1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Netflix is supporting pedophilia

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by brilliantidiot, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Wait till they normalize pedophilia too.

SoaringEagle and brilliantidiot like this.
  2. Public reminder - thoughts are different from actions. Pedophilia hasn't hurt anyone by itself. Child rape is a different story.

I don't have anything to say about the Netflix show because I haven't looked into it.

3. Stragler

Stragler Fapstronaut

The truth can be a bitter pill to swallow.

Testify and Sosuke Aizen like this.
  4. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman

All,

I am temporarily locking this thread for review. I expect the thread to reopen when the review is complete.

For those who are concerned about these temporary locks, speaking honestly, when a thread needs to be read through because of possible rules violations, yes sometimes it is easier to lock the thread than for people to continue in potential rules violations. Just makes a lot more to clean up, which can sometimes result in good points or even full threads being removed as opposed to just cleaning the troublesome parts.

So while I can appreciate frustration over a temporary lock, it cuts down on lost content and moderation time.

I am grateful for any patience you are willing to provide, and please have a pleasant evening.

SparkywantsnoPMO
    NoFap Moderation Team

5. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman

The thread has been reopened. Thank you.

6. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Thank you for being reasonable! I appreciate that.

7. Mr. Kruger

Mr. Kruger Fapstronaut

A certain entity has been pushing various agendas for quite a while now, and people usually won't contest these agendas for fear of being labeled some kind of "phobe" and having their social life and/or employment jeopardized. That being said, I think that any attempt to normalize pedophilia would be the last straw for most people. Once something that absurd happens, you'll see even the most oblivious people begin to wake up and start asking questions. It could even be thought of as a blessing in disguise if the media's hubris resulted in a mega backlash that compelled people to go down the rabbit hole and do some investigating.

8. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

Yeah, I just cancelled my Netflix account and all of you should too.

I had actually cancelled my Netflix account long ago but this spring I caved and got one again. Now I'm glad I had an account so that I could cancel it with such an appropriate timing and hopefully help send them a message.

I'm not getting Netflix back unless they remove this shit.

brilliantidiot and Akeakua like this.
  9. MONSTER MONK

MONSTER MONK Fapstronaut

My Journal
    You start cutting the hill and its only a matter of time till its a slippery slope. Land of the free isn't it. Its gonna be free for all Multiplayer soon enough

brilliantidiot and SoaringEagle like this.
  10. Yeah that one is pretty yikes. I guess some of these people in high positions have pretty warped minds.

brilliantidiot likes this.
  11. BloodyM

BloodyM Fapstronaut

Did anyone else notice that ever since Jeffrey Epstein was caught and killed and his 'Black mail' list was released to the public our world has changed?
    I mean wtf...
    I don't have an account on Netflix, I removed it a long time ago but this is crazy

12. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Not sure I get what you're saying.

13. SoaringEagle

SoaringEagle Fapstronaut

He is saying a lot of distractions have been orchestrated on purpose such as BLM to make sure people do not discuss the israeli mossad agents, Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislane Maxwell who have been discovered blackmailing most important American politicians and the British royal family.

14. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I'd never been so glad of not having netflix...

15. You have people on this very forum supporting pedophilia. The human condition is depravity. Don't let any of this shock you.

SoaringEagle likes this.
  16. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Just saw that Netflix cancelled the Dark Crystal show. These motherfuckers seriously out here cancelling any decent show they have that had actual effort put into it and leaving up shitty gross out cartoons and documentaries about men falling in love with octopi. Fuck Netflix lmao.

17. SeaChange

SeaChange Fapstronaut

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuties

I think everyone in this thread would do well to read the outline of the plot. The movie itself suffers from poor marketing that made it seem like a movie about just young girls dancing but there is a bit of nuance here.

Here is the ending:

The highly suggestive dance routine shocks the audience. Suddenly thinking about her mother during the routine, Amy bursts into tears and leaves before their performance ends to join her mother.

Upon her return, she runs into her aunt who blames her for her outfit and recent attitude. Amy's mother intervenes by telling her to leave her daughter alone and then hugs her to reassure her. Amy implores her mother to allow Amy to not attend the wedding, in order to demonstrate her disapproval. Amy's mother permits her not to go, but states that she herself must go to fulfill her duty as a wife. Amy then abandons both the traditional wedding dress and her sexy dancer's outfit, and, in jeans and a T-shirt, her hair down, she goes out to play jump rope with a group of girls.

Amy, a Senegalese immigrant to France, spends the movie torn between her traditional background and the allure of Western society. The film climaxes with her father's wedding to his second wife, an act which destroys Amy's mother (they're Muslim so hence the two wives thing), and Amy's twerking competition happening on the same day. Amy ultimately rejects BOTH of those things - choosing instead to go to a playground in normal clothes and spend time as a normal girl should.

The director is a French born Senegalese woman who was more trying to comment on how shit both modern French society and traditional Senegalese society are for young women - you're either twerking for attention or you're at the will of your future husband who will just replace you when you get too old.

Exoffender likes this.
  18. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Still though a movie full of children twerking and showing off their bodies. I don't necessarily say that the themes of the movie are bad or ill intented, but I just don't think it's okay to put kids to twerk for a movie. The subject could have been handled without showing off children'saa bodies in a sexual way.

I guess the point of still sexualising kids is to get some shock value, but I don't see how that makes it any better either. Like the reason for you sexualising children is that you want to get more popularity? How is that supposed to make it good??

Akeakua and brilliantidiot like this.
  19. SoaringEagle

SoaringEagle Fapstronaut

I really do not know if all you did was look up the wiki and you didn't know the other details or what!

To be specific:
    No movie should ever sexualize children. (Period)
    This means no excuses will be given whatsoever. Are you absolutely out of your mind defending a scene of little girls twerking with the camera focusing on their behinds! Do you even realize how many little girls had to audition to perverts so they can be accepted into that role!

As ShadyPerson mentioned, if that was the point of the movie, they could have done it without sexualizing children and that same theme could be explored in many different ways.

And another thing to mention already, just in case someone jumps in to say this was artistic with the proof of taking a Sundance award. Note also that Sundance film festival was co founded by a convicted pedophile! (Sterling Van Wagenen)