1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Hello bro. are you new to the thread or you change your former username? just to make sure i don´t add a new member wrongly :)

2. RiseToGreatness

excellent sis, tonight you sleep at the old fortress of Amon Sûl. Beware, PMO is strong here.

dia 25 - amun sûl.gif

dandausa, MarioVargas, Toni7 and 3 others like this.
  3. RiseToGreatness

So be it brother :)

4. RiseToGreatness

have you found your will now brother? it´s pointless to force yourself into nofap if you don´t feel like it. forcing something will only lead to more relapses.

dandausa, Toni7, Verissimus and 3 others like this.
  5. Cucurbito

Cucurbito Fapstronaut

6. RiseToGreatness

my brother!!!!

uruk.gif

7. RiseToGreatness

don´t create pressure on yourself brother, that´s good for the addiction, not good for you. just do your best to not relapse today. that´s all that matters. big streaks are made on simple daily living.

Meanwhile congratulations, you rank up. Keep going mighty Uruk-Hai!!!!

5.gif

8. RiseToGreatness

yes, the 90 days mark will not change a thing. repeat, it will not change a thing. if you´re trying to survive until 90 days, you´re gonna relapse on the 91th day. garanteed.

just think now, today. live well, or live the best you can, and no pmo :).

yes, there are hard days but it´s part of the reboot. if you want to focus on something, then focus on the benefits you´ll gain with a rewired brain. here´s a push ;)

9. RiseToGreatness

Excellent my brother :). You arrived at the ruins of Amon Hên. You´re a Warrior of Gondor now. Congratulations!! :)

day 70 - amon hen.jpg
    warrior 3.jpg
    amon hen 3.gif

Keep going!!!

10. RiseToGreatness

One more day of walking my brothers and sisters. Heading to Minas Morgul ready to fight some PMO forces.

I hope you´re doing well and focus on the path to the Mountain of Fire.

Have a great day!!! :)

Here´s our brother Soaring Eagle, now sober for 8 years :emoji_fist:

"Some people have claimed to have seen people succeeding on their first try, actually, the definition of rebooting in one go is a bit fuzzy. Is it to have completely rebooted once awareness has been attained or managing to completely reboot in the first attempt? I belong to the former category and I have not relapsed since that attempt, however, it is not my first attempt, previously I have relapsed countless times.

The first time I thought to reboot can be traced back to middle school, at the time I thought the act of masturbation was very filthy, my constitution would clearly take a hit after masturbation. I wanted to reboot during my teenage years but didn’t have any materials to read from or people to guide me, neither did I have the awareness to study rebooting articles, I only forced myself to reboot with the result of endless relapses. I think that most people have tried to reboot during their teenage years, this is because humans have a natural rebooting instinct, the body would advise you not to indulge any further. Trying to reboot for the first time there was a lack of experience in many areas, one belongs to the rookie stage; first of all one lacks the knowledge, secondly one lacks the awareness, under such circumstances, wanting to succeed on the first try is a fantasy story. Let me illustrate with an example: have a person who has never driven a car drive a car, what is the result? The result is sure to swivel left and right and even crash the car.

Rebooting is like learning to drive a car, one must master a complete set of theory and methodologies, the rest relies on experience, in this way one may succeed in rebooting. You would ask if there is anyone in this world who is able to successfully reboot on the first try, even though that person may exist it will be one in a thousand, the person must also have a great accumulation of virtue with the condition of coming in contact with a vast number of rebooting articles, good aptitude in studying, exceedingly high level of awareness, like skipping a grade in school while others have trouble to understand given a decade of time, he reaches understanding in a month. This kind of person appears seldom and is a rebooting genius, one in a thousand is not an overstatement, even one in ten thousand.

Rebooting must be professional. In this season I have summarized a few relapse categories, everyone may refer to it in order to alert oneself. The saying that “knowing yourself and your enemy, one hundred battles will result in one hundred victories”, once you know about the types of relapses, you will then try to maintain the vigilance. It is like knowing the trick of the swindler, you will not fall for the trick easily because you are aware of the trick, only in this case, it is not a trick for your money, but your essence!"

11. archie.hill

archie.hill Fapstronaut

Day 70! 10 Weeks! Feeling much better most of the time!

12. PerseveranceToday

PerseveranceToday Fapstronaut

Man!!! I need to stay busy. The second I let my guard down, everything goes downhill. It makes me wonder, by "staying busy" like this am I actually solving my problems or am I just running away? No idea, all I know is I'm back to day 0.

13. Zapy97

Zapy97 Fapstronaut

Day 11. I did some training with the fire department today. Getting really close to two weeks and becoming a hobbit.

14. It's not futile!

15. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

Just found this challenge after "officially" joining NoFap a few weeks ago. I've been haphazardly attempting to reach the 90 day mark for the past year with limited success. I reached 40 days last fall but have been struggling ever since. The COVID pandemic certainly hasn't helped in the recovery process. I've had some pretty bad relapses and binges over the past couple of months. I'm currently on Day 2 now. Here's hoping all of us can overcome this addiction and achieve our goals. For Frodo...

16. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

17. Verissimus

Verissimus Fapstronaut

Checking in for day 26. I probably won't have time to check in every day for the next few weeks, but I'll make time as often as I can. The last few days have been tough on me, but my response hasn't been to escape into P land. I'm proud of myself. I'm re-programming my brain. Persistence is key.

18. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Thanks ! I still find myself fishing and teetering on the edge but have not fallen in. Need to look at loneliness and how to relax without a screen in front of me - without this site and the panic button I would have relapsed a long long time ago... STOP FISHING!!!