1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Keep it up.

2. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 8 Uruk – Hai , The PMO wants to have me captive but I'm not gonna let him , this man wants to be free so he is gonna fight for that day by day. lets keep doing this. ;):emoji_muscle:

3. You can do it. Keep it up.

4. Ashen One

Ashen One Fapstronaut

5. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Come on bro you can do it, thats what the PMO wants, but you are better than that and you can defeat it, lets fight again and again until the victory came ;)

6. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 11.

Feeling the Uruk-hai power; so much stronger than regular orc power.

7. Taran7

Taran7 Fapstronaut

Day 11
    I am sick at home the entire day.Managed to fight off the urges quite easilly but i am feeling really bad.

8. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

on top of the screen there´s an icon that says "update day counter", there you can set your counter ;)

9. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

Checking in for day 6 - I am an Uruk-Hai now!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  10. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

One more day my brothers and sisters :)

Let´s welcome the new members of the Companion:

@Muhammad Husayn
    @newmesp

The following members have upgraded and reach places in Middle Earth. Congratulations!!! ;)

@liona – Bree / Eriador
    @UpInSmokeTour – Elf / Rivendell
    @CrimsnBlade – Hobbit / Hobbiton (now on the journey to destroy the ring. Good luck bro!!! :) )
    @Ashen One – Dwarf / Anduin River
    @belio123 - Uruk-Hai

A huge wave of support to our brothers @Taran7 , @jimmyanderson and @Cyanea which are facing hard times now. Courage my brothers, you can do it!!!

Happy birthday to our brother @WhateverItTakes2end :). Congratulations bro!!! :)

Have a great day Fellowship!!! :)

Here´s some inspiration from Pinochio, particulary the part of Pleasure Island. A good metaphor for addictions and why a life of indulgence never pays out.

From the blog, http://philromo.com/blog/2017/6/29/pinocchio-a-philosophical-dissertation.

"The psychology of Pinocchio

(…)
    Collodi and Disney are expressing a metaphor for moral corruption and hedonism in the role of Pleasure Island. The implication that a lack of self discipline and a constant impulsive pursuit of vice will eventually lead to slavery.

On Pleasure Island the young boys are encouraged to engage in all manner of excess. Free food, games, beer, cigars and the wanton destruction of property. All the while, none of the boys on the island question what the penalty for such behavior could possibly be.

(…)
    The young boys of Pleasure Island soon discover that they are transforming into donkeys. The Coachman has lured them onto the island to get free labor to work as beasts of burden. Note the shadowy black figures that assist in the boys slavery.

It is a sobering display of cruelty. A vision of hell captured on film under the guise of a children's movie.

The writers and animators are not merely portraying a fantasy scenario. This is what happens to humans throughout history. People are marginalized, targeted, raped, murdered and enslaved over and over again through the ages. This is the story of human history, the dark backstory to human achievements brought on by the blood, tears and toil of untold millions.

More so than this, people still experience this form of mental slavery today. Those that engage in a life of constant hedonism and selfishness early in their lives wind up enslaved later on in life. They wind up enslaved to an ideology, a job they despise or a loveless marriage (sold to the salt mines, sold to the circus) and spout someone else's opinion like a braying jackass incapable of their own thoughts. You see them every day on social media. They share and repost whatever propaganda that they have bought into and have no original ideas to back up their mindless meandering.

Then they call it "being an individual".

Remember this, meditate on this and contemplate it for the next several weeks. If you're doing it right, the quote should terrify you and change you and the way you see the world."

11. jimmyanderson

jimmyanderson Fapstronaut

Most welcome Bro

12. Julito

Julito Fapstronaut

13. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

Man the amount of work you put into this is really remarkable, I think I speak for everyone here when I say we appreciate it. Thank you!

14. rotten_tomato

rotten_tomato Fapstronaut

15. LivingCreature

LivingCreature Fapstronaut

Day 3
    Today was better in terms of urges but not in my mood. Got rid of all the games i had installed and started exercising too.
    Also thank you Rise for your guide, it really helps (even thought i am only at 10th point), tried the breathing technigue from Wim Hof and its breathtaking what can you accomplish only by breathing. If you guys know any other powerful ones, please let me know, i will surely try them :)
    yeah and thanks you all for the counter info. as you can see, it helped

16. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

17. Teutão

Teutão Fapstronaut

18. WhateverItTakes2end

WhateverItTakes2end Fapstronaut

19. jimmyanderson

jimmyanderson Fapstronaut

20. Michael Sternig

Michael Sternig Fapstronaut

I restart over at day 0. I'm pretty much addicted and need to detox myself