1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I would take a break but I don't think it would help. It's a war that must be won so little choice but to move forward.

2. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Starting afresh! Checking in...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    artifact, JJ_Kino and GottaBFree like this.
  3. WorldWanderer

WorldWanderer Fapstronaut

Checking in. After a week of failed attempts, I am now on day 10 and feeling good. Urges are strong but with the hopeful course reversal in America, I am stronger than ever and can defeat my bad habit/addiction.
    It's a new day!

artifact, JJ_Kino and discovery like this.
  4. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

This is how I've been feeling as well. I wouldn't call it quitting as much for me, as I haven't been making much of an attempt in the first place to quit from. It's a lack of motivation. As I've mentioned before, my lifestyle is the same as its been from the start of the pandemic. Very boring, stuck at home. It's hard for me to see the light at the end of the tunnel like this. It's hard to see the benefits of giving it up, but easy to see the withdrawal effects.

That being said, I'm making another attempt now. I, like many, fell victim to election stress. I read a news article about the spike in stress eating due to it. I, like many, have very sharp opinions about what is happening in the United States and the outcome of the election was a very big deal for me. I was practically glued to the coverage for the full 5 days and the only breaks I seemed to take were to eat, sleep and PMO. And I did binge PMO way more than usual during this period. If you saw me rack up some consecutive days on my counter that is only because I didn't update it.

But now its over, (mostly) and I feel a lot of closure. Time to refocus on other things.

Timber, artifact, JJ_Kino and 4 others like this.
  5. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

Day 55 - same old story as far as weekend stress. I've settled into a dull emotional state, neither excited nor distraught, but just sad deep down. I am firmly convinced that any PMO is going to make me feel worse than I already do, so part of me has changed enough that I am not retreating to that coping mechanism and bad behavior. About the only positive thing I feel in my life right now is that I am at my longest streak ever and it gives me hope that there will be some positive change for me in my life.

6. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Monday eve check in. Start again - always the weekends that get me. The slightest stimulus of ***** when watching a film and I'm away when I'm by myself...

7. There will be positives coming and you're right that PMO will only make you feel worse. Stay strong.

Timber, artifact, JJ_Kino and 2 others like this.
  8. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

What is "the end of the tunnel"? Some future point in time that will provide us a better life in some aspect? My nofap journey is moment to moment. As another hour passes, when that stress situation presents and I don't reach for the phone and go to a P site to salve my pain, when I have an urge or a memory of a P image and move along instead of acting upon it, that is my light - in that moment. I find benefit in the immediacy of that success. And then it is on to the next moment.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  9. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I've been feeling similar to @discovery

Some progress in rejoining the land of the living today. Shooting for day 2 on the counter.

10. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Let's do it once together!

GottaBFree, artifact, Jerky and 2 others like this.
  11. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Some excellent insight Tony. I've always viewed the NoFap journey as one leading to a goal well down the road instead of one that shows immediate benefits on a day-to-day, moment-to-moment basis. It is a wonderful and beneficial reframe. Right now I am 4 minutes into Day 3 and I feel nice and calm. That is my immediate success. Thanks.

12. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

Thanks @discovery . Nothing new in this concept though, many here speak of this technique of being in the moment. Simply taking what the current popular culture refers to as "mindfulness" and apply to recovery behavior. And we know mindfulness is based on eastern meditation techniques. Just breathe. I recently saw a post that someone using breathing and counting to six with visualization to break the grip of an urge or P memory. I think I'll add that to my toolkit.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    GottaBFree, discovery and JJ_Kino like this.
  13. It definitely would not help me. I spent half my life trying to quit PM on my own and only progress I ever made was since I've been in this group.

Jerky, GottaBFree and NICEDUDE like this.
  14. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Checking in. Feels like an important day to stay on track.

discovery and Jerky like this.
  15. David2018

David2018 Fapstronaut

Restarting..........I think I'm the worst at this.

artifact, NICEDUDE and Jerky like this.
  16. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

Me too. I tried quitting for years and it's only since I joined this site in June that I made any progress. What I learned here was that I was a PMO addict. Period. Do the work and face this. I'm approaching 60 days which has put a whole new perspective on my life. I'm very grateful for all the help here.

17. David2018

David2018 Fapstronaut

That's great to read Tonyk. Good luck on your journey. I hope to see you at 600 days.

artifact likes this.
  18. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

I’m in a state of torpor, and of my own making too. I have been acting on my urges, while trying to “observe” my behaviour. It’s not working anymore. It used to put distance between me and PMO, but it doesn’t anymore. Now it’s just one big mess and I feel in a haze.

Time to revisit my previous strategies. I think @Jerky has an excellent point about embracing the urges without PMO!

artifact and GottaBFree like this.
  19. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

Thanks man. I will be thankful for reaching the end of today staying clean. And then comes tomorrow.

@David2018 May I ask - what are your challenges to staying free of PMO? Why do you say that you are "the worst at this"?

20. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

Today i found a place that makes egg sandwiches using whole grain bread. A street vendor usually has rolls or bagels. But i was fortunate enough to have this vendor close to where i work. Now i can make the healthier decision. Instead of 2 eggs on a roll or bagel, i now have 2 egg whites on whole grain bread.

This is a healthy adjustment. I have been greatly reducing fat from my diet. I have constructed a personal nutrition guideline to monitor calories, fat, carbs and protein.
    Along with exercise, proper diet is necessary.

My goal is to lose 15 pounds (7kg?)
    within 90 days. I believe this is possible and that i will definitely be able to achieve it.

I have further goals i will not speak of yet. However i did weigh 185 back in 2015, even 170 a year prior (it was very unhealthy though. I starved myself).

My overall goal is to find a healthy balance and fitness level.

What does this have to do with NoFap? Everything.

If can abstain from PMO, i can change my behavior in other areas of my life using the same principals.

So far so good today.