1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I've been there for a long time. I don't like P or M. But the brain stuff has a hold on me.

Just trying to take it an hour at a time.

Merry Terry and artifact like this.
  2. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

Checking in guys. So far staying firm walking one day at a time.
    I hope you are all doing ok.

3. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

Thanks! I do have to admit I actively look up P-subs somsetimes, spending some time and creativity in trying to find excitement in such a way that "it's still okay", when in reality, often it's not okay. I'm definitely going to have to get rid of that. But for now, just the confirmation that I can do 80 days without real M is very encouraging in itself, so I don't want to spoil that too much. One small victory at a time.

GottaBFree, artifact and Timber like this.
  4. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

@Merry Terry - Congrats on 80 days. That is a solid achievement. I'm just a bit ahead of you in terms of a streak and I'll share with you the last week or so has been getting much calmer. We're all different but for what it's worth hopefully that's a bit of encouragement as to what you might look forward to. P-subs is definitely a challenge but yes we are in much better shape without M, and very encouraging indeed. Stay strong.

GottaBFree, Merry Terry and Timber like this.
  5. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

Thanks @artifact

GottaBFree likes this.
  6. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Thanks for the support guys. I'm doing better now. Just took a quick trip to the Twilight Zone, that's all.

LOL. Glad I'm not alone.

That makes a lot of sense. Now that I think about it, back in the day I binged watched The Office, and felt extremely sad after the episode where Michael Scott left the show. I missed him deeply, and felt like one of my best friends just left my life forever. But I never felt that my reaction was strange, I just felt like the show's creators did their jobs to make the viewer care. And as for hard-ons for pixels, yes, we are being aroused to the point of orgasm to countless numbers of tiny different colored, blinking lights. Just imagine someone getting off to a blinking Christmas tree. Silly is an understatement.

7. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

Haha, that line about the blinking Christmas tree is s hilarious... but really, the stuff we've done is just as stupid :D

artifact, GottaBFree and discovery like this.
  8. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

Thanks a lot, this helps a ton

9. raf-is-good

raf-is-good Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group.

GottaBFree likes this.
  10. mrguy

mrguy Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join. Even though I am 34 I will be 35 soon. In fact my birthday falls in my 90 day reboot timeframe so I want to truly have a day worth celebrating (even though day 90 is well past my 35th birthday)

GottaBFree and raf-is-good like this.
  11. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Two M sessions this weekend. I was successful with moving away from M this week and had a couple of successes overcoming the urges, but just let it happen this weekend.

here I go again!

GottaBFree likes this.
  12. sjindjin

sjindjin Fapstronaut

Hi, 45 and would love to join. On day 1, looking to achieve PM for foreseeable future because I'm realizing more and more it's not beneficial to my sexlife with my partner. Not expecting this to be easy, I tend to get triggered easily and I have difficulty not to give in to the urge.

Merry Terry likes this.
  13. Ran out of steam this weekend and gave in. Ready to start climbing again.

14. bama_lost

bama_lost Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group

Merry Terry and GottaBFree like this.
  15. Nash78

Nash78 Fapstronaut

Good luck with your journey!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    artifact and Merry Terry like this.
  16. Nash78

Nash78 Fapstronaut

I had some unique experience last night. I was having some erotic dream and I was about to ejaculate in my sleep. Surprisingly, I remembered in my dream that I didn't want to do it, and I realized immediately that this was a dream. Interestingly, I didn't ejaculate and I woke up slightly and went back to sleep again. I generally get a wet dream in 4 weeks so it was a little early for me as I am only 2 weeks in for this nofap journey.

Merry Terry and raf-is-good like this.
  17. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Some years I really get into new years resolutions. This will be one of those years.

Not hoping to have a magical solution. Looking to be mentally tough and try to sustain eating, excercize, pm, and professional goals all year. When I quit for a week start again ASAP. More time spent activly engaged in living the good life.

@Merry Terry @discovery hillarious about the Christmas tree lights. I love stuff like that. It's such a weird manipulation of a healthy reward circuit when you think about it.

It really is as dumb as a chimp starving to death cause it would rather use a white powder than eat.

PM takes away the drive to do the stuff that leads to a good life. Crazy crazy stupid stuff. This year I'm going to try to get less aroused watching Christmas Tree lights lol.

18. raf-is-good

raf-is-good Fapstronaut

ha haaaaa that's so funny, you've got a STRONG subconscious mind there!
    Best Wishes..

artifact and NICEDUDE like this.
  19. raf-is-good

raf-is-good Fapstronaut

Fully agree. No PM = Excellent productivity.
    All the Best..

artifact and NICEDUDE like this.
  20. raf-is-good

raf-is-good Fapstronaut

Well happy climbing, cheers for the effort you put here!

artifact likes this.