1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Best veg diet in NoFap journey to recover fast

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by Unstoppable24/7, Nov 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Unstoppable24/7

Unstoppable24/7 Fapstronaut

I am vegan and I started nofap a week ago. Please suggest me a veg diet for fast recovery in NoFap journey. Should I start consuming eggs to recover fast?

2. Steppingintotheunkown

Steppingintotheunkown Fapstronaut

Hi mate, fellow plant based vegan dieter here. I eat alot of rich leafy greens, dark chocolate, chick peas, lentils, chia seeds, assorted beans, these are all great foods for magnesium. I would highly recommend Goji berries too, beware they are very powerful and if you eat to many they will make you horny, but just a few everyday can do wonders, they are literally a superfood. If you relapse eat some goji berries you’ll feel good again.
    I eat cooked vegetables everyday along with rice, pasta, baked potatoes. I try and avoid processed vegan food as much as possible, will have processed food for an odd treat or if I’m in a rush.
    Be aware, a vegan diet will make you more horny, iv found nofap more tough since being on a vegan diet. But it’s not the type of insane horniness I had before being vegan, back then I felt animalistic, out of control horniness. But now I’m more horny but feel more calm and centred and less wanting to impregnate all the women around me lol. But on the plus side being vegan and practicing nofap gives you a hell of a lot of energy so your more inclined to get a good workout in when the urges come, at least that’s true in my case.
    IM POWERED BY PLANTS AND LIFE FORCE CUM BABY!!! BOOM

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  3. Unstoppable24/7

Unstoppable24/7 Fapstronaut

Hey, thanks for your suggestion its really contain high nutrients giving food. I think it will help in fast recovery.

bluemax4 likes this.
  4. Steppingintotheunkown

Steppingintotheunkown Fapstronaut

Your welcome bro, in my humble opinion being vegan and practicing nofap is the way to go, it’s the ultimate combination. It will turn you into a god.

5. I'd recommend trying to get as much variety as possible and not sticking rigidly to one set plan. You need to try to keep protein levels up, as you'll naturally get less in a Veggie diet. You can get Vegan protein powder if you have some spare cash.

Unstoppable24/7 likes this.
  6. Mike28

Mike28 Fapstronaut

Agreed! Plus you need to remember to not quit after buying a protein that you dislike. I've tried many before finding one that I love XD Myprotein or vivo life have some good ones but there's plenty of them out there!

I would not go back to eating eggs as I truly believe the vegan lifestyle is better for your health and the environment (plus the animals of course!).

7. Third-generation lifetime lacto-ovo-vegetarian here. I'd recommend you do some research on vegan versus pescatarian versus lacto-ovo versus standard carnivorous dietaries. There are truly advantages and disadvantages to all of them. For vegans, here's a quick list:

Advantages
    -------------------
    A small fraction of risk for diabetes
    Less protein, which translates to higher calcium retention/stronger bones
    A fraction of the heart disease risk
    Reduced hormone intake --> reduced animalistic passions
    Much less risk of colon cancer

Disadvantages
    --------------------
    No / extremely low vitamin B12 intake; must supplement
    Reduced ability to expel toxins because of lower protein/sulfur intake
    Increased risk of mortality from certain cancers
    Equal mortality rate, overall, to regular meat-eaters, though from different causes

I'm trying to keep it short, so just that much for now. Studies have shown that pescatarians live longest, on average, followed by lacto-ovo-vegetarians, then by occasional meat eaters, then lastly both meat-eaters and vegans. I wouldn't choose the pescatarian diet, however, as fish are high in mercury, and mercury causes all kinds of nervous disorders. I'd rather live a couple years less than have Alzheimer's disease for the last decade or so.

But long-term vegans (2+ years of strict adherence) have some very real risk of permanent brain damage as their B12 stores become depleted. The problem is that since vegans usually consume more green leafy vegetables, which are high in folate, the folate is able to mask the early symptoms of B12 deficiency so that they are unaware there is a problem. By the time they know there is a problem, it can be too late to reverse the damage. Ordinarily, early symptoms of B12 deficiencies might include numbness/tingling in hands or feet, reduced sense of taste/smell, fatigue, loss of short-term memory, etc. Severe deficiencies can result in hearing loss or even loss of sight.

Vegans have less risk for onset of cancer than do meat-eaters: the problem is that once a vegan actually gets cancer, he or she has little ability to fight back against it, seeing as the B12 reserves are already gone, and to eat animal foods at that point, which have B12, would be to encourage the cancerous growth. A non-vegan with good B12 reserves who gets cancer can "coast" on those reserves for awhile and basically go vegan to starve out the cancer. Once the cancer is gone, going back to a regular B12-containing diet is the more healthful option.

A vegan diet can be very good for short periods of time--such as for several days or weeks before an athletic competition. Most athletes know about this now, and become vegan for a period of time before they compete. But there are very few people who can stay on a vegan diet permanently with no adverse effects. I think the lacto-ovo-vegetarian diet is the best balance between all of the advantages and disadvantages, but each person will have slightly different requirements and may find something else which works better (e.g. some fish or occasional meat).

8. Indurian

Indurian Fapstronaut

Hey, thanks for the info. Can you please site some sources though as a lot of the info you have stated contradicts what I have read over the years.

Thanks

9. There's a lot of information, as well as misinformation, out there, it's true. Just like people who want to drink alcohol will find "scientific" excuses to do so and think they are better for it--yet there are conflicting studies on the matter, many people who adopt a vegan diet just assume, and not without reason, that it will be healthful for them--and scientists/researchers are happy to provide them with "ammunition" to support it. Yet, as with everything, there are two sides to the coin, and there is plenty of good research to the other side on the vegan question.

By 1999 there had been five major studies done on different dietaries. The two largest were the Adventist Health Study, led by a team from Loma Linda, California, and the Oxford study that was done in England, inspired by the AHS. Tens of thousands of participants were enrolled in both studies, and many variables were considered. The results did not come out well for vegans, who were shown to have an identical mortality rate to that of regular meat-eaters. A Meta-analysis study which pooled the data from the five other studies and analyzed it was later published, and veganhealth.org used to have the results of this study available online. They may no longer have it. They do still have a summary of some of it, which can be found here:

https://veganhealth.org/cancer-rates-of-vegetarians/

That summary includes the following tidbit from the study that might seem counterintuitive or even shocking to some vegans:
    As for the link between high folate consumption and increased risk of permanent brain damage on a vegan diet, due to lack of adequate B12 intake, the information is a little less public-friendly. It's published for doctors by the National Institute of Health (NIH). But you may take a look at one such article here:

https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminB12-HealthProfessional/

It includes the following quote that would be important for every aspiring vegan to know and understand.

I hope this helps to lead you in the right direction. It's a maze out there when it comes to getting actual facts on such a controversial subject. Vegans naturally want to think their diet is superior to all others, but the facts are simply not on their side (unfortunately). I wish it were otherwise. But we have to be balanced in our thinking, and not allow our subjective opinions to keep us from seeing the truth: our health, and that of others, may be at stake.