Lovers of self

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by blacklabel92, Dec 18, 2020.

1. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

This is a quote from the bible that popped into my head while thinking about todays gen and the state of young people.. "People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, without self-control, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God." Im seeing the lovers of self and vanity more than ever with social media.. But then again i feel lile its always been this way.. We just see it more because of technology and its the age of "selfie" and "self love" What do yall think? Is it getting worse? Or has it always been this way.. I thinknits always been this way but im like 80% on that 20% is me feeling like this gen is the most vain especially with social med..

Knighthawk likes this.
  2. I agree that it’s more apparent now that we have the resources to act on our impulses and desires. Smartphones, social media pages and cameras on everything make it easy, for sure.

And you are out in LA? Haha. Other than South Tampa, I’m not sure there’s a place under the sun where it gets more self-absorbed and pretentious than that.

blacklabel92 likes this.
  3. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

Currently yeah..

Lmao, why is South Tampa the hotspot??

Yeah pretty much..

4. subway14

subway14 Fapstronaut

imo there's nothing wrong in loving yourself or money (as long as you're not harming others about it)

it's not like religion is any better lol

blacklabel92 likes this.
  5. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

loving yourself is different from being a narcissist insecure selfie-taker, which is the opposite of self-love. indeed i think that if you truly love yourself you don't need others approval, so no selfie.
    and i also think that god is inside of us, not outside and if you have this kind of consiousness, loving yourself you love whatever exist because you are whatever exist and only then te world will ove you back.
    you can't get love if you first don't love yourself.

blacklabel92 likes this.
  6. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

I respect your opinion.. I agree on the loving self to a degree, once you start being a vain narcissist thats when your pushin it.. Imo love of money is the root of all evil.. Money itself isnt..

Your right.. Millions massacred under the false flag of religion.. Evil men taking something meant for good and using it to their own devices. Shame.

7. I’d say it’s fun to travel to. There’s a lot to do, the people look good, the men put more effort into their appearance than the women and everyone is in shape - and blogging about it. Every other person up and down Bayshore BLVD is snapping a selfie. And they’re all getting in and out of 80-thousand dollar whips.

It’s easy to have a good time down there.

blacklabel92 likes this.
  8. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

Lmao. Sounds like a good time.. Besides the selfie part.