1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I need help

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Beekay148, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Beekay148

Beekay148 Fapstronaut

Hi guys,

I've been on NoFap for a couple of weeks now (previously i was on a 3 month streak and relapse) but i can't help but to feel demotivated and fatigued every single day.

Any advice that you guys could give to help me get back my energy and motivation?

I'm supposed to take a driving test but then due to this, i can't quite focus on studies as i am also having trouble trying to absorb information.

I'm trying to make a habit of exercising every morning (so far i just do 30 pushups and 3 sets of jumping jacks) and drinking lots of plain water and also cold showers, but i still feel the same

2. gaccts82

gaccts82 Fapstronaut

What I found helpful to me is creating a plan for my day that doesn't leave me any free time to think. This makes me go go go and I find that I am happier when I am like this.

Beekay148 likes this.
  3. Beekay148

Beekay148 Fapstronaut

Hey bro, thanks for replying. You mean you use a calendar or some sort to plan out your day? Does it really help?

Thanks!

4. Agent

Agent Fapstronaut

Try to separate your day by parts, morning afternoon and evening, and choose some stuff that bring you some joy doing in those 3 parts of the day, makes it easier

5. gaccts82

gaccts82 Fapstronaut

i just write a list of things that i wanna do and check them off as i do em

Beekay148 likes this.
  6. If you can do some kind of meditation to clear your mind, it could help. Anxiety builds up for me and it is helpful to meditate on something. Even just 5 minutes of meditating on selflessness, or listing 5 things about the previous day that you are thankful for and really thinking about them, could help.

7. As my brothers said above, writing down your plans and doing them no matter you are motivated or not, even small ones like keeping your room tidy, will give you some sense of fulfilling and self confidence which makes you thirsty to even do more and more.

Beekay148 likes this.
  8. Hey man,

sorry to hear about the 3 months relapse but we've all been there, it's a marathon not a race. Your still on this site so your in the right frame of mind! All the above advice is great to be fair but if you want to physiologically improve your mood, willpower, clarity, energy, and health try breath-work. You can literally get high on your own supply in 10-15 minutes.

Personally I have found breath-work to help with the tiredness and lack of motivation after a similar relapse. Breath-work improves energy almost immediately then improves will power, mental clarity and mood. Longer term it improves the immune system, blood circulation, sleep quality and general health. You add in a cold shower straight after and you'll feel on top of the world but at least try the breath work.

Wim Hofs breath work is super easy to understand, a great example of how it enhances you and it's being backed by science more and more everyday. Big deep breaths in, gentle unforced exhales out. Embrace the tingly sensation and light headed feeling, you're doing it right. Try follow this one:

Beekay148 likes this.
  9. pin

pin Fapstronaut

Start a workout routine. I work during mornings so I exercise in the evening. This really helps. Give me energy and also helps me relax a few hours after. The bottom line is, start a workout routine that you can do a few times a week. Maybe one day just do a fat burn option on the treadmill.

Read something encouraging this helps also read the Bible psalms. Watch some 4k videos on nature and scenes from various countries in the world. These are all uplifting.

Beekay148 likes this.
  10. Beekay148

Beekay148 Fapstronaut

I heard alot of about mindfulness meditation and it's benefits but my only problem is i have trouble sitting still unless i'm doing something :/ i should find a way to get it sorted

11. Beekay148

Beekay148 Fapstronaut

Yeah, i'd normally do house chores and workout at certain mornings (unless i have to rush off somewhere) but idk like when i try to get up to do something productive, the motivation is just not there

mr.mistakeful likes this.
  12. Beekay148

Beekay148 Fapstronaut

Currently trying that now, like listing schedules through google calendar. Haven't been disciplined in following it so far, (like i'd be 30 minutes late or so for the task that i've planned such as sleep/exercise)

13. Beekay148

Beekay148 Fapstronaut

Thanks brotha, this is something new to me. i actually did it this morning and it sort of reminded me of mindfulness meditation, like i'd be concentrating to the enviroment the moment i hold my breath. I did it after i exercised and had a breakfast + cold shower afterwards. I feel slightly better afterwards

14. Beekay148

Beekay148 Fapstronaut

Trying hard to stick to my morning workout routines at the moment. Thank you for your advice appreciate it

pin likes this.