1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Netflix is supporting pedophilia

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by brilliantidiot, Aug 22, 2020.

1. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Taken from the IMDB page for the movie. This is all I could fit onto one screenshot. Note how one of the situations that happens is literal child nudity. This is pedophilia.

upload_2020-9-25_9-24-37.png

If this movie is supposedly anti child sexualisation then it fails at its message. This would be like a movie that is against violence actually killing its actors for real to prove that point. Before anyone asks if I watched it, no I didn't, and knowing the contents of the movie I dont need to!

Attached Files:

2. SeaChange

SeaChange Fapstronaut

I think the movie is giving an honest depiction of what society is like today and then critiquing it. This movie is not a part of some pedo plot, again it was created by a French-Senegalese woman who wanted to share what it was like being torn between these two wildly different cultures.

Honestly, yes you should be angry about the realities this movie depicts, yes it is disgusting how girls are being sexualized at younger and younger ages. These problems existed long before this movie came out and this movie is trying to highlight them and show how awful it is to grow up as a young girl in our society. This movie is not sexualizing girls, unfortunately that has already happened.

By getting mad at just this movie we're missing the point. Yes, be mad at little girl beauty pageants, be mad at people who start "count down timers" for underaged stars, be mad at people who earnestly think that things like twerking at age 11 is empowering, just don't be mad at the person who is trying to raise attention.

Yes, this is all pretty awful, I'm not saying it isn't, but like don't you realize all of this stuff already exists? What do you think kids are doing on TikTok? Be angry at platforms like that which exist as hunting grounds for actual pedophiles.

Exoffender and sclguy like this.
  3. If one casts a discerning eye over today's entertainment many problems arise. Frankly modern films, tv series, reality tv and pop music are decadent. Sexual perversion, exploitation of the vulnerable, and Satanism is ubiquitous.

4. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

"Trying to raise attention at sexualisation of children." - accomplishes this by sexualising children. Do you genuinely not see what the issue is here? Your argument presents a false dichotomy where we can seemingly only be mad at one of two things, and to that I say, why not both? The children in the movie were not animated characters, or wax models, (and it would still be wrong if they were) they were real children who were sexualised in a disgusting manner, and after that point I dont give a damn what the directors point was. Cant wait for Netflix to pump out a movie where they torture a real life dog to death then end with white text that says "Killing animals is wrong."

5. SeaChange

SeaChange Fapstronaut

Sigh, if you actually watched the movie you'd realize how over blown this all is. I just streamed the damn thing and it...was pretty depressing more than anything else. Like yeah the parts everyone are talking about with 11 year olds dancing are pretty sickening but it's like 5% of the movie and its presented in a way that's supposed to make you think "this isn't right".

I'll leave you with these interesting statistics from Screen Engine and PostVOD which conducted "exit" surveys for people who watched Cuties:

Screen Engine:
    52 percent of viewers so that the only reason they watched the movie was because of the controversy
    29 percent said it was a major reason

PostVOD:
    72 percent said they thought the controversy was "overblown" once they actually saw the movie, of that group, 38 percent strongly agreed. (the sample size was 96 viewers which I know is small and I'd have liked a bigger one but eh, the lopsidedness is the point)

Of course when it comes to statistics and surveys there is always a bit of selection bias going on - perhaps the people who are most susceptible to remaining outraged by these things will never dare watch it, however the fact that a majority of watchers streamed the film because of the outrage and a majority of watchers also thought the controversy was overblown says something.

sclguy likes this.
  6. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

This goes beyond just having little girls dancing suggestively, to featuring scenes of underage nudity, it doesnt matter if its 1% of the movie, doesnt matter if its one single frame, underage nudity is paedophilia no matter how you try to frame it. Of course it makes you think "this isnt right," and I would be extremely suspicious of anyone of anyone who said otherwise. Why? Because its paedophilia.

This survey is meaningless, and not just because the sample size is too small to be relevant, but also because its an argument from popularity, which is a logical fallacy. You could tell me a million people all thought the movie was a masterpiece and they would still all be wrong. Depicting sexualisation of children, or to be more specific the fact it exists and happens, isnt NECCESARILY a moral wrong, depending on the context, I am sure other movies, TV shows, books etc, have handled this kind of thing better. But this movie crosses a line into being straight up pedo bait and that is an absolute moral wrong. Any kind of semantic argument regarding creative intentions or anything along those lines falls into complete insignificance based simply on the objective content of the movie.

7. SoaringEagle

SoaringEagle Fapstronaut

I agree with AtomicTango, under no circumstance should children be sexualized, it doesn't matter what pretext some "artist" try to pass it under.
    For example, should a director wanting to raise awareness about child molestation or rape put it on film and make auditions for it? These lines should never be crossed.

I still think boycotting netflix, also the sundance festival which was co-founded by a pedophile and seems to be promoting pedophilia should be a priority. It would make the pedos think twice before trying to promote their perversions. Also the parents of the children who made the cast and let their girls twerk for pedos for auditions need to be held accountable.
    But we live in a world where everything is upside down and I wouldn't surprised if they later in time give awards for those who were responsible for normalizing pedophilia.

8. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I really dont get why this is so hard to understand. This isnt like some movies that deal with uncomfortable sexual subjects. The obvious example is American Beauty, a movie about a man who falls in love with his daughters teenage friend. The difference between something like Cuties and American Beauty however, is that the actress who played the teenage daughter was not literally a teenager, she was 20. The girls in Cuties are underage both as the characters they play and as their real selves, so when you see them expose themselves and act the way they do, you are literally seeing a child do those things, you are literally seeing a childs expose themselves. How is this anything but utterly depraved, no matter the intention?

9. Well, it's an American company. What did you expect?

10. SoaringEagle

SoaringEagle Fapstronaut

While the Americans deserve part of the blame for being easily manipulated by a small tribe like all of humanity. A gentle reminder that Marc Randolph the CEO and co-founder of netflix is actually related to Sigmund Frued and Edward Bernays! And that's honestly all you need to know about netflix!

It's a big club and you ain't in it!

Mr. Kruger likes this.
  11. Oh, I see. Thanks for info.

SoaringEagle likes this.
  12. ThePeakWae

ThePeakWae Fapstronaut

It´s disgusting, this is like MHA 2.0 Western version, dont watch that shit guys, it´s poison!

13. Lillercoaster

Lillercoaster Fapstronaut

I think it was pretty good and a liberal message! I really enjoyed it!

14. Mr. Kruger

Mr. Kruger Fapstronaut

Don't you ever get bored of trolling here? Or, judging by your other posts, you might be a paid saboteur.

15. Lillercoaster

I am just giving my opinion!

16. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Checks out, no offense.

SoaringEagle and Mr. Kruger like this.
  17. Mr. Kruger

Mr. Kruger Fapstronaut

This stooge has been here for a few weeks now. Mods are slacking lately.

brilliantidiot likes this.
  18. Lillercoaster

I have all the right to be here! Just like you... Please be civil.

19. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

20. CaroKann

CaroKann Fapstronaut

Please dont confuse opinions with "the truth" especially when it is something so vile, it also comes across very arrogant.