1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice for 14 y/o?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by TB4, Aug 7, 2020.

1. TB4

TB4 Fapstronaut

So I'm 14,6'1/6'2 and 86 kg, im certain im a few kgs (my body shape is one a fat person) overweight I"ve already started to control what and how much i eat and am trying for the calorie deficit but am lacking on the workout part since i have no clue what to do
    To sum it up-Could you reccemendod me a workout regime since i feel overwhelmed by the sheer variety available online

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    Marshall 5 likes this.
  2. On the path

On the path Fapstronaut

First of all, well done for stepping up and doing something about it now. The longer someone is overweight, the harder it will be to get rid of the weight.

How many days a week do you want to lift?

3. TB4

TB4 Fapstronaut

6 out of 7, although i don't really have any weights and for whatever reason no gym here allows a minor to lift weights and thank you for the kind words!

4. On the path

On the path Fapstronaut

Dude, that fucking sucks, and it seriously limits what you can do. I'm talking BIG TIME limit whats you can do... The problem is, without heavy shit, you're stuck with bodyweight exercises. Being overweight actually will help you moving heavier weights and -- thus -- build muscle. But being overweight adds significant difficulty for bodyweight exercises.

Do you think you'd be able to get your hands on rocks or tires? These are things someone can get for free by asking an auto shop or nab off of some unused land. If you can get your hands on those I can recommend some good shit.

If you can't get any stones or tires.... Maybe you should just try to find an indoor rock climbing gym and get into that as a hobby. It will absolutely be difficult at first, but once you start building your back, and losing some weight thing will get easier. And then, when you're old enough, you can get into the gym and start developing the body good.

No wonder the west is so fucking fat... We don't let our teens into gyms.

5. TB4

TB4 Fapstronaut

Exactly my problem, They say I can't lift because my height is still growing and if I start lifting it'll diminish my height but I'm like 6'2 how much more am I gonna grow anyway, Now I have dumbells and I'm certain they could help, any specific workout video you might wanna recommended? And no I cant't get my hand on any tires or rocks,and rock climbing wont be available as long as COVID's still there

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  6. Mateo89

Mateo89 Fapstronaut

Experiment. Find something you like and stick with it. Just get your body moving

Mateo

7. TB4

TB4 Fapstronaut

For cardio im fond of cycling and playing sports like football/cricket (which I do do, how is that a legit sentence) but for strength training as i i already mentioned I can't do anything since i dont have access to weights (im too weak to do a pushup too)

8. I think it’s great that you are starting to eat better and work out. I was curious about your self-assessment as overweight, though. I would think that 86kg is fairly healthy for 6’1”-6’2”? At least, at the upper end of “normal” weight. But I could be wrong, and maybe your body type matters.

I’ve gotten a lot of mileage at home out of pushups, planks, sit-ups, crunches, leg lifts, a chin-up bar in the door frame. You can buy a couple of dumbbells too. Plus you could add burpees, jumping jacks, jogging, an elliptical if you have access to one. It help to have a real exercise mat to do these on. This is from a guy who never really spent time in the gym but just wanted to get in shape for once! Good luck and enjoy the process.

9. TB4

TB4 Fapstronaut

So i might be excagurating when I say 20 kgs overweight,But I have man-Boobs,A quite noticeable belly,a lotta fat on the thighs and i used to have a really big double chin,but now I somehow have a quite noticeable jawline with way more sulken cheeks,dunno how that works,SoaSo i'dyi'd says that I AM overweight,and you're saying that a mix of these exercises is good enough? I don't have a lot of knowledge on how exercise works so knowing what to do just doesn't come to me and Since im in a really small grey area (not quite fit enough to do proper stuff but still fit enough that the "obese" exercises are too easy) So i'm forced to make a custom plan,hence I am here asking for advice

10. Ghast

Ghast Fapstronaut

Bro, you are actually killing it rn. Eating less (and better) food is way more important than working out if you want to lose weight. And if you really want to pack up some muscle I suggest to ask your parents a gym membership, otherwise stick to air squats, push-ups and pull-ups at home to gain some strength.

11. TB4

TB4 Fapstronaut

As I mentioned in my previous replies,in my country gym membership for minors means no weights,i cannot use weights if i am a minor,Thank you on that comment,I already feel and look fitter and my performance of the ground with my friends is wayyyy better as well,air squats are fine,but I can't do pushups i dont have enough strength and i dont have any place to accurately do pull-ups,any idea what other exercise i could do?

12. Ghast

Ghast Fapstronaut

You should focus on at least one push, one pull and one leg exercise. You already can do air squats for your legs which is fine. For a push exercise, you can try push-ups on your knees, which is a lot easier than a normal push-up. And for a pull exercise, I suggest to pick a bag, put some books in it and do a row movement. Be creative! Furthermore, you should workout your abs twice a week. Crunches, Planking and side planks will do the job.
    You can always search on youtube for no equipment push or pull exercises.

Good luck bro!

13. TB4

TB4 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the info,I'll try to do this as many times as possible,Good luck to you on your journey!