1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Covid 19 Killing Intimacy and Physical love?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by greenmtnboy, Mar 14, 2020.

1. greenmtnboy

greenmtnboy Fapstronaut

Someone on a conservative forum I'm a member of asked how to safely kiss his wife with the coronavirus plague? Someone said that wiping the mouths with a disinfectant before and after would be one remedy.

Is this virus killing physical expressions of affection and love? Everything social is being cancelled, churches, 12 step meetings.

I even saw that prostitution is dying in affected areas: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/seattle-sex-workers-covid19-coronavirus_n_5e69233ac5b60557280fbfce

SoaringEagle likes this.
  2. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

First thing first: keep your distance from people who are having the virus.

But i do not believe it kills love. Love is the strongest factor in the universe. In bad times, people depend more on the love ones around them, and it actuel increas the amount of love!

recon117 likes this.
  3. No... definitely not. There's no reason to stop yourself from kissing your spouse, unless they actually have the virus. They aren't going to have it forever. They will be quarantined for a while and then they'll likely be fine.

Also, as a married person, I pretty much assume if one if us gets it, we will both have it. That might not be the case, one of us may get lucky. But it would be pretty impossible not to touch anything he's touched. We would both be quarantined together if one of us got it.

But even if we weren't, it's a temporary thing. There's no reason to let it change your whole life.

Rev2.0 and recon117 like this.
  4. If you love someone, how far would you go to protect them? Yes it interrupts physical expressions. But hey—- it’s not forever. And think how wonderful it will be when you can touch again? How much will it mean?

recon117 and Deleted Account like this.
  5. greenmtnboy

greenmtnboy Fapstronaut

Many people have immunity now. If you are exposed to covid and other viruses and have a healthy immune system health threats are not a bit worry. Love is one of the greatest of human aspirations, whether spiritual or physical.

6. Branchman

Branchman Fapstronaut

covid al mayo.jpg I was going to answer that yes, it is killing love, but as you say fellows, real love is stronger. Neverthless it is killing physical contact, social contact, etc. And for me that is not something I enjoy, beeing deprived of social contact. It has actually affected me psycologically, now I am handling it, but I think it is going to be really dificult to stand another month not hugging somebody, shaking hands, smiling, etc. I live with my family but I like to see other people.

Where I live, I think they will take off quarantine (totally) in about one month. It was supposed that they were going to take it off in one week, but the cases have been increasing (not as much as it seems), 329 cases where the population is 800,000 (eight hundred thousand people, living in my city), with 39 deaths. There are still other things that are important, more people dies because of violence, suicidal, hunger, etc.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  7. GhostRider@11

GhostRider@11 Fapstronaut

Please never even think of doing that. disinfectant might not be much poisonous for humans, but remember it is a poison, it it kills corona, then it has capacity to make you sick, and if you are sick, you may get fever or it may make your immune system weak and then you might get common cold and in all these cases doctors will say you are corona positive, and you will be admitted in hospital. Disinfectant has arsenic in it. Nowadays, we need to keep ourselves safe from doctors more than any disease or infection, the major cause of death is due to heart attack but even more people die each year because of mistakes of doctors. These are the same doctors which used to say that "14 cigarettes a day keeps lung cancer away", these are the same doctors who once used to transfused milk instead of blood, and when patients died - they used to say - we did everything, we even tried to save him by transfusing milk. But the patient could not be saved.

8. ThePeakWae

ThePeakWae Fapstronaut

Any sort of passionate fearmongering usually kills compassion, so yes Covid is killing
    Intimacy and Physical love

Rev2.0 likes this.
  9. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Do not disrespect the word plague please, this ain't a plague, not even close.

10. The coronavirus influence on culture will completely disappear in a few years, noone will ever be nostalgic for social distancing

11. ThePeakWae

ThePeakWae Fapstronaut

Unfortunately the inflation it caused will not.

12. SoaringEagle

SoaringEagle Fapstronaut

People have been conditioned for a while now, if you think in 2 years people will stop being germaphobes think again. A lot of work have gone into the brain washing of the masses, it may subside but it will never go away.
    Same as what have happened after September 11th, the so called precautions against "terrorism" never went away even though by now it's obvious who has really done it!

