1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Athens Academy

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Casper400

Casper400 Fapstronaut

a) Watched 2 x Science modules today
    b) Will read 3 chapter of the Old Testament Bible and 1 Chapter of John New Testament Bible

fg4795 and Fighter_4_life like this.
  2. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Yesterday 5+ hours
    Today 5+ hours

3. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Yesterday =8 hour work
    Today = 5 hours..
    I did not know I could be this hard working...
    Whatever . .

Tomarrow I will be taking a rest
    And let's then get back to race

4. I am on the books permanently .

fg4795 and Fighter_4_life like this.
  5. Anyone reads philosophy books?

Box987, fg4795 and Leader of ME like this.
  6. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Hello people..
    Here is some motivation if any of you are suffering from concentration problems :( like me)

Here are some wise words from universal man

Greetings Conqueror,

One of the most frustrating cycles I've faced on the battlefield of the will is that late-afternoon/evening realization that you didn't get nearly as much done as you wanted to for the day.

Often this would hit when I was elbow deep in some junk food, eyes stinging from staring at a screen, and brain fried from escapism and NOT from any sort of productive effort.

Back when I was really a mess, this would just drive me DEEPER into escapism - maybe needing to turn to something like p*rn in order to take the edge of frustration off.

The best you can do at this point is to try to learn from your mistakes and set plans to do better next time
    (see my Metascript Method on how to do this).

In the process of doing this, I found that things tended to turn south when I felt like I "needed a break".

A "break" for the modern person tends to mean "I want some low-value dopamine stimulation."

After doing a bit of work, I almost ALWAYS felt like I needed this. Sometimes, I felt like I needed this as soon as I woke up because I was already stressed!

This meant it was time to click some social media, internet surfing, videogames, or whatever it is I felt would feed my neurochemical sweet tooth.

For an embarrassingly long time, I couldn't seem to figure out why my days kept disappearing in an escapist haze...

Until I realized that my "breaks" weren't actually BREAKS!

A break should recharge you.

It should rejuvenate you to the point where you feel like you are ready to go back into productive action.

But "dopaminergic escapes" don't do that - they actually drain you FURTHER.

Basically I was always caught in the cycle of feeling like I needed a break from my "break"!

I realized that the next key to my discipline was to actually focus on being disciplined with RELAXATION.

Instead of trying to figure out how to make sure I forced myself to work harder...

I actually just needed to be better at doing the things that rejuvenated, centered, and focused me rather than doing the things that stimulated but ultimately drained me.

So here are some simple things that you can use to replace your BS anti-breaks:

- Nutritious Meals
    - 10 Minute Walks
    - Stretching
    - Quietly sitting and sipping coffee while staring out a window thinking
    - Exercise
    - Doing a menial chore you don't mind

If your work is more physically oriented, then you could potentially even throw in more mentally stimulating stuff like reading.

The key is to make sure it's something that you'll naturally "be done with" after a bit of time... instead of something that has you reaching for one more scroll, one more game, one more episode etc.

This is very different from a lot of electronic stimulation that you'll have to force yourself off of because the infinite novelty will keep your brain wanting to click.

Keep winning,
    Mark "Commander Q" Queppet

Leader of ME, Zeezee and fg4795 like this.
  7. Was out on mission.
    Mindset is always on the learning.
    Can't know the exact hours. But they will never be enough ;)

Leader of ME likes this.
  8. FallingPetals

FallingPetals Fapstronaut

Very helpful. Thanks for sharing! I have been struggling with my break system as well. Despite deciding that I wont use my phone or any screen as a form of break, I haven’t been able to act on it. Looks like I have another addiction to break...challenge accepted ;)

9. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

10. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

11. FallingPetals

20/10
    Studying/worked on reports-3 hours

....... likes this.
  12. I am still here! Arthrology and embryology, idk, maybe, for 8 hours?

13. FallingPetals

bruh...how do you guys even...I mean that's awesome but HOW do you guys study for so many hours? What is the trick? Am i missing something lol?

....... likes this.
  14. I am slowly losing my will of power. :D The earlier week I was studying somewhere above 10 hours. :D
    IDK how others, but I am just really serious about blocking the internet. It is still a life-changer to me. And I spend 10 hours from Monday to Friday in the faculty. I think I shall study, even more, there is a popular statement that medical students shall study for 13 hours. o_O Basically all this time steals anatomy - there isn't easy to find any super lifehack for this stuff, you just need to memorize. Btw, I am a first-year student, so IDK how it will be later.

......., Box987 and Fighter_4_life like this.
  15. FallingPetals

aaaah that explains it. :p Im in my last year (engineering) and have lost all will power lol.

Medicine? Respect +. Keep up the great work ;)

HE^MAN, Leader of ME, ....... and 2 others like this.
  16. Thank you! ;)

....... and Zeezee like this.
  17. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Well right now i have two dreams going past 30 days and studying consistently for 8 hours...
    And i guess you are living one (maybe two) of them
    Congratulations

Leader of ME and ....... like this.