1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Remember the fallen

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jun 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. His obituary didn't say anything. It only said that it was "unexpected and sudden."

2. Why not make a thread to shame the bullies and we can call them out?

how can it improve if those who are left do nothing ?

ANewFocus likes this.
  3. That's terrible. Thank you for letting us know. He was one of the first people who ever reached out to me here. :emoji_frowning2:

4. He was such a great person to talk to and I am happy to know that he had an impact on you.

5. James Duncan Halpert

James Duncan Halpert Fapstronaut

As great as public shaming might sound, I wouldn't do it as it's against the rules of pretty much every forum (I assume here as well), and that's what the mods are for. If somebody is being a jackass or personally insulting you, they should be reported and they'll be dealt with.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Because that only gives them more attention and validity.

Exactly... That's why I am focusing my energies on helping new users find their footing, supporting those who appreciate and need my support. Do whatever you can and dump the trash into the trashcan.

Trolls and Morons can kiss a rattlesnake for all I care.

7. James Duncan Halpert

This whole post is yes. Don't get me wrong there's good people on here, but man this place is good for training your conflict resolution, ego and rationality. lol

J29, ANewFocus and (deleted member) like this.
  8. James Duncan Halpert

Does anybody know what happened to some members here?

I was trying to find a woman I used to joke with last year, she went by the username Sarah W. or I think just Sarah at one point.

There was also a guy called TwitBit, and he was absolutely hilarious, but I think he either deleted his account or possibly changed his name.

Lastly, does anybody know what happened to @Buzz Lightyear? He used to be a staple here but I haven't seen anything from him.

9. @Little Bo Peep

Have fun.

10. James Duncan Halpert

Thanks man! I deleted my account long ago but forgot everybodies names from my messages, but I guess that wouldn't help me seeing as most either changed them or were deleted. :(

Hros and Sosuke Aizen like this.
  11. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

There was this Russian dude,
    @RLN
    He left recently.
    RIP.

12. @WOOF aka M.S.H. aka MuscularSherlockHolmes

Good riddance, I say.
    Not quite sure if he meets the criteria for "fallen" though, since he did have a huge streak.

Anyone who reports members simply because they don't agree with them is pretty pathetic imo. Still, he was a member here for many years so his absence will be felt for some time.

I'll leave it at that.

Deleted Account likes this.
  13. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I remember when I made a flippant but otherwise innocuous comment about Beamer, and he came down on me and others with such over the top vitriol that even carried over into another thread when he tried to antagonise me further. Later on I see him make comments in this very thread about toxic trolls and users who harass other users, and got a good laugh out of how hypocritical him saying that was. "rules for thee but not for me" comes to mind.

Sosuke Aizen likes this.
  14. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

With the added context you have given me, I am now thinking he was trying to get me suspended as well, by trying to bait me into getting mad at him. Thankfully I quickly realised my conversation with him wasn't going anywhere, so I just told him I didn't want an argument with someone who was clearly taking my posts out of context and that was the end of it. Keep in mind this conversation occurred in a thread where people being even slightly critical of Beamer were being dogpiled for going against the hive mind. It was honestly embarrassing to witness several users throw a fit over incredibly banal comments that were hurting nobody. To see one of those users act all self righteous after that is honestly hilarious to me, but also a little bit aggravating considering he openly admitted to trying to get in my head and basically got away with it.

Sosuke Aizen likes this.
  15. There's a lot of shit going on here that I can tell you about, but I won't because it's just gonna get me banned. This isn't my first account here. I've seen shit go down on these forums that you wouldn't believe. They cover it up fast and lock away the threads so nobody ever runs into them again unless they specifically search for them.

Whatever. I'm just here so i can reach that 500+ count and leave. I could care less about the lies and bull going on in the background, but I must speak out from time to time. The amount of favoritism MSH got from Beamer was ridiculous. I can't say this directly because they might pull up a ruling against me, but I'll give you something to think about: MSH made the report against Infrasapiens that got him banned. Which mod do you think delivered the sentence?

How do I know, you may ask?
    Infrasapiens and I are very well acquainted outside of nofap. He told me everything.

This whole forum has gone to shit tbh.

