1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

Day 50 - checking in. Going to try to limit time on this site for a few days. See if I can find another way to divert my addict behavior, that doesn't involve the internet. In one sense I've replaced one internet habit for another, although I'd certainly take coming here than to P sites. It's gotten me to 50 days and for that I am thankful, and to all of my brothers here too that have helped me. Stay strong.

GottaBFree and Circleinthesquare like this.
  2. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

keep on the path, you can do this!

3. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

Thank you friend, it was not without the support of this group and this community as a whole. I am truly grateful to have been shown a better way

GottaBFree, tonyk1982 and artifact like this.
  4. Congrats @Jerky ! You are now a member of the 90 Day Hall of Achievement. :emoji_trophy::emoji_lifter::emoji_juggling: Thanks for being a great example for the rest of us.

5. magvor

magvor Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Checking in. Spent the last week on "holiday," doing lots of jobs around the house.

Feeling pretty positive.

6. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

Thank you for this group. It is a wonderful experience to be a part of. I feel enlightened today. There is a better way. I don't have to give in. Thank GOD and all of you for showing me the way out. I am forever grateful

Timber, GottaBFree, artifact and 2 others like this.
  7. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

8. Checking...failing miserably again, tough times. Starting afresh today with new commitment and will try and get to 5 days then take it from there

Circleinthesquare and Jerky like this.
  9. magvor

magvor Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Feeling a few urges. Trying to focus on work. Must keep going.

10. Circleinthesquare

Thursday done - just staying on the laptop next to family...

GottaBFree, artifact and Jerky like this.
  11. Sometimes I think of Monday as vacation from the weekend. But you are right about the rest. :D

Jerky and GottaBFree like this.
  12. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Resetting

Feels like ground 0 all over again

Jerky and JJ_Kino like this.
  13. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

In a bad slump again.

GottaBFree and Jerky like this.
  14. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

It gets better in time. The longer the clean time the better one feels. For me this is around 60 days. It's also when urges hit me harder.

Not fighting the urges helps me. I embrace them and appreciate them. I allow them to consume me but i do not allow them to manifest in the physical sense (MO).

I do believe my heightened state of arousal has allowed me a particular degree of physical satisfaction that i would not be able to achieve had i given in.

I live on the mental edge of giving into my lustful desires, but remind myself that giving in takes me back to the ground.

Ride the urges out when they hit. They last so much longer than a brief surge of pleasure and the emptiness that follows. And you get to decide how you will use this newly available energy to your own personal gain! Enjoy it.

Timber, artifact and JJ_Kino like this.
  15. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

It will pass. This is where we end up. All it takes is one time to start me up all over again.

My last PMO streak lasted 1 month and getting out of that was a hardship.

I am learning to live with lust. It's so much better for me to be 'bothered' all the time, it motivates me to use the energy productively. Like at the gym.

Don't give in to it. It may be difficult at first but when the days add up it's so worth it.

Raskolnikov II, artifact and JJ_Kino like this.
  16. Circleinthesquare

phew, hit friday and thats 5 days. feel good about the shark infested weekend. swim fast.

artifact likes this.
  17. That's a great perspective. I found myself edging a little today but managed to pull out of it. I'm so sick of the PM lifestyle.

tonyk1982 and Jerky like this.
  18. @Dex66 - Congrats on your 30 days! Hope all is well. :emoji_cocktail:

19. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I'm in a quitting mood. Really. I may need to just take a break and start again later.

JJ_Kino likes this.
  20. I understand your frustration, I too am struggling every day to get a decent streak going. Sometimes nofap seems like a war that can't be won, but we have members in the group who have proven otherwise. I hope you will not quit the group. Several other member quit in the past only to rejoin later. It is your choice, of course.