1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The START 2021 STRONGER Challenge [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Sep 3, 2020.

1. @master3

I applaud your courage. I too left NoFap and drove deeper and deeper into despair and hopelessness. I know how it feels to have to pull yourself out of that moment and find a shred of light in the darkness and take the first step towards that light.
    Welcome to the challenge. I hope you find that extra push to be better and want more and achieve more. Adding you to the PLATINUM tier, the 100 day cutoff has passed.

Best,

BC

master3 and Chakra_Serpent like this.
  2. Teutão

Teutão Fapstronaut

3. Gregory S

Gregory S Fapstronaut

56 and counting. I will tell this cock when it's gonna cum, not the other way around.

4. banana man

banana man Fapstronaut

5. I appreciate that, Compass. I appreciate both being added to the challenge and I appreciate your response.

I'll be here doing just that, man. Leading by example. Acknowledging my own responsibility (including weaknesses), and helping others up where I can.

We DO got this.

6. Schia

Schia Fapstronaut

Thirty days completed. As I write, it is almost 6am, and I’ve been awake for almost four hours. I’m tired, but can’t sleep. Times like these are some of the toughest for getting through. Resolve is weak, the thought that PMO might help knock me out. It won’t, it’ll just make me sad. And the wife rule is a good one - she’d feel horrible if she found out I’d fallen off the wagon.

I’ll take the short term hit of tiredness for the long term benefits of no PMO.

7. I know the weekend is over but... maybe this will help anyway?

This is what has worked for me when I'm facing that urge to relapse before a new checkpoint:

In your imagination, fast forward to a later moment in time.
    December 31 or January 1st might be a good fit since the urge is to drop down into the 90 day tier.
    Also, imagining a closer date helps me sometimes since it feels... well, closer.

Imagine at that time looking back and "dwelling in the winning feeling" of having stayed clean over that whole span, including the time you're currently tempted to relapse over. Give it some real attention.

Allow yourself to really enjoy the successful feeling.

For a bonus, you can then compare it to the image you have if you don't stay clean over the time you're tempted to toss.

I hope this helps.

PS:
    Here's a little spoiler. I wanted to include this separately to give you a chance to try the visualization yourself before hearing my experience.

For me, usually that first visualization is clear, and certain.

The 2nd is usually less clear and less certain.
    Probably because the interference of the idea of a relapse shakes up my confidence.

In my experience, recognition of that helps me stay focused on the first visualization and helps me stick to it.

8. Assign Me Another Strike :(
    I Relapsed
    Restarting The Streak
    Demote me to gold :(

9. Gold is still gold, brother. Stay in there :)

10. Thank You Buddy :)

11. John Uskglass

John Uskglass Fapstronaut

Checking in to start the week. I think I am on day 5 of this challenge. No incidents over the weekend. Started back up on a little bit of strength training. Shocking degree of soreness over a little ole workout!

12. New Focus

New Focus Fapstronaut

As someone who has relapsed every 3-7 days over the course of decades, a realization we all need is that when we give in, it is so much easier to give in the next time your brain is convincing you that PMO is the best thing for you at the moment.

It is still September, so for those that had a chink over the weekend, real change can be yours by by 2021.

Happy Monday!

13. New Focus

New Focus Fapstronaut

Heed the sign brother. Great job on righting the ship. Do not invite urges in...

14. So happy to read your response and the positive affirmation that my thoughts got through instead of being blocked out. As an old friend of mine would say about stepping up.... "If not you, then who"?

John Uskglass and Chakra_Serpent like this.
  15. My alarm messed up. I'm scrambling, but I'm going to get a walk in. 3 miles+/-. Did not masturbate last night or this morning, although I was a little "too aware" of myself this morning. Had to jump up and get the heck out of bed

16. ToMMy.H

ToMMy.H Fapstronaut

Hey guys!
    I am still wrestling with a giant.
    I must say last couple of days feeling constantly tired - probably because of my work, gym, lot of walks, was very active last couple of days.

I can see that the sexual fantasies are not that crazy and intense. I try the aproach which you find in almost any meditation - observe the thought, dont engage in it, let it go.

I can also see that I dont get trigerred so easy anymore.

Now my goal is to let go of the fantasies -> sometimes i get pretty decent erection just from thoughts because I started to fantasize quite intensely.

I can also observe mood swings. Sometimes I feel so good and the other times I feel like shit.

17. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

Day 14 - rough weekend, many emotional relationship stresses with the wife. Not about to get any better in the coming days except there will be work to focus on for both me and the wife. I managed to stay clean, barely. Mondays are often when I relapse so I have to stay aware. Started out this morning with some mental discipline and structure to re-fuel my resolve and give my coping skills a chance to work today. Stay strong everyone.

18. Bean43

Bean43 Fapstronaut

I would love to join if you guys are still accepting people.