1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. greenTree

greenTree Fapstronaut

Im an orc back again, sry guys. feel like i cant jump threw some lvl recently.
    I thgink I will be back here if i make my 30 days streak. Gionna plan my life for next month , week, days. Need to cut off internet usage to minimum, and have lots of work to do so i am not getting bored or getting feeling my life is miserable in some way.
    I think its very important. Changiung behaviours and our habits are rly important. In fact I feel like all changed while i started playing computer games back again = cuz boredom ( but it actually changed my mindset and I was starting to lack something) See you in the future I hope. GL in ur journey!

2. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

@Ininterrompu
    @endthecycle90
    @kingkhan21
    Welcome, newcomers! Stay vigilant, keep coming onto NoFap and reading rebooting material if you can, and learn from both your mistakes and old-timers' wisdom. It has helped me (not that I am an authority).

Day 61 P-free; day 9 M-free. I am doing better this morning than last night. I confessed a lot of dark stuff to my wife yesterday. We are at a rough spot. I will not make this worse by PM. This Uruk-Hai is Hobbit-bound for real this time!

3. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Thank you for this honest warning and for letting us know how unfulfilling it is to relapse. It reminds me that there is nothing in it for me. Keep trying. We can do this!
    Onward!

4. Day 30: Finally made it to Elf! The journey continues!

5. Dorian85

Dorian85 Fapstronaut

6. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Day 15, a proper Hobbit now :)

7. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

learn bro and rise again, you can do it!!

8. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

4 days done my brothers and sisters.

Let´s welcome the new members of the Fellowship:

@Sifo-Dyas
    @Dorian85

The following brothers have upgraded and reached places in Middle Earth. Congratulations!!! :)

@LuckyMan - Weathertop
    @CLaYFiRC - Elf / Rivendell
    @Akeakua - Hobbit / Hobbiton

Let´s get going my brothers. One day at a time. Here´s Universal Man with a brand new video. Have a great day!!! :)

9. lonercub

lonercub Fapstronaut

Unfortunately I have relapsed on day 31. I truly regret it. Weird thing is I didn't even enjoy it. It definitely was not worth it. Will have to start again. I had made it to Elf. But now back to square one. I am an Orc again.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  10. PerseveranceToday

PerseveranceToday Fapstronaut

11. Julito

Julito Fapstronaut

Haven't posted in a while.
    3 days complete and going strong.

12. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

0 Days.

Hi all. I failed again. I am very embarrassed, not because of the fall, but because I realize I just haven't been taking this seriously lately. I'm not sure what needs to change that I have the power to change at the moment. There must be something.

Anyway, I'll probably refrain from posting for a few days and only lurk around here. I need to figure out what I need to change or get rid of in my life. I want to take this seriously again so that I'm not wasting time and space here with my posts.

I'm going to win in the long run. I just need to figure out how.

Be strong out there.

13. unexpectedjellyfish

unexpectedjellyfish Fapstronaut

Stay strong brother! You can do it.

14. unexpectedjellyfish

unexpectedjellyfish Fapstronaut

Congrats, man! I can't wait to join you in about a week :)

15. Cucurbito

Cucurbito Fapstronaut

16. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

17. Mathman1994

Mathman1994 Fapstronaut

Congratulations @CLaYFiRC I finally made it to Urah-Kai status this morning so I am thrilled. I guess we both leveled up today?

Day 6-Urah-Kai @RiseToGreatness

I never got around to posting yesterday due to being super busy, but my urges have luckily been under control making for an easy 6 days. I know it is bound to get harder around day 8 or 10 as it usually does, but I know that I can beat this!

Also, I got up at 5:30-5:40AM this morning and I have been pretty productive at this point. I decided to apply to some of the PhD programs I am interested in for Fall 2021 because none of them require the GRE this year due to COVID-19. I want to apply to University of Chicago, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, Northwestern University, UC-Berkeley, UW-Madison, UW-Milwaukee (for a Master’s), and CalTech. Application fees will cost between $555-630.

I emailed the 6 PhD programs that I am interested in and I ave already heard back from Berkeley, though it was a rather generic response. Anyway, I will be a week clean in about 7 hours, so I cannot wait!

Best,
    Mathman1994

18. archie.hill

archie.hill Fapstronaut

Thank you brother! I appreciate it!