1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and older accountability, Group 2

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by persona2903, Nov 13, 2019.

1. webdevil81

webdevil81 Fapstronaut

Whats the new method dude? All tips/advice/self learnt successes would be most welcome.

Barakah likes this.
  2. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

Something I was thinking lately: October 1st is approaching. And from then on, the new year of 2021 is 90 days away. If any of you guys like to try for a new years resolution (and please be more original than nofap), you all have enough life experience to know that you are not going to succeed if you don’t practice whatever it is you’re trying to change before new years. So come October 1st, you have 90 days to practice (so come new years day, you don’t become just another statistic of starting something just to quit 2 weeks later) this thing you want to change in your life for the new year of 2021.

For example, if someone in this group wants to get their diet under control for the new year of 2021, then start putting together a game plan over the next week, and then implement that plan and practice come October; so come new years eve, you have all the trial and error already out of the way and you are ready to concur that new healthy eating plan come new years. Same thing with guys who have been meaning to join the gym. Don’t be that guy who joins the gym the week of the new year. Those guys never make it. Start practicing and join the Gym now, so come new years you already have 90 days under your belt.

3. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

Webdevil81, I see you and I are both tied at 6 days. Whoever relapses first buys the beer?

ANewFocus and webdevil81 like this.
  4. webdevil81

webdevil81 Fapstronaut

You're on dude!

5. webdevil81

webdevil81 Fapstronaut

On this streak of 6 days so far I have given up many things that I have been on and off quitting since November last year:

Smoking cigarettes
    Smoking Weed
    Drinking
    PMO
    Procrastination(which I feel the others above lead to)

I have added sugar to this list but unlike the others above this is something that I can moderate if the odd times I choose to have some requires. Also this is added sugar, I love fruit so I'm not going to the extreme of cutting that out. Thought about adding coffee in the future but for now I need something to keep me sane!

I have also meditated every day of this streak and will continue to do so. I am already a very sporty person, gym thrice a week and mountain biking on the days inbetween come rain or shine.

So this is all my New Year resolutions, with a 90 day starter as it were :)

6. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

checking in. Nothing really to say.

persona2903 likes this.
  7. webdevil81

webdevil81 Fapstronaut

Day 7 and as far as pmo goes there is no temptation at this moment. Feel like crap but thats due to other factors.

persona2903 likes this.
  8. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Checking in. Really stressed at work and with wife and trying to handle it. Been difficult.

persona2903 likes this.
  9. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

Checking in. Nothing to say. Wakey Wakey...eggs and bakey.

persona2903 likes this.
  10. webdevil81

webdevil81 Fapstronaut

Day 8 and everything going smoothly. Missed mountain biking today but I have to rest the legs at some point as my quads are like concrete.

persona2903 likes this.
  11. This sunday is the 1 year anniversary of rising early at 4 am without missing a day

Reading books from those who have walked this path before and modeling their thoughts and inspirations is very encouraging.

There is a sense of inner calm and silent power increasing -

Noticing patterns of manipulation by others, and how they used to glamor me or try to guilt trip me to do things, or girls trying to pull me.

They are all seen with a new eye - and not judged just not interested in any more.

Ability to say NO - and to sit with guilt and shame and lust and offer it to god is becoming more natural.

Feeling of love towards all women, like when i was in kindergarden and being childlike friends is increasing.

12. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

Day 10 - more bullsh1t with the wife, trying to rebuild our marriage. Previously, this stress would send me right to PMO. Today I am just depressed, and not even thinking about seeking escape to PMO.

ANewFocus likes this.
  13. webdevil81

webdevil81 Fapstronaut

Day 9 and I'm up at 6am, feel like a bear with a sore head but just going to meditate and plough through.

Had a wet dream last night, although not much came out so must have caught it or something. Need to start doing some breathing exercises and maybe kegels as I want to practice SR on this streak to maximise my benefits.

Have a good Friday guys!

persona2903 likes this.
  14. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

Normally I avoid facebook, but I was having a hard time reading this girl at work, couldn’t tell if she liked me or not. So I went to facebook and looked her up to see if she was single or not. It would appear she is not single. It don’t matter, I plan to start online dating this January anyway.

Point of that little story is, in the process of going on facebook to see if she was single; as can be expected, I stumbled across some images that I should avoid. Now, these images were all PG rated. If I was at the public library, and the librarian saw these images on my computer screen, she wouldn’t have thought twice (maybe one image was slightly higher elevated than PG but not by much). They were just normal facebook pictures, it probably just seems slightly bad in my mind because I’m on hard mode...

I had to confess that. You all are the priest, this website is the confessional room, and I just had confession. Thanks.

15. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

I guess I’m buying the beer.

16. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

Well, I officially relapsed. I reset the counter and I’m back at it. But the first 24 hours after a relapse is a bitch. My brains going to be coming up with every reason in the book to binge. I cannot take back what I done thus far, but at least I can relapse with dignity: AKA no binging. Here we go.

17. webdevil81

webdevil81 Fapstronaut

NOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky for you I have quit drinking.

Just keep at it mate, you still got 90 days before New Year.

RightEffort and ANewFocus like this.
  18. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I did this successfully in 2011. Started exercising and dieting in November. Realized mistakes. By January, I was able to focus and with diet and exercise lost 30 pounds in 16 weeks. Thanks for reminding me of this strategy!

boyrose likes this.
  19. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I’ve binged a lot in the last few months. Work, exercise, diet, happiness, attention span, all go to crapper when I binge.

20. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

Day 11 - work sucks, everything with the wife is horrible (also wondering if it is worth the effort), life overall seems pointless. I've picked up the phone 3 times in the last hour to start looking at P, but put it down. So at least I've got that going for me. In this moment, staying clean is about the only thing I am finding any meaning in, so I better stay with the program.