1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mocoko

mocoko Fapstronaut

I entered the old village of Bree, it's rainy and foggy

2. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Day 0...
    I don't know how to get back up
    Chaser effect

3. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

Day 0!
    It's really unmotivating falling down again and again. But it is slow proces, to live a clean life while before you live unclean life for years. But we must endure and conquer this!

4. IncNTGreat

IncNTGreat Fapstronaut

Day 15. I have missed the last 3 days, school is starting and I qm sick... tis no bueno. I will try to keep more regular time coming here. I don't want to just let this fade into the background until I relapse again.

5. [​IMG]

That's awesome man congrats

6. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Me too, low morale recently.

Day 0.

7. janjijoni

janjijoni Fapstronaut

8. lonercub

lonercub Fapstronaut

Day 14.5 I will be Hobbit soon!

9. Mathman1994

Mathman1994 Fapstronaut

Day 25

In four and a half days, I will have made it to Elf status, a place I have never been. To walk among the falls of Rivendale will be amazing. I am going strong. Did not have any erotic dreams last night which I am happy about. As I write this though, I got the sudden urge to look at bikini photos. I know that the Lord of Lies (PMO) is whispering in my ear as if to say, “Just a small look at those women in bikinis. You have made it 25 days, and you are strong enough not to masturbate to them.”
    However, I know that I am being deceived and that my addiction just wants me to feed its hunger. If any of you have played Star Wars KOTOR2, then the best way to describe these urges is with the metaphor of Darth Nihilus, the Dark Lord of Hunger. No matter how much my PMO consumes, it is always hungry, and thus the best way to defeat it is to starve it to death. Don’t fish, don’t look, and don’t even consider giving in. That is what the Dark Lord of Hunger wants, and to put it into the metaphor of the Lord of the Rings, Sauron just wants us to put on the ring. Even if we don’t use it, he and his wraiths will know where we are, and they will hunt us down and consume us. Whether the ring of power (a false power I might add), or the Dark Lord of Hunger, PMO seeks to consume us. It seeks to feed off of our misery. It seeks to make us feel like shit, because they we will continue to turn to it.

I am now going to put my devices aside and call a friend I have not talked to in a while, and if I still feel urges afterward, I will go downstairs to the common area and study differential geometry.

Best,
    Mathman1994

10. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Hopefully we will..
    I am also day 0 today..
    And i feel really bad about it
    I'll try again hopefully

11. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Hopefully we will..
    I am also day 0 today..
    And i feel really bad about it
    I'll try again hopefully

12. Musicmad

Musicmad Fapstronaut

13. Cucurbito

Cucurbito Fapstronaut

So far so good. I'm on Day 3. How about you?

14. PerseveranceToday

PerseveranceToday Fapstronaut

15. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

Yes, I feel you. I also feel rally bad. How many times I disappointed myself, God, people and even animals around me who depends on me. But we need to stop digging hole even further and make our way back!

16. Julito

Julito Fapstronaut

I never thought that could be the reason.
    Thanks, man!

17. Mathman1994

Mathman1994 Fapstronaut

Thank you. The urges are gone, and I like that you know that my profile is of Yuzhaan Vong warriors. I find that despite their brutality, they were powerful and they carried honor in battle, and that despite being in tremendous pain (metaphorically for me, PMO), they managed to harness that pain and allow it to drive them further into the future and the new world that they wanted to create. There’s was not based in the Force, but in a world bound to nature and was organic. While these are all just metaphors to represent myself, I also think they look kick-ass.

Best,
    Mathman1994

18. Zapy97

Zapy97 Fapstronaut

Day 24. I had my first day at work alone and boy was it chaotic. I did alright for being new on the job. I will keep working and keep my chin up. Nofap is boring to do but life has been fun and a bit exciting.