1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Jedi Temple (open)

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Marcus Aurelius, Aug 25, 2019.

1. LaUrss

LaUrss Fapstronaut

Day 8 - Padawan . Today I felt that i was going to fail. But I enter in this page , and click the emergency button , suddenly in my laptop , i saw a photo of gandalf saying : YOU SHALL NoFap . and i didnt fap. I will keep strong for my next chess tourney, thats all for today...

2. FluffyAmygdala

FluffyAmygdala Fapstronaut

Check-in Day 5. It has been difficult, been having a constant stream of dark thoughts and temptations to slip to the dark side. Have been able to resist so far

3. jenthleth

jenthleth Fapstronaut

4. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

Been away for a bit, but I am now at day 3

5. kaow84141718

kaow84141718 Fapstronaut

Day 3: Youngling

May The Force Be With You!

6. Day 2 I binge in the last few weeks and I feel like shit

7. Baller123

Baller123 Fapstronaut

8. Sawamura

Sawamura Fapstronaut

9. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

10. Luxor

Luxor Fapstronaut

Day 30, checking in, Jedi Knight, that was not easy at all but I finally made it.

11. jenthleth

jenthleth Fapstronaut

12. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

I've been struggling with PMO over the past month.

The US election and rising covid cases have been stressing me out and I've been inconsistent dealing with these and other stresses in healthy ways. There's been a couple of binges and usually my clean streaks don't last longer than 4-5 days. In hindsight, posting about it on this forum would have been helpful but I've been trying to stay off of my laptop.

For now, it seems like my current job is secure so that makes me a little less stressed. The pandemic has thrown a wrench in my recovery plan but I'm still committed to getting over PMO. I'm luckier than many others to have safe ways to get out of the house and do stuff other than sulk around and try not to think of PMO. I need to have a balance between not being too reckless and not being too overcautious. My gut is telling me to be safe and smart but still go out and LIVE.

I need to get in the habit of going for walks and hikes more often. One hobby that I've gotten better at recently is photography. I also enrolled in online grad school starting in the spring. Hobbies that I want to get into down the road include rock climbing, kayaking, snorkeling, fishing, cycling, grilling, and playing guitar.

Between all of these replacement habits and the support of my friends and family, I will get over this PMO addiction slowly but surely.

Here's a quote that hit home for me:

“The world isn't in your books and maps, it's out there...”

― J.R.R. Tolkien (through the words of Gandalf)

Marcus Aurelius and One Eyed Owl like this.
  13. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

I've been given feedback on this forum that in order to get over PMO, I need to change how I think. Here's a video I listened to that seems to be on the right track:

Hope it helps.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    Marcus Aurelius and One Eyed Owl like this.
  14. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

After doing some thinking, it seems like my struggle with dealing with PMO falls back to my struggle with making plans and not following through with them. In hindsight, this makes a lot of sense. I've been told I'm good at making plans but inconsistent with putting them into practice. Maybe getting better at carrying out plans will help me get over PMO.

15. Sawamura

Sawamura Fapstronaut

16. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

17. LaUrss

LaUrss Fapstronaut

You can do it brother, I joined this group a few days ago because i need to get strong to a chess tourney Im gonna go. I need the power of NoFap. As you say the best think you can do to avoid fap is redirecting that energy into another activity . I agree with you in getting those new hobbies.

18. jenthleth

jenthleth Fapstronaut

19. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut