2020 Pandemic: Single Edition

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by blacklabel92, Dec 12, 2020.

1. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

Since this whole lockdown started around March 15th I've been for the most part, single.. For the most part most nights i was keeping myself warm.. Now as the year is wrapping up im reflecting.. finding positives and negatives about spending this year alone.. A positive is i know more about who i am as a person and my body and mind have never been in better shape.. A negative is I may have grown more cold and resentful due to me having to take care of myself all year with no one elses help but at the end of the day it was my choice to be alone so i don't know why i feel that way but i do. I don't want to project my insecurities on other people..

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  2. MexFighter

MexFighter Fapstronaut

Since the last 15 years I've been for the most part, single loool! Come on! You'll find the right one, being single is a veryyy cool season in your life, enjoy it! Travel, (yeah even during pandemic) go for a hike, get involve in social causes, GO SOBER of PMO!
    Good luck!

NF SINCE BIRTH and blacklabel92 like this.
  3. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

Lmao.. Felt friend.. Felt..

Hopefully.. Its ultimately my choice at the end of the day to be single.. Opportunities present themselves every day..

It is when you know how to do it right.. Lol.. Have your finances in order.. Have good credit.. No student loans.. Etc..

Yessir!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  4. Being alone and being lonely is two different things. If you can handle shit alone it makes you good relationship material.

5. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

True, if you can handle shit. Lol. Also reading that made me think of that Robin Williams quote. RIP. "I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone” - RW

6. Thats a nice quote. Ending toxic relationships is important in life. Sometimes that has to include even family. I am on a personal journey to find good friends in real life. It is going to take some time. For now I have found one friend I can call a soul mate. But I need a group of friends that I can have good talks with and that I never run out of stuff to talk about with.

blacklabel92 likes this.
  7. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

Thanks, i like sharing quotes that speak to me cause maybe they'll speak to others.. Yes ending toxic relationships is important. I have a friend now that ive known for 8 plus years and its a relationship on the borderline of toxic.. Idk what to do. Yeah.. Having friends like that is always a blessing..

8. I had to cut out a really good friend not too long ago. He was being too demanding. I couldn't give him the amount of attention he was asking for. I liked hanging with him but I didn't want to hang with him all the time. A few hours every now and then was enough. Not all the time. He didn't understand that I was an introvert. I needed to recharge.

Knighthawk and blacklabel92 like this.
  9. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

Exact same situation with the 8 years plus friend.. We moved in together with another friend and i moved out 3 months later. Then he wanted me to come through every week.. Then he uses me moving out and leaving as ammo to guilt trip me. Then he says " i dnt have time for part time friends" cuts me off and we didnt speak for over a year. We recently reconnected via me checking up on him to see if he was still at the place we moved into.. And its been 3 months we've been hanging out and kicking back since the 1 year break we had. We have different fitness goals.. He likes to drink, smoke and watch tv all day. I want to workout, create and improve. So idk how long this reconnections gna last.

10. Do what you have to. If he is too toxic you have to protect yourself. Some people are just not compatible.

blacklabel92 likes this.
  11. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

Felt. Your absolutely right. Idk ill see how it goes. For now its cool i guess. Thanks for the advice friend.