Ghost in the Shell likes this.
  16. Queek The HeadTakker

Queek The HeadTakker Fapstronaut

Queek never falls , Queek is invincible!!!! So you will never remember memeemememe

17. @All For One damn Infrasapiens got banned? I have a hard time believing that. He was hilarious but inoffensive; a pure harmless soul incapable of slander. I can't imagine him posting something bannable or anyone holding a grudge against a guy like that. Are you sure about this?

I liked Sherlock, sad to see him go. Even if what you say is true he has been overall a very positive guy. Wasn't like most of his posts encouraging the new guys? He did get overly confrontational in some recent incidents. It was out of character. I think something happened in his personal life.

I usually agreed with MSH when he criticised people and reported a few posts on my own. Downright Nazi talk about how the Jooz are pulling the strings etc. However I'm starting to doubt it was a good idea to start moving threads about uncomfortable topics. At first I was happy and championed it because I was sick of the constant 70 IQ posts here. Trump simping, conspiracy theories, Jesus camp recruitment... Those are not appearing anymore which is great but overall activity tanked, not just the spamming.

Hros, The Passenger and Sosuke Aizen like this.
  18. Exactly. The guy could get a bit depressing sometimes, but definitely wasn't the sort of person who went around hurting others in a manner deserving of a ban.
    The mod started to hound him and he'd get a message every single week or so about reports made against one of his posts. I remember he told me about it and that it was the same mod in his inbox every time and I told him they were stacking up reports just so they could ban him.

The thing about nofap is that if you get 3 reports or more made against you in the span of a week (or a month, I am unsure, but leaning more towards a month), the mods outright suspend you. Once they suspend you enough, they ban you. That's exactly the abuse of power and exploitation of the rules that got him kicked out.

Indeed, I'd be pretty biased not to agree with this. He did take over after D.J. when it came to welcoming new members so that's definitely something very positive he did. Thanks for reminding me.

As for the latter half of your paragraph there, almost all of his forum posts (in his last few months here) were on threads that were very controversial, not in the sense that they were made by negative people, but that they would attract a difference in opinions. The guy literally seeked out drama most times and anyone who didn't agree instantly became a target for provocation and a subsequent report. His mod friend on the other side would then go and deal the actual blow.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Things can really get absolutely ridiculous here sometimes lol
    Mad people out there bruh.

19. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

The favouritism and bias is definitely something I have experienced first hand. A while back I got warnings for making posts in a thread about Marvel where I said I didn't like the actress who played Captain Marvel. The warnings told me my posts were sexist, and when I tried to contest this patently ridiculous decision, the mod in question ignored me completely. Later on I got suspended for (and I openly admit I did this) being openly hostile and rude to another user. What you tell me now and have said further down confirms what I always suspected; that me saying I did not like an actresses portrayal of a superhero contributed to me being suspended. Meanwhile MSH was able to openly and almost proudly admit he was trying to goad me and others and he got away with it without even a slap on the wrist, despite targeted harassment (I hate to call it that but thats technically what it was) being completely against TOS. This whole chain of events only occurred because I commented on a thread by a prominent Christian user who was upset his threads were being deleted and moved to places noone would ever see them, on the premise that he was preaching, which he wasn't, all he was doing was relating his faith back to the topic. Meanwhile I had seen before, and still do see, threads with religious content that noone gives a damn about because in the end, they arent hurting anyone. You dont win any prizes for guessing which mod was the one the Christian user was upset about.

Its like I tried to explain back then; its easy to pretend there is no problem when you arent the one being affected. I wish MSH the best in real life but on this forum he was a self righteous hypocrite who went out of his way to antagonise people, and I cannot deny that seeing things turn out like this puts a smile on my face.

[​IMG]

Al/4/7/00 and Sosuke Aizen like this.
  20. The fact that Beamer executed many of these punishments could also have to do with the fact that he simply did most of the mod work here. It looks a bit like the other mods were/are not doing much. Alexander himself posted one comment total in the last ~3 months.

Meanwhile I called people who watch these comic book movies retarded children and got away with it. Good times.
    EDIT: I didn't get away with it :D Can't find the post.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.