1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. I agree. I was overly descriptive in a recent comment but I will refrain from this in the future.

NICEDUDE likes this.
  2. Rough, long day at work. My coworkers are pushing my patience to its limits. Wish I could retire but my bank account says no.

3. @Nash78 ! Congrats on your 90 days! You are now a member of the 90 Day Hall of Achievement. :emoji_trophy::emoji_juggling::emoji_lifter:

Timber likes this.
  4. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

thursday evening - no urges yet, although been no triggers either!

artifact likes this.
  5. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Checking in.

Reset again, bad time right now, eating rubbish and feeling rubbish.

:/

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    Circleinthesquare and NICEDUDE like this.
  6. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

This is one of those posts that is too graphic and could be a trigger for some.

JJ_Kino, Timber and Jerky like this.
  7. Life is rough right now. I know I'm not the only one so I don't want to complain, just want to let it out is all. I think of the adage, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" and I want to believe that. Seems like right now things are slowly killing me though because I don't seem to be getting any stronger. In the long run I hope to look back on this as a necessary period of my life, that the future me wouldn't be as strong without going through this. I think everyone's life is hard in some way and at some point in time - there's no way to avoid it. It seems maybe the best things to do are keep learning and keep trying.

JJ_Kino, Timber, discovery and 2 others like this.
  8. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

Day 78 - 80 A few days ago I was tempted by chaser effect (4 days after the fact) and had to work hard to stay clean. It's been calm since then. Really thankful for the fellowship here and the resources available that have helped me battle my PMO addiction after 30 years of daily indulgence. Stay strong

JJ_Kino, Timber, GottaBFree and 2 others like this.
  9. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

almost at a week so pleased with that- - always find the weekends so hard....

JJ_Kino, GottaBFree, artifact and 2 others like this.
  10. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

hi there everybody checking in.

You hang in there @artifact ! Don't let your work mess up the rest of your life. I know by my own experience that this is easy to say but not easy to do!

11. OpenEyedSneeze

OpenEyedSneeze Fapstronaut

All right boys (and girls?)
    I'm 35 since September and I like the idea of "hanging around" people in the same age group.

I'm in need of encouragement and I need to get this thing under proper control. I'm in the middle of exams with heavy pressure. Family life with full time studies is rough and the marriage hanging on a thread.

I don't have time right now to delve into my story but I need something to hold on to.

If I need to makee any certain changes to the counter and such, I would appreciate if someone would assist with that.

Ok, go.

ps. my counter is not correct - just don't know how to reset it.

JJ_Kino, Timber and artifact like this.
  12. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Hey - welcome

Click on a link with a counter like at the bottom of mine and just make a new one

13. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I had a good week and then got back on the struggle bus

JJ_Kino, discovery and NICEDUDE like this.
  14. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Let's decide to end the year strong!

15. Nash78

Nash78 Fapstronaut

Thanks!

JJ_Kino and artifact like this.
  16. Nash78

Nash78 Fapstronaut

I have relapsed since then. I took my guard down, went for real sex and now back to fap. It’s frustrating that it’s so easy for this thing to come back and bite you in your ass. How do I change my counter now?

JJ_Kino and discovery like this.
  17. If you're on a desktop, click the link at the top of the page that says "Update Day Counter" then enter the time/date of last P/M. I'm not sure how it works on a phone.

JJ_Kino likes this.
  18. If you would like to join the group, please read the rules at the beginning of this thread and request membership with the special magic phrase. :cool:

JJ_Kino and discovery like this.
  19. I'm going to give it all I got!

20. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

@Nash78 That "chaser effect" can be very strong. I have a big struggle with that and before I learned about it and gained awareness to expect it and stay on guard, it always took me down. My lifelong habit was to always "top off" sex IRL with a solid PMO session, like I had earned a premium experience for myself. Having to uncouple that pattern was really tough and I still get hit hard with a chaser urge up to 3-4 days after the IRL experience. Try to read up on chaser effect and learn how it might work on your psyche and then get your coping skills in place to battle it. After all, most of us are not here to avoid intimacy relations especially if we have a significant other, wife, partner - that is a beautiful part of life. But we do want to stay PMO-free. I've found those IRL experiences way more satisfying since nofap, particularly once I got to over 30 days streak. Stay strong friends!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    JJ_Kino likes this.