1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Becoming the writer I want to be

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anakin66, Feb 24, 2020.

1. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

What is the novel about?

Henryforward likes this.
  2. It's about the climb to a higher level of the food chain. In the hopes of finding happiness and success. But one soon finds out that money, power, drugs and women etc. Doesn't make you happy. A story about loss, pain, and death and then in turn finding hope and peace.
    It's a way of telling my story. I figured a novel is a neat way of writing may be more gripping and far reaching than a biography in this instance. Also I think it's probably best to write a novel based on true events for legal reasons.

3. What are you all writing about?

4. I think it's important to capture the reader with some excitement in the first few pages. I've been reliving meeting some friends who will ultimately change the direction of my life. It's strange as I write I can see it all. I can see the smiles, I can feel the embrace of a lover, and I can see friends who have since moved on. I can see that whatever comes of me writing this. It will at the very least be healing and therapeutic for me. I'm up to 3237 words today from 1128 yesterday. I've been writing for many years, but never more than lyrics, musings of a madman and poetry. I've had family members tell me to write my story but I haven't thought it the right time. I was going to wait till I was old. But we do not know what tomorrow will bring, so I'm going to do it now. I feel I have a purpose now. Someones life may be changed by this and that is enough.

5. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

1251 words today. Aiming to get this chapter done by weeks end.

6. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I'm writing a space opera trilogy, and am currently on the second book.

7. Private Message?

AtomicTango likes this.
  8. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Yep, I'll get around to it as soon as I can.

aspiringwriter1997 likes this.
  9. I'll send it to you first thing tomorrow since I'm hoping to get back into working on the chapter next week.

AtomicTango and Henryforward like this.
  10. 1360 words up tonight. I've gotten to a point where I go back in time to childhood. I knew that would come sooner or later but now is a perfect time. So going back to a Sunday morning where it is quite chaotic in the family home. It sure is neat writing this. I cannot believe how natural it's flowing. I let my sister read what I had done today and she said it's really good, and definitely keep it up. She wanted to keep reading but that was as far as I had gotten.
    Hope your guys are going strong.

11. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

12. Hope you guys like poetry. A little one I wrote the other night sitting by my pals the geese.

A body of water, a cool evening breeze.
    A goose for a friend and a muse.
    I sit here on this small park bench.
    Looking across this lake so dear.

I hear the words of the trees.
    I hear the cool evening breeze.
    I hear the conversation between goose and his wife. Content as can be with a belly full of grain.

Such simplicity the life of a goose.
    Such beauty they gracefully air.
    Two by two they head back to the nest.
    It's time to lay their heads down to rest

13. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I like it! I've started wanting to write haikus but considering I spend all my writing time working on books I dont really have the time.

14. Thanks :) sometimes it's important to just breathe isn't it. There's a beauty in simplicity. Take a breather for 15 minutes and just go sit somewhere nice and try.

15. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I went out for a walk this morning and got the inspiration for a haiku. Hope you guys like it.

Slight chill in the air.
    Leaves burn yellow, orange, red.
    Autumn comes again.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  16. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

17. It's good :)

18. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Thank you! I'll admit haikus arent the hardest thing to write, even when taking the 5-7-5 format into account they arent all that complicated, but nonetheless there is some simply satisfaction to be gained from writing them.

19. I think I'd like to give them a go. It's funny. I have quite an obsession with the correct number/rhythm of syllables. It's probably just OCD however. But it works when it comes to poetry and writing. Lol.

aspiringwriter1997 likes this.
  20. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I get like that when choosing specific descriptions for my books, certain assortments of words just sound better than others for a reason I cant logically explain.