise believers to use it as a powerful weapon.
    If I can be of any use to you, here I am.
    Greetings and go ahead! Because everything good is ahead and never behind!

13. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

That was a very impressive run and the overall trend is also going in a great direction.

14. Thanks for this. Yes a faith in God is powerful....I also have faith in my own way

Amazing that you have got this far and kept going....it's inspiring and shows me that it can be done...that it's not just a long streak then failure...that it can be permanent

artifact, discovery, magvor and 2 others like this.
  15. I'm here on Day 39 of this streak and feeling strong...63 is my record and I want to beat that and keep going to 90 and onwards....some urges to M recently and have touched my dick a little but have managed to stop myself and get on with my day and let the feelings subside.

I am also trying to withdraw from psychiatric medication and I feel that PMO helps me with this.

Good to be amongst the brothers

16. Just ended a small streak but felt pretty good for most of it. Pretty disappointed that today got me.

17. magvor

magvor Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Morning all, checking in.

JJ_Kino, GottaBFree and discovery like this.
  18. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Thanks GBF. That means a lot. Definitely planning to keep on keeping on.

JJ_Kino and GottaBFree like this.
  19. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

6/90
    I feel good about my chances to get away from PM. The only draw and trigger for the week has been habbit and escape from reality with a side of "just one more" time.

I've discussed it at nauseam but when I check in I keep my head straight lol. This is the last trigger combo I'm aware of. Most of the old triggers are completely gone or powerless. I no longer consider fapping to deal with stress or to help sleep.

I'm becoming a new person through this journey. I like myself more. I expect that to only get better. I actually expect to get the trophy and continue from there. I have never felt that confidence... and then not reset within 48 hours lol.

20. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

You are doing awesome in a time with lots of change and challenges. That's great for the future and recovery.