1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What was your motivation to start nofap?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ali91, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Ali91

Ali91 Fapstronaut

Hi. First I would like to clarify that I did join Nofap about 1 year ago,
    But I've relapsed after 2 months. And I was like ok I'll continue wanking myself what's the harm? However 2 weeks ago something struck me like a dagger ,that literally made me shed few tears.

My ex fiancée got married to someone else. It felt like a lighting strike to me. like how could she? I knew right then that I had to change myself I have to move on. I have to be something better.
    I started dieting, focusing more on my studies to build my way into an engineering college, and started Nofap.

Anytime I had the urge I tell myself your fiancée is probably having sex with someone else right now while you want to have sex with your hands and computer !! What a loser. This always makes the urge disappear and fuel me with more motivation towards my goals. I'm sorry if my story seems sad for you. But how about you ? why did you start Nofap?

Axesteel and VTheBang like this.
  2. WOODROW

WOODROW Fapstronaut

Hi there! I am wondering how did you choose me to send me this very intresting note? I am just curious.

3. nevergonnarelapse

nevergonnarelapse New Fapstronaut

This streak? To increase my self-discipline.
    My sub-goals are to find my identity and purpose in the world, which tie into my main motivation (as stated above) which is to have the strength to follow through with my purpose.
    I also take cold showers everyday.

4. Abzu

Abzu Fapstronaut

to get rid of guilt and fix personal issues and my relations with others

5. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

To increase testosterone and heal from post-finasteride syndrome.

6. I started NoFap because i thought it will release my mental pressure.
    I was dumped by my ex gf for no reason and i waited for her almost 3years hoping she will come back. Can you imagine i wasted 3years of my life. I was already a loner so i started PMOing.
    But 2months ago when i found her on instagram she blocked me.
    I was like -"wow, that is how God is punishing me. I don't even know what my fault was and I am getting punishment."
    Also over those years of PMOing gave me PE.
    So i am doing NoFap to release my mental pressure(to forget about her) and also to cure my PE.

7. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

How is nofap supposed to help you forgetting your ex? I don't get it and i am curious to listen...

8. I don't know bro.
    The only reason i went into PMOing was because of being neglected like garbage. And i haven't been able to think straight since.

I thought rebooting will give me a clarity of mind and maybe i will find a purpose in life rather than being a loner who was betrayed by friends and dumped by ex.

I read several posts saying how semen retention miraculously helped them. I have nothing to lose so i thought i might as well give it a try hoping for something miracle to happen.

You can call me a fool and I don't mind being judged for one silly reason to start NoFap coz no body knows anybody in real life.
    However my other reason for NoFap is sonething that can be taken seriously.

9. Honestly I been trying to stop since I started and that was 25 years ago. Is hard to belive that pmo is the one thing that always gets me. So I have a 100 reasons to stop. But I think the thing that keeps me motivated the most, is that I wanto to be able to conquer the one thing that has beaten me for so long. And thats pmo. I dont know if im going to do it in this lifetime but im gonna try.

Phil 3:12-16 likes this.
  10. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

To improve my life and it was a time i was having very easy brain fog and bad marks at univerisity

Nofap improved alot my study

Axesteel likes this.
  11. Ali91

Ali91 Fapstronaut

I can see we are in the same boat. When I was fapping I couldn't keep my eyes open when I study. Always yawning, couldn't concentrate, and boredom as hell. It really helped my studies plus my dieting. I don't get hungry and weak as I did when I was fapping.

Axesteel and PanteriMauzer like this.
  12. Ali91

Ali91 Fapstronaut

Interesting. I hope we can all overcome it. BTW my brother has gone 5 years without PMO. So I guess it's possible after all.

Crazyhands likes this.
  13. Ali91

Ali91 Fapstronaut

My ex fiancée when she got married it was my ignition switch. I was telling myself Ali, Cut the crap no one is supposed to be caring for you more than you do. They all leave someday. You have to take care of yourself. And believe me bro. When you quit PMO you will stop feeling of guilt and shame. That's alone should give you eternal peace. And whenever you have an urge think like me. That your ex is probably sleeping with someone else while you will become a loser and have sex with your hand and your computer. As long as we work on ourselves and trying to improve ourselves we are winning. Good luck

Axesteel likes this.
  14. Yes brother. I know how it feels when you see the ones who hurt you are happy while you suffer in darkness. And that feeling attracts you towards greater darkness. For me it pulled me into PMO.
    I hope after 90days or something like that i will see some improvement in me.

15. profconcept

profconcept Fapstronaut

spending enough years alone was motivation for me to grow up and clean up

16. Phil 3:12-16

Phil 3:12-16 Fapstronaut

Hoping to really love someone and not the idea of someone. Hoping to experience, and prove, that it is possible to overcome, to live without secrecy, to live with peace and joy. Hoping to help others.

I've had times of being free of this in the past, but it came back, so I knew I needed to get more serious and joining NF would help.

All the best