Are you sure for how long this will last? I still remember when they said it was only for 2 weeks! Now it's 2 years! and after that who will remember how life used to be? Especially after the economic free fall continues.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

13. It's not Covid-19 that is killing intimacy, physical love and completely destroying social settings, it's the global response to it. It has nothing to do with health and all to do about control. Just think about all the measures that they've brought in.

• Lock-down policies that causes economic destruction, are unscientific, ineffective and causes severe damage to public health, not only financial but also physical and psychological. Economy and health are inseparable.
    • Enforced social distancing(an oxymoron) that should be named by it's proper name, social isolation. Not only an ineffective tool against the 'spread of a virus' but a known CIA torture technique with significant harm to mental health.
    • Mandatory masks that are not only a symbol of subjugation on a subconscious level but also completely useless against the spread of viral infectious diseases and causes detrimental damage to your health by limiting oxygen intake, increasing carbon dioxide intake, causes re-inhalation of your expelled toxins through breathing and inhalation of toxic fiber particles from the mask themselves.
    • Hand-sanitizers that are being heavily encouraged, the vast majority of which have a plethora of known carcinogens and dangerous chemicals that can cause severe damage to your health and immune system.
    • Heavy testing done with a RT-PCR test that according to its own inventor, Kary Mullis, is not to be used for diagnostic purposes and that if used correctly could be used to find ANYTHING, in EVERYONE. A test that is being used to test for a virus allegedly called Sars-Cov-2 that hasn't even fulfilled Koch's Postulates and therefore hasn't been proven to exist.
    There's so much more to get into and a whole post could be made with each of the examples given above but I'll leave it there for you to do your own research.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2020
  14. Branchman

Branchman Fapstronaut

Actually feeling lonely and beeing depressed (with lockdown and social distancing is much more easily to feel lonely, and if it was difficult to have social contact, with this "meassures" of "healthy distancing" now it is harder) increases the risk of heart problems. Compared with smoking and alcoholism, feeling lonely creates more risks of having heart disseases.

As mental and emotional status affects physical health, mental health is as expensive as physical health, or maybe even more, if we add mental issues.

It is well known that beeing happy strengths our inmune system. So why make people sad? If what we need to be healthy is not to be sad and isolated.

There is a recent study that shows that the capacity of excercise decreases the risks of severe complications of covid-19. I'll post it in the next message. So if excersice strenghts our inmune system, why are our governments depriving us to excercise?

This "pandemic" according to who (world health org) has a rate of mortality of 0.0274, wich is 2.745%. It means that of 100 people infected, 2.7 are going to die. 41,104,946 infected people, and 1,128,325 deaths.
    Compared with bubonic plague it is nothing to really worry, I've read that death rate of bubonic plague was about 33.3%, in europe at least 1/3 of the population died.

Just famine, diseases related to water and suicide takes as much lifes than covid19 has taken in these 8 months and the world isn't making drastic changes or at least visible changes to solve that.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    SoaringEagle and HumansAreFree like this.
  15. Branchman

Branchman Fapstronaut

16. >Virus forces everyone to quarantine
    >Quarantined people must stay in their homes as much as possible

Title:
    Is Covid 19 Killing Intimacy and Physical love?

I really doubt that. People love to fuck when they're idle and stuck together. I'll be keeping a close eye on the birth rates in the next 3-6 months just to be sure.

17. Branchman

Branchman Fapstronaut

Well not everybody has a mate.
    This pandemic has caused some marriages to get divorced. Maybe for the ones who really love their families, the recently married, or the ones that have learned to live with others, for them covid is not killing intimacy, but for the ones who were lonely after this yes.

SoaringEagle likes this.
  18. Because it isn't about health. If it was they would encourage good nutrition, proper supplementation, exercise, going outdoors, mediation etc.

It's actually way lower than that. The WHO put the IFR at 0.14% according to their best estimates in a recent statement.

19. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

[​IMG]