1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

DC Universe Rebirth Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Welcome to the DC Universe Rebirth Challenge!
    This challenge is 500 days. During that time, you will go from an sidekick battling his addiction all the way to being The Man of Steel. You may stumble or fall along the way, but you must never give up. The fate of the multiverse rests in your hands.

The Rules:
    • No PMO. Think of it as your Kryptonite.
    • Sex with a partner is allowed.
    • Try to post daily so that ranks may be updated. Once you reach a new rank, please be sure to tag me in the post.
    • Please add the following in your signature: (Rank) in DC Universe Rebirth Challenge
    • Stay kind to one another and stay strong!

Day 0: Roy Harper / Speedy

Addiction has a hold over you.
    Yet you are determined to overcome it and better yourself.

[​IMG]

Day 5: Jason Blood / Etrigan

Your addiction is a demon.
    Do not let the demon consume the good in you.

[​IMG]

Day 15: Jason Todd / Red Hood

Emotions run high and life can look bleak at times.
    Remember to keep pushing forward no matter what.​

[​IMG]

Day 30: Jaime Reyes/ Blue Beetle

Addiction still weighs on your back.
    Learn to stop listening to it and work to control it.

[​IMG]

Day 60: Michael Jon Carter / Booster Gold

Your flaws may get the better of you at times...
    But you still have a heart of gold.

[​IMG]

Day 90: Oliver Queen / Green Arrow

From Speedy to Green Arrow.
    You're now a mentor and continue to help those in need.​

[​IMG]

Day 100: Billy Batson / Shazam

You've reached 100 days!
    Your transformation thus far is incredible.

[​IMG]

Day 200: Hal Jordan / Green Lantern

Your willpower increases every day.
    Keep looking toward the sky.

[​IMG]

Day 300: J'onn J'onzz / Martian Manhunter

You have taken this journey seriously so far.
    Your emotions no longer control you. You control them.

[​IMG]

Day 400: Bruce Wayne / Batman

You've taken something horrible and have turned it in to good.
    Just remember that you are no longer alone in your fight.

[​IMG]

Day 500+: Clark Kent / Superman

You are The Man of Steel.
    A symbol of hope to others.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2020
  2. I'm starting off at Day 09!

[​IMG]

Batty Belfry likes this.
  3. Day 11!

Thought I'd share the video that first taught me about this addiction. I had first learned about NoFap a few years ago on Reddit, but I didn't truly believe that PMO was a problem or could even be an addiction. It wasn't until I saw this video by Terry Crews that I realized just how wrong I was. PMO addiction is real and is devastating. Once I saw Terry's video and did more research, I learned that I myself was an addict. Have been for nearly all my life. Terry Crews has been an inspiration for me ever since he came public with his "Dirty Little Secret." I hope one day to meet him and thank him for all he's done for me and many others.

4. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

Just found this challenge after "officially" joining NoFap a few weeks ago. I've been haphazardly attempting to reach the 90 day mark for the past year with limited success. I reached 40 days last fall but have been struggling ever since. The COVID pandemic certainly hasn't helped in the recovery process. I've had some pretty bad relapses and binges over the past couple of months. I'm currently on Day 2 now. Here's hoping all of us can overcome this addiction and achieve our goals.

CLaYFiRC likes this.
  5. Welcome! It's nice to have someone else join. It was getting a bit lonely here. :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The pandemic has definitely made things tough. Especially for PMO addicts. Being stuck inside all the time takes a toll. One thing that seems to help a lot of others is taking up a "quarantine hobby." Reading, writing, gaming, musical instruments, daily exercise, etc. Something that will keep your mind off PMO. I've taken up guitar as my hobby and am hoping it helps.

Stay strong!

orionpax42 likes this.
  6. Day 2: Back to Speedy. I got lazy this weekend and stayed in bed most of the day Saturday. That's a HUGE trigger for me and led to a relapse. It's hard not to beat myself up, but I know that I need to keep fighting. This addiction cannot keep winning.

"I am not defined by my relapses, but by my decision to remain in recovery despite them." – Anonymous

orionpax42 likes this.
  7. Batty Belfry

Batty Belfry Fapstronaut

Love the DC Universe and it's nice to be alongside such a supportive challenge host (that's you @CLaYFiRC!)
    I have fallen into the Lazarus pit in the past, but no more. It's complicated, my ties to the Bat Family, but not for long.

CLaYFiRC likes this.
  8. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

Day 3 is in the books and Day 4 is wrapping up. Had a family emergency two nights ago and I was the most stressed I've been in a long time. Thankfully all of my family members are back home in one piece. I've been dealing with the stress and aftermath with exercise, cold showers, and actively talking to my friends and family members rather than using PMO like I traditionally would. My weekend is on the horizon so I'm gearing up for some urge surfing and replacement habits (exercise, cooking, reading, video games, phone calls/video chats with friends and family). Here's hoping my next update will be about reaching the one week mark.

CLaYFiRC likes this.
  9. I've been wanting to put together some sort of DC Universe challenge for awhile now, and your Batman challenge inspired me to finally give a a try! Tried not to make it a Justice League challenge, but it kind of ended up that way toward the end. :emoji_laughing:

Batty Belfry likes this.
  10. Sorry to hear about your family emergency. Just try your hardest not to let the stress get to you. The addict in you knows when you're stressed or emotionally vulnerable, and he will take any opportunity to try and overcome you. Looks like you have a pretty good plan going forward though. Keep at it!

Batty Belfry and orionpax42 like this.
  11. Day 3: Feeling more like myself after Saturday's setback. I have a mini vacation from work coming up after tomorrow's shift, but I luckily will not be home alone for it. It's going to be nice to get a break from the stresses of work and life in general.

Here's some daily motivation to help get you through today:

12. Day 4: Tomorrow I'll be ranking back up!

Here's one of my favorite Superman moments. This scene right here is what helped make me a Superman fan for life.

[​IMG]

13. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

Day 5 complete. Spent the evening kayaking with some new friends and acquaintances.

Batty Belfry and CLaYFiRC like this.
  14. Change! Change! O form of man!
    Free the prince forever damned!
    Free the might from fleshy mire!
    Boil the blood in the heart for fire!
    Gone! Gone! O form of man
    And rise the demon Etrigan!!

[​IMG]

15. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

16. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

Day 6 achieved. Had some good conversations with my roommates and friends on the phone. Did a lot of cooking as well.

17. Great job! Almost one week clean!

18. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

And today makes 7. I plan on posting updates each week at the minimum. I've noticed that I'm dwelling a bit too much on the number of days in the streak.

I'm doing my best to remember this adage:

"Don't count the days; make the days count."