1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

2. WhateverItTakes2end

WhateverItTakes2end Fapstronaut

3. Day 14.

Yesterday I started reading YBOP and while it's very interesting I feel I'm triggered by it and feel i shouldn't read it. Does anyone else get triggered like this?

4. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

In my experience there are some things that can be really big triggers for me but it doesnt mean they can be for others , so in those cases I usually try to avoid those things because in my case they can be a danger in a moment of weakness. I hope that helps hehe . ;)

5. jimmyanderson

jimmyanderson Fapstronaut

6. thikk

thikk Fapstronaut

Day 100. Still going strong, but a long while till the next update. So I dropped by to wish That you find yourselves in this journey and take control. Stay strong lads.

7. Day 2 complete. I've been spending a lot of time as an Orc, heh.

I have to read a novel for one of my classes that has a few scenes which I wouldn't call "graphic," exactly, but the language can be explicit. As I was grinding through another chapter today I felt that the material could be triggering to me, or at least that it might put me in a mindset to be more easily triggered. I got through the reading just fine, but first I took a few moments to pull my head out of that space and deliberately center myself to be conscious of the temptations.

8. Strugglingforyears

Strugglingforyears Fapstronaut

Day 300

I enter the tower of Cirith Ungol, the fortress that guards the passage to Mordor.

9. Taran7

Taran7 Fapstronaut

Day 9
    Staying strong!!Any tips for picking up meditation?

10. Ciceron

Ciceron Fapstronaut

Day 21.

I´m in Bree, enjoying the beer of The Prancing Pony.

11. unexpectedjellyfish

unexpectedjellyfish Fapstronaut

Fkn awesome bro! Congrats!

12. UpInSmokeTour

UpInSmokeTour Fapstronaut

13. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

Day 14. Tomorrow I'll be a hobbit! I'm pumped!

14. LivingCreature

LivingCreature Fapstronaut

Day 1. Feeling the urge. Really looking forward to not being a filthy orc, wish me luck

15. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 6 Uruk – Hai. Ok we are still in this journey and looking forward , victory is ahead, lets keep walking step by step :):emoji_muscle:

16. liona

liona Fapstronaut

I personally struggled to get a meditation habit working for me. What did help me eventually was to start very small, with 1-2 minute meditations. If you're better with sitting still you could also start with 5 minutes, or whatever feels comfortable. Having a fixed time also helps, I do it first thing in the morning. I like to use an app for a timer, "Insight Timer" at the moment. The app also has some guided meditation if you don't like sitting in silence :)
    I also usually have a mantra for the day. Something like "today I feel good about myself" and repeat that in my head while meditating.
    Good luck with your practice :)

17. liona

liona Fapstronaut

Day 18

Okay day, killed some frustration with a shower and cleaning. I'm very happy that my mind gave me a productive and not destructive way out :)