1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

PMO causes adult acne

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Hey all,

I have been having issues with adult acne for some years now, I'm 28.
    I have been eating clean for a short period of time and my acne started to clear up. Then i relapsed 2 days in a row and immediately the next day i had a new pimple on my face.

Im sure PMO causes adult acne in my case.
    Have you experienced similar issues with PMO?

2. Nautica

Nautica Fapstronaut

Yes. Whenever I relasped I broke out. And if I edged for a few hours I could feel a big pimple forming on my face

SantaHat likes this.
  3. Deddog

Deddog Fapstronaut

Each of us is unique and PMO might have different effects on us - a quick search in Google and a few articles that poped out claim that connection between M and acne is a "myth", however I know that things aren't so simple and can't be a template to measure each of us (maybe different Internet browser will display different articles in top search results, we must beware of information bubbles). In the few articles I quickly looked at P and O are not mentioned - so perhaps PMO is nasty combo, when we are constantly exposed to PMO hormones are buzzing inside us and it can create a neuro-cocktail that will have a negative impact on our life, including the condition of our skin - it can also lead to other destructive habits.

Increased consumption of food rich in sugars leads to development of adult acne (confirmed by many studies), during the last few years I had a constant mood swings (mostly downs) and I became addicted to soft drinks rich in sugar (Coca-Cola e.g.) - now that I look back and contemplate about the reasons why I ended up where I am now, I know that the addiction to PMO caused it. So yeah, I think that I can boldly say that PMO was the reason why I had an issues with adult acne, via boosted consumption of junk food rich in sugar to improve my mood and the hormonal storm that has been raging in my body for the last decade.

SantaHat likes this.
  4. I mostly notice the acne worsen when i'm pmo-ing several days in a row, so i think its the hormones going crazy thats causing my acne.
    Trying to stay pmo free for 90 days to see how my skin is responding.

Baowistop likes this.
  5. 21 and also dealing with acne.
    Masturbation does affect hormones but its differs among individuals.
    I do can confirm that dairy products has a major affect on acne due to the hormones in the cow's body (that liquid supposed to make an calf to a cow so...)
    If you haven't tried isotretinoin I would suggest to consider and a skin care therapy at a trusted cosmetican.
    Wish you much success!

SantaHat likes this.
  6. Thx man, yea i have been off dairy for a week now and im oticing improvements, so i hope that no dairy + nofap will help me in the long run :)

Baowistop likes this.
  7. Alitmonari

Alitmonari Fapstronaut

I guess we have a fellow scaper here :D

SantaHat likes this.
  8. Yeah :D

9. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

hey santa, i love your low poly santa hat.
    i don't know if there's a connection between acne and pmo at least in my case but i do know that isotretinoin, here suggested in a previous comment, despite giving gorgeous results in terms of acne clearance and skin rejuvenation, might be dangerous. i remember i read a study, kept hidden for a while maybe with the fda complicity, which was stopped before its deadline because volunteers started to die... isotretinoin and tretinoin are toxic.

Baowistop and SantaHat like this.
  10. Yeah its full of side effects, my dermatologist sugested me the treatment but i would only use it as a last resort if nothing is helping my skin.

Thx the santa hat is from a game called Old School Runescape :D

11. Adult acne is terrible. Been struggling for years, but I know how to hide it, so it doesn’t bother me as much.

12. blunt.ever

blunt.ever Fapstronaut

No, PMO isn'r relevant for problems with acne. I had acne in both situations.