1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox and playstations

Discussion in 'Partner Support' started by Just me, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Just me

Just me Fapstronaut

Hello, my husband has mentioned getting a new videogame system. Both of them look like they have the ability to remove or make the browsers only go to pre approved sites (depending on the system) which would work. However, it is also important for him not to know. The wifi password. I have alerts set on all protected devices that would show me if he looked for it. As far as I know accountability software is not yet compatible for video game systems. I've tried looking online if there is a way to access or hide the wifi password and I was wondering if anyone here had experience with these devices?

I like to know these things prior to purchase rather than trying to figure it out after the fact. Or buy it for him and then have to give it away.

2. Amaterasus

Amaterasus Fapstronaut

The solution i got with our ps4 is that i have locked the main account with a password. My partner has a sub account that I have set to not have access to the browser. So hes account cannot use internet. And since my account is the administrator he cannot change that himself.

I do not know if this helps you or not, but yea at least with a Playstation there is ways to limit their access to the internet.

One more advice though is to look trough what games he intends to play, some of them might have sexscenes or characters that can be used as p-subs.

3. Just me

Just me Fapstronaut

Thank you for your response.
    Is there a way to prevent the wifi password from being viewed?

4. Amaterasus

Amaterasus Fapstronaut

I asked my partner and he agrees that he shouldn't have the option to access it. But if you want to we could look into it, looking at how it looks on our ps4 and come back to you if you like.

5. Just me

Just me Fapstronaut

I'd really appreciate it. I have tried looking online, and it looks like most people have trouble finding it, but it seems like I have run across a few people who agree also asking to how to hide it. I like knowing these answers prior to making a purchase.

6. Amaterasus

Amaterasus Fapstronaut

We can look at it, but i can't promise that we will have time before the weekend. My partner works long hours and we have a 10 months old baby so time is short. But yea during the weekend the latest I will see how it looks!

7. Just me

Just me Fapstronaut

Awesome! And man do I miss those baby days, but I know how exhausting they are!

8. EyesWideOpen

EyesWideOpen Fapstronaut

I don't lock or block or check anything in regards to my husband and his addiction anymore. He is an adult and it is 100% his responsibility to handle his recovery. If he is going to stay clean, he's going to do it because he wants to, not because I'm watching. If he is going to be truthful, he is going to do it of his own volition, not because I "found" something and had to ask. If he is going to go down the wrong path, he is going to own the consequences.

I do not have the time, energy, or emotional capacity to try to babysit a grown man. I did it for a long time and it made me physically ill.

9. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

I don’t and haven’t for 17 years. In the very beginning after dday 1 I did this for about 2 years and then decided if he was going to do that there wasn’t anything I could do about it and I wasn’t going to waste any more time and effort. We do have accountability on his devices but he chose that and has friends on the reports. I don’t get the reports, I blocked them lol. He had it set up for me to get them too, I said no, not my job. Honestly, I can tell in my gut if he’s slipping or clean.

EyesWideOpen likes this.