1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cars

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ghost in the Shell, Sep 20, 2020.

Favorite car brand

1. Toyota

2. Mercedes-Benz

3. BMW

4. Tesla

5. Ford

6. Honda

7. Nissan

8. Audi

9. Volkswagen

10. Porsche

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. What car do you have or would like to have?

What do you look for when buying?

Where do you get car news/reviews from?

Are electric engines the future? Or hydrogen? Or nuclear?

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  2. Carwow is a cool channel and the host is relentlessly funny and British.

3. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

It is an interesting question you present.
    I think H2 really looks a possibility.
    Hyundai’s working on a relatively affordable H2 car.
    Let’s see.

I have a feeling that some other mode will become really successful(Other than Electric, could as well be H2).

Private Cars will become obsolete.
    Talk about mass Transport. Flying Taxis? Trains?

Ghost in the Shell likes this.
  4. Queek The HeadTakker

Queek The HeadTakker Fapstronaut

5. I don't think so, I would say people are getting more individualistic rather than less.

Some American televangelist felt flying with airlines was like "getting into a tube with a bunch of demons" and so he bought a private jet.

CarP and IbrahimViking like this.
  6. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

Lol such will be the people who’ll own Private cars.

Perhaps, but it is inefficient to have a car if Every part of the city is linked by an elegant Transportation system.

IbrahimViking likes this.
  7. Realistically, the new Honda NSX. Unrealistically, Lamborghini Murciélago.

Ghost in the Shell likes this.
  8. It's good to hear you're doing well financially

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  9. Piter22

Piter22 New Fapstronaut

My favorite car brand is Honda. For a long time I did not want to buy a car because I was afraid that my knowledge would not be enough for its operation. but then my friend advised me to visit ManyManuals and I found an application manual there. The list of Honda For the car products contains 64 user manuals for 60 models.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  10. maxmayer

maxmayer Fapstronaut

Peugeot 407 2.0 TDi. I adore my lovely car but sometimes I'm getting bored of cleaning it every time I drive in rain. I am forced to rent my neighbor's pressure washer so I've already checked reviews to buy my own. I can share the source for those who have never done this before. Because my friendly neighbor is angry with me now :D

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  11. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

12. SoaringEagle

SoaringEagle Fapstronaut

IMO it is highly dependent on the country you live in.
    I would always go for good old simple gasoline, easier to maintain than hybrids, and I don't want to have to change an expensive electric battery with full electric cars.
    I would buy something that is popular and can be sold easily and is cheap to maintain. I would just look up the most popular car models where I live and get that one.

Reborn16 and Ghost in the Shell like this.
  13. WOODROW

WOODROW Fapstronaut

Your photo is very good. You look intelligent and thanks for the link.

14. WOODROW

WOODROW Fapstronaut

Can anyone tell me why the craze for these cars with loud mufflers? Here in staten island NY---reving reving and skid Mark's on roads. Are these drivers on drugs? Of course our mayor does not do a thing about this menace. These drivers most likely live with mommie and daddy who pay their gas, repair and insurance Bill's.

15. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

They’ve been doing that for years. Buying little shitbox cars and putting aftermarket parts on them to make them faster/louder. They look and sound ridiculous. Mostly just kids who eventually mature and buy a normal car.

16. emmanuilteleshev

emmanuilteleshev Fapstronaut

Can there be any questions? I have always appreciated Toyota for the durability of their cars but I never particularly liked the design of their cars. They all seem to lack taste in my opinion. When the CHR model was released back in 2016 I was struck by how good this car looked. I decided to wait for a facelift and as you can see that wasn't a bad decision at all. I had it delivered to me via auto enclosed transport and the price was great too thanks to the car being a hybrid. It doesn't just look good it drives very nicely too.
    upload_2020-11-19_14-30-27.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    Reborn16 likes this.
  17. I had two cars. Opel Vectra B 2.0 turbo diesel and Nissan Almera 1.8 engine. Both good. Maxed out 180 on Nissan and 170 on Opel. But not fast enough and not agressive enough. I need Audi Quattro or BMW 3/5 series car.
    Will probably pay shitload tons of attention to rust, especially on top of suspension cans (I call them like that, it probably makes no fucking sense to some of you).
    My Nissan had really rusty thingies that were on top of this whole suspension stuff and I ended up just killing it. Whole thing went through it and damaged my cars hood. Shit happens I guess.
    Also, I would take a deeper look into interior cause I' ve gotta know who am I dealing with - a shitty owner, or someone who takes care of his car.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2020
  18. WOODROW

WOODROW Fapstronaut

Where they get the money for these cars is beyond my comprehension!