1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Finally swallowing my pride

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Scoopydoops, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Scoopydoops

Scoopydoops New Fapstronaut

Well it has been quite the journey. For more than half of my life I have been plagued with compulsive use of PMO. I have always thought of myself as strong enough to overcome my problem, constantly telling myself that this time is the time. That this time will be different, that I had it figured out now and that I was really going to quit. I'd have sporadic streaks, of at the most ever 8 weeks (that was also most recent), but as I have been dating the love of my life I have really realized that I do not want this to ruin my relationship with her. (hence my recent 8 week streak) looking back I am also able to see how much it has robbed me of opportunity and achievement. I know that it is a destructive habit and I hate what it makes me. And yet for so long telling myself that one day I will quit, I have finally realized that I cannot on my own. This forum has inspired me and I am embracing my need for a community. I want to break free.

Deleted Account and Marshall 5 like this.
  2. Welcome! You've already had some success with your 8 weeks, so I know you can build on this. I suggest finding an accountability partner or two here. They will give you support and some positive peer pressure to stick with this. You can do it!

3. Scoopydoops

Scoopydoops New Fapstronaut

Thank you!

4. Hello there... :)
    Welcome to the community! :)

[​IMG]

5. I also started my journey because of lady love.

Good luck to you. It's worth it. Keep trying hard.