1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to not be a narcissist

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by FlowingSaiyan, Aug 8, 2020.

1. FlowingSaiyan

FlowingSaiyan Fapstronaut

Hey everyone. So I'm in a dysfunctional family with a tyrannical father, who has some narcissistic traits. So I know what it is like to be around a narcissist. So I wanted to ask, how can I stop having narcissistic qualities in me? Because I am writing this question, most probably I am not a narcissist. I am actually a HSP (I think so). So I'm quite empathetic. But we all have narcissistic qualities within us. So could anyone advice me how I can eliminate those?

2. I'm about as narcissistic as it gets. I can't help you not to be a narcissist since I have no interest in losing this quality, but I can answer any questions you have if you like. As for empathy, it is a learned trait- even emotional empathy. I regularly practice it with some friends who help me better understand others' emotions so I can better manipulate them and remain undetected. It also helps me not push people to their limit of sanity or depression.

If you wanna ask something, shoot a question and I will ^^

FlowingSaiyan likes this.
  3. BlueBallsOG

BlueBallsOG Fapstronaut

Can you help me be more narcissistic?

4. If you so desire, sure.

Send me a message when you're up for it.

5. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

I wouldn't want to be a narc cause chances are you'd be left alone in the end. my aunt is a narc and it's sad the condition in which she is now. no friends. eventually people figured out her manipulation tactics and i guess she herself couldnt stop it.

How to stop being a narc... i dont think one can have a rulebook but there can be some guidelines of donts. i was a narc once. some things that i wish i had not done earlier:
    --dont be sarcastic and laugh at people all the time with snide remarks
    --when u see a red flag in a friendship, dont play some combat, that i'll betray you before you betray me. accept it and end the friendship.
    --dont make fun of others. laugh at others. i used to look down upon anyone and everyone. different race, different physical appearance. like i was a shallow person and was proud of it.

FlowingSaiyan likes this.
  6. I've developed the perfect counter to this. I think it's basically mandatory nowadays if you want to be a successful narc. There's quite a lot of things narcissists hold themselves back from by giving in to blind pride. That's just not how it works in this generation.

:,(