1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling anxious... What do I do?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Batdrew, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Batdrew

Batdrew Fapstronaut

The thing is that I am a shy person, I almost always feel nervous when I interact with other people other than my close family. I just don't know why that happens to me. Today a friend of mine is coming to my place to give me a birthday present (my birthday was on wednesday). I don't usually invite people to my place, but this time I accepted because I thought she would only give me the present, maybe talk for 5 minutes or so, and she would go, but apparently she pretends to stay a little bit longer than I thought. I normally feel nervous just because of interacting but now I feel even more nervous because it is going to be in my place. It just feels a little uncomfortable for me. Besides, tonight I will hang out with another friend (a girl as well), with whom I have had a couple of sexual encounters before. I don't know but I can't stop feeling anxious because of these two interactions. I don't know why I feel like this and I don't know what to do about it. I can't even do my homework because I can't stop thinking about this and feeling this way. I just hope it goes well.
    I need some help.

2. Queek The HeadTakker

Queek The HeadTakker Fapstronaut

Lol some guys dream of having girls to talk, you seem to spark interest on girls , chill out relax and enjoy that , unless your gay

3. Batdrew

Batdrew Fapstronaut

True, I hadn't seen it that way. However, I still feel so nervous. Anyway, thanks for replying, man.

Queek The HeadTakker likes this.
  4. Queek The HeadTakker

Something that helps with anxiety is the stoic philosophy i recommend you taking a look on that

Henryforward likes this.
  5. Batdrew

Batdrew Fapstronaut

I've listened that term. Can you tell me what is it about?

6. Queek The HeadTakker

Batdrew and TudoBem23 like this.
  7. Aurelius is the Man. Respect.

Queek The HeadTakker likes this.
  8. What does her visit really mean to you? Does it hurt you? Is it the fact that she wants to see you or the fact that you're not use to get friends at your place that makes you nervous?

9. Batdrew

Batdrew Fapstronaut

Both. I just don't know why am I so coward when it comes to face to face interactions... I get so nervous and I can't be myself, I can't flow the way I'd like to. I am funny and interesting behind the screen, but once I go and see people in real life, I just don't feel like I do when I'm behind the screen, conservations doesn't feel natural and I am constantly touching my face and hair because I can't deal with my awkwardness. I don't struggle to maintain visual contact, but I often focus too much in doing that instead of actually paying attention to what the other person is saying.

10. Esteguy

Esteguy New Fapstronaut

Sames, just always remember that you're not alone. I also stuggle communicating with others, including my family members. It is very difficult and frustrating, and leads to stuttering anf stammering. I'm on Day 1 of my No Fab journey, because I want to be a better, stronger, and more confident person.

Batdrew likes this.
  11. newstartolife

newstartolife Fapstronaut