1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Dex66

Dex66 Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group

Timber, Jerky and JJ_Kino like this.
  2. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

Today my urges have been ramping up. When i am tempted i will remember that what i believe i am chasing is only but a momentary release which really has greater consequences than the sought after 'pleasure' could ever give. The peak euphoria is only but momentary as i begin the inevitable decline toward the pit of anguish despair. Nothing is worth losing my clean time over. To throw it all away for 17 seconds (yep, i timed it once) is not worth it not even in the very least.

3. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

Very well said. 17 seconds certainly puts it all in perspective given the amount of time you can feel bad afterwards.

4. David2018

David2018 Fapstronaut

1 day. That's 1 more than yesterday.

GottaBFree, artifact and Jerky like this.
  5. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Friday check in.

Urges are getting stronger now.

GottaBFree, NICEDUDE and Jerky like this.
  6. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

Yep. I agree. Same for me. No workout last night so that didn't help but tonight i make up for that and i will be satisfied with my effort.

NICEDUDE and artifact like this.
  7. Don't give up. We've got to keep climbing.

John Call and JJ_Kino like this.
  8. Hi Dex66. You are in luck, we have an opening for you. I will add you to the member ranking tonight.

John Call, JJ_Kino and Dex66 like this.
  9. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

@artifact thank you. Stay strong everyone as we head into the weekend.

artifact and JJ_Kino like this.
  10. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

Found this writing on a completely unrelated subject. Well, sort of:

"For every up there must be a down:

Anything that makes you feel good (even if it isn’t a drug) creates a sense of being ‘up’. When you stop the substance or activity (whatever it is) the ‘up’ goes away. OK, in reality you’re just returning to ‘normal’, but the comparison now feels like ‘down’. The good feeling has gone away, and the ‘normal’ feeling that returns no longer feels like normal. Your sense of ‘normal’ has been re-adjusted upwards. ‘Normal’ now feels like ‘down’."

For myself, i must be reminded it will take time to get back "up" to normal if i were to give in, which i am not doing. Though i am met with challenging urges the past few days, I remain strong in the Lord.

I know the bottom well and i don't want to be there. Too low for me to go especially after being on my way up. Must keep moving. Don't look down.

NICEDUDE, artifact and JJ_Kino like this.
  11. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Three weeks on hard mode is quite a commendable progress. I relapsed on day 22 last month and since then this chaser effect has been haunting me badly. Need to gather my will force and start afresh.

GottaBFree, artifact and JJ_Kino like this.
  12. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Day 16 of sober October. No booze and no P - no problem.

I masturbated yesterday. Again, felt like the pressure was ramping up and I kept thinking about M for days.

I have been having urges to M for days on end. It’s easier to M and get it out of the way than to constantly think about it. The problem is that I really feel drained after and that feeling is there for 24-48 hours.

I am planning to just meditate when the urges get stronger and just sit with them. Let them wash over me. I have done this before. They go away eventually.

13. John Call

John Call Fapstronaut

Checking in and starting fresh. Day 2 of a new streak in this journey of NoFap.

GottaBFree and JJ_Kino like this.
  14. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

I dreamt i relapsed. Is this common?

GottaBFree and JJ_Kino like this.
  15. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

I've had that twice, last was a few days a go.

Woke up in doubt and felt gutted then I realized it was a dream but felt so real.

Crazy hahaha

GottaBFree and artifact like this.
  16. Doesn't count as a relapse, in my opinion. People generally can't control their dreams. Hope you can keep that streak going to 90 days.

GottaBFree, Rebooter13 and JJ_Kino like this.
  17. Saw a racy gif on Facebook and in the past it would have taken me down quick, but this time I thought "Hell no! You're not ending my streak!" I'm riding this thing all the way to November!

18. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

Thank God. I didn't imagine it would. In the dream it wasn't P or even full M but more like post-E'ing and wondering what to do next to avoid full-on relapse. I've been there many times before. I haven't gone there this streak. I am used to intensive urges during this 3rd trimester of 90 days. I usually relapse but not today. I have a day planned of housework and exercise. Tonight will be a creative endeavor.
    Nothing feels as good as remaining clean does.

NICEDUDE, JJ_Kino and artifact like this.
  19. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

Thats the Spirit! I'm right there with you. Through Novemeber and Beyond!! (one day at a time, of course)

20. Didn't make it this time, but thanks for the encouragement. Seems like whenever I make vows of success they are always followed with a relapse. It's like my addiction is punching me in the face or something. I truly wish I could be free of this endless cycle of P and M. Oh well, starting over.

Merry Terry, JJ_Kino and Rebooter13 like